ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cedar Point : Update / Still planning?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graf  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
EDIT: Also, you don't necessarily have to tell your parents were from the interwebz. My mom still thinks I know Graf and the gang through friends...

BAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA!!!!

That's funny. I basically told my parents, "Hey, I'm going to hang out with some people I met on the internet, have never seen a picture of them, and I am pretty sure one of them is a big black axe murder"

Seriously, Pieman, you should just be 100% honest with them. Tell them you've been talking to us for months, and you know we are all NOT 40-year-old-sexual predators. That's the main fear parents have with people from the internet, in my opinion. They just think that it's too risky and they don't want their child going out into the big bad world full of boogeymen.

Maybe if you added us on Myspace or FaceBook or something it would be encouraging to your parents? On FaceBook you can clearly see what college I go to, etc, etc and it certainly makes us each look less threatening

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
TheThirdDay wrote:
EDIT: Also, you don't necessarily have to tell your parents were from the interwebz. My mom still thinks I know Graf and the gang through friends...

That's funny. I basically told my parents, "Hey, I'm going to hang out with some people I met on the internet, have never seen a picture of them, and I am pretty sure one of them is a big black axe murder"

Seriously, Pieman, you should just be 100% honest with them. Tell them you've been talking to us for months, and you know we are all NOT 40-year-old-sexual predators. That's the main fear parents have with people from the internet, in my opinion. They just think that it's too risky and they don't want their child going out into the big bad world full of boogeymen.

Maybe if you added us on Myspace or FaceBook or something it would be encouraging to your parents? On FaceBook you can clearly see what college I go to, etc, etc and it certainly makes us each look less threatening

I have a myspace, but not a facebook, and all the cool people on SH have a facebook. Besides, my parents hate myspace so that wouldn't really help the cause.

But yes, I plan on being honest with them. I figure if the logic that a sexual predator wouldn't spend months talking to someone about squeezing in Guitar Hero doesn't work then I'm pretty much screwed anyways.

I'll be sure not to mention the time T3D told me he had candy in his van.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Wyatt965  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imightcome
[08:17pm] [12:54] <Angels2002> lol luk at me spin dis black circle around
[12:54] <Angels2002> hip hop!
drewbles  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Graf wrote:
TheThirdDay wrote:

I have a myspace, but not a facebook, and all the cool people on SH have a facebook. Besides, my parents hate myspace so that wouldn't really help the cause.

But yes, I plan on being honest with them. I figure if the logic that a sexual predator wouldn't spend months talking to someone about squeezing in Guitar Hero doesn't work then I'm pretty much screwed anyways.

I'll be sure not to mention the time T3D told me he had candy in his van.

This is the same thing Im in. Like my mom obviously knows Graf, Rickles, and ShellShocker. Because they've all been in my house!

I've told her about T3D. I refer to T3D as "My friend Colin who loves in Toms River behind the Mall" and my mom totally cool with Colin because he lives one town over where I used to live before Bayville.

My mom also doesnt mind Ravage or HA at all. She is just nervous when I go to Ravage's for get-together's simply because its so far away. Other than that she's fine with it.

The only thing is with this Ohio trip is that my mom doesnt like that its so many states over. Also the fact that I'd be out for possibly 2 night in a different state doesnt sit well with my parents at all.

But my mom doesnt mind me going to our little NJ Six Flags get-togethers we do in the Summer a lot.

Hopefully Graf, we can change my parents views of this whole trip. All we really need to do is give them the 100% low-down of whats going on. Pretty much tell them the entire plan on action for the trip and we should be pretty good.

Because my parents know that Im pretty good at GH and they know that these get-togethers are better than if I go out and smoke pot all night with friends.

As of now though, Im guessing about a 10-30% chance of going. . But hopefully overtime that percentage can raise.

ALSO, Graf I asked my mom to get me a SixFlags Season Pass for this summer and she said she will try and buy one at her job. She says they sell them there for cheaper so we will see.

AND, I keep forgetting to tell my mom about possibly seeing Metallica at Madison Square Garden in November. Ill bring it up to her eventually because I really want to see Metallica soon. Because GOD FOR BID they call it quits in the future before I get to see them. I will just be crushed!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The infinevent is July 18th, so....these being back to back weekends might not work out so well. Is it possible to push it into August? (Except the last week of august. I'm on vacation with the family then.)

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drewbles wrote:
Because my parents know that Im pretty good at GH and they know that these get-togethers are better than if I go out and smoke pot all night with friends.

...Can't we have both?

JOKING. CALM DOWN. >__>
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
drewbles wrote:

...Can't we have both?

JOKING. CALM DOWN. >__>

Oh, come on, you're supposed to be giving my parents reasons to LET me go. <___<
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
drewbles  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
TheThirdDay wrote:
drewbles wrote:

...Can't we have both?

JOKING. CALM DOWN. >__>

Oh, come on, you're supposed to be giving my parents reasons to LET me go. <___<

HAHAHAHAHA.

I lol'd at this part of the conversation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drewbles wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
TheThirdDay wrote:
drewbles wrote:

...Can't we have both?

JOKING. CALM DOWN. >__>

HAHAHAHAHA.

I lol'd at this part of the conversation.

Yeah, but the situation I am in is quite sadly similar to yours, drewbles. I probably won't even get to go to Cedar Point, let alone coinciding my trip with yours. I still think my best backup plan is SFGAdv, but I'm being optimistic...
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Yeah, but the situation I am in is quite sadly similar to yours, drewbles. I probably won't even get to go to Cedar Point, let alone coinciding my trip with yours. I still think my best backup plan is SFGAdv, but I'm being optimistic...

Well, believe it or not, I actually have been giving this some thought. I just haven't said anything cause I haven't come up with anything good.

Tell me this, would it all be your parents not trusting us, or partly them not trusting you? You know, some parents are just not very trusting...

Also, would you consider your parents overprotective?
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
Also, would you consider your parents overprotective?

Oh, no, CERTAINLY not. They worry about me CONSTANTLY if I catch a cold as if I'm going to die, they won't leave me home alone for more than a few hours, they won't go more than about a half hour away from home when I'm in school "in case something happens" (do they expect me to drop dead from a heart attack?), and I can't play M rated games/watch R rated movies because "they're inappropriate" (and yet I go to school every day where the n-bomb is dropped every 5 seconds, but that's okay...) And this of course. The point of this angsty whining rant was to say in a much longer form, "Oh, no, they're not overprotective."
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay: If you ever change that avatar, I will kill you. (Or...steal from you.)

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
drewbles  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
TheThirdDay: If you ever change that avatar, I will kill you. (Or...steal from you.)

He cant change the avatar, but he can damn sure change his location! That song is awful!

Lesley Roy FTL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drewbles wrote:
He cant change the avatar, but he can damn sure change his location! That song is awful!

You are dead to me.

Also, I'm not changing it at least until I FC it on drums. Fuck all of the -1's...
drewbles  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
drewbles wrote:

You are dead to me.

Also, I'm not changing it at least until I FC it on drums. Fuck all of the -1's...

Going for OMB FC? Film the Vocals!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: