Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Gitaroo Man
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trofl  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Master's Mode was a shock for me at first... I almost wish I could switch to a DDR pad to do the dodging. I'm going to try to beat Sanbone Trio again and see if I can figure out some special strategy for it other than just perfect dodging the beginning. I just kept replaying the beginning over and over until I could get through the dodge sequence with at most 2 hits.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game sounds interesting, I might try to find it somewhere this summer.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: I beat Master Mode once... Reply with quote

I first saw the original Gitaroo Man at an E3 (can't remember which, all of 'em are a blur)

The Koei booth at this year's E3 had two PSPs set up with Guitar Hero (and a nifty big flat-screen monitor attached as well)

I don't know what difficulty setting I was playing, but I was able to clear a stage where U-1 AND Kira are both battling a giant robot called Kai-Kakoon.

Unfortunately, as with Guitar Hero II at the Red Octane booth, the cacaphony of chatter and blaring game sounds from other booths, it was impossible to hear the song at most times.

All of the play mechanics are the same, the phases of the song I played progressed identically to most Gitaroo Man 1 songs (Intro, Charge, Battle, Final) and all of the graphics are themed and look exactly like the PS2 version.
Darkwing  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trofl wrote:
Yeah, Master's Mode was a shock for me at first... I almost wish I could switch to a DDR pad to do the dodging. I'm going to try to beat Sanbone Trio again and see if I can figure out some special strategy for it other than just perfect dodging the beginning. I just kept replaying the beginning over and over until I could get through the dodge sequence with at most 2 hits.

I still can't get the correct timing/rhythm on the alternating square/circle dodges early in that song...still haven't been able to get past that part for months now.

I may have to record the video, and slow it down to see what I'm doing wrong.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, believe it or not I actually managed to beat the Sanbone Trio on Master mode after like 50 tries...it was about a year ago that I did it. I put a poster on my ceiling commemorating the date and time that I did it so that I would see it right away every time I woke up. My roommate eventually tore it down but yeah...the song on the master level is hard as hell.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
GitarooHero  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
Master Mode of course.

In my group of friends, I am the Rhythm Gamer (I think that my GH scores speak for that).

Same, but I can't do non-arcade DDR on the store-bought mats for the life of me. Freq, Gitaroo Man, Parappa, Donkey Konga...I can't get enough.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: plasticguitar ICQ Number
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still havent played Donkey Konga
ES942  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played it at a friends house on the highest difficulty (on accident) and destroyed his score. you cant find an easier rhythm game than donkey konga i think.
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it once, but it was a demo, on the easiest difficulty, and I got bored.

On the actual topic of Gitaroo Man, I still haven't beaten Sanbone Trio (well, duh).
popemobile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for you guys who cant do the song
btw this isnt me, i dont even own the game

Sanbone Trio
Genga  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
i played it at a friends house on the highest difficulty (on accident) and destroyed his score. you cant find an easier rhythm game than donkey konga i think.

my mate said it was one of the hardest games about, and sent a google video, i drummed along to it ok
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga wrote:
ES942 wrote:

my mate said it was one of the hardest games about, and sent a google video, i drummed along to it ok

Yeah, well try it. Drumming along is one thing, but pick it up, make it to Master Mode, and you'll be ready to throw your PS2 controller through the wall.

EDIT: Woah, I need to read the damn posts. Yeah, Donkey Konga is easy. I was talking about Gitaroo Man.

Last edited by krimsunmunkeys on Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Genga  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill give it a bash one day

he said theres a mode you have to guess what to drum? Personally this feels kinda pointless to me, but more of a challenge?
trofl  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
This is for you guys who cant do the song
btw this isnt me, i dont even own the game

Sanbone Trio

It's the part at about 2:04 that kills my health... I can't get that down...

If I ever get back into playing it much and can beat it again, I'll take a better vid.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
trofl  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga wrote:
ES942 wrote:

Yeah... I full comboed all the songs on the hardest difficulty (Gorilla?) within about two weeks... not hard :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: