ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
youhas' Northern California Get-Together 3.0! April 4-5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youhas  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: youhas' Northern California Get-Together 3.0! April 4-5 Reply with quote

Hey there, party people! Looks like it's about that time again: me and my wife (Ealasaid) are having a get-together for the random ScoreHero people of Northern California! (And not in the middle of summer this time! In the hopes of not totally heatstroking everyone! YAY)

Where: Youhaas Global, our lovely (if cramped) convenient-to-three-freeways, ten-minutes-from-the-airport apartment! It's in Santa Clara. A bit on the small side... but apparently in a place with either excellent soundproofing or super-chill neighbors. So it's got that going for it.

When: Saturday, April 4, and Sunday, April 5! The tentative plan is that folks will start filtering in as early as 11am on Saturday and will stay for as much weekend as they feel inclined to. (Some quantity of crash space can be provided. Hope you don't mind sleeping on floors!)

(Well, OK: technically speaking, people can start showing up on the evening of Friday, April 3. Please note that Friday night is actually Ealasaid's birthday party, though, where our "real world" non-ScoreHero friends will be in abundance 'til midnight, Rock Band-ing it up. If you want to be chill and awesome and social with us, great! If you are offended by the very concept of being kicked off the instruments for the benefit of mere mortals who play on Easy... yeah. Best to hold off 'til Saturday, then. )

Why: Because who doesn't want to hang out with other local folks who are as into the whole rhythm gaming experience as you are, amirite? Duh!

What: Whatever rhythm games our hearts desire! We are pretty much Rock Band 2 people at heart and are card-carrying DLC whores for the game, though we can pop in other games as folks' hearts desire. We've got all the Guitar Hero games, and much (though not all) of the DLC. (And also super-mediocre Rock Revolution, if you ever wanted to see that in the flesh! SCORE)

Console-wise, there's an XBOX, where we have seven viable guitars and a decent (if not special) drum kit with an aftermarket pedal, plus an actual mic stand and a drum throne - woo. And there's a PS2, where we have "only" four guitars, should the need arise. (Um, and an 8-bit Nintendo. Which had been in storage for decades, but apparently still works and everything.) If you have a guitar/pedal/drum kit/whatever that is Your Special Favorite, you're welcome to bring it... but there's no real need to.

Ah, caveats: we don't have a modded PS2 or anything, though, nor do we have customs discs. So if you're really chomping at the bit to play anything like that, you'll have to lug it all along yourself. We also don't have an RB2 guitar, so if you're not happy with my lag setup and want it to perform its auto-synching magic, have someone bring one of those along, too.

Other Items of Note:
- We have cats. If you are allergic, take countermeasures accordingly.
- There's no hard and fast age limit, though kindly be aware that (a) there will assuredly be booze and (b) if your parents don't want you associating with booze-toting and/or Internet-derived individuals... well, we're going to respect their wishes on that front.
- If we spend more than three minutes arguing about the lag this time, so help me god, I am throwing someone off the balcony.

OK, that should cover all the basics, anyhow. If you have any questions, comments, or burning desires to RSVP, now would be an excellent time to pipe up! Mr. Green

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I'm SO looking forward to the lack of heatstroke this time.

I know I mentioned bringing my Ions at one point, but unfortunately they're having structural issues at the moment. They're functional for now, but I fear they may get worse in the next month, to the point where I will need to replace some parts to get them transport-worthy and in working order. So, we'll see...

But anyway, yeah, count me in.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw someone off the balcony of your...one story apartment? Unless you guys moved last year, I would imagine that wouldn't really hurt too much.

I always seem to have a hard time hanging out on Fridays and Saturdays because of a bitchy work schedule that only has me working on those days, but I do appreciate you guys booking the get-together the weekend of the start of my Spring Break. I'll see if I can get it off for you guys. I'm still quite sad that I couldn't make the last one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I

am

there.

yay!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hitoshura: Hey, if your Ions are still in good enough shape, they're totally sweet for beating-on purposes. But hell, I consider it hassle enough to move the stupid little stock kit, much less an epic-grade rig like yours. So if it ain't in a travel-worthy state at month's end, I emphatically understand.

@HylianHero: Heh - we're still in the same apartment. So no, tossing someone over the balcony isn't a fatal action so much as it is a useful deterrent. But anyhow: yes, we missed you at the last gathering - hope your schedule can be wrangled with so you can c'mon out this time 'round!

@pmswedge: Yay!

smock514  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, youhas. You almost certainly don't know me at all, but I do live in Northern California and I do love me some Rock Band, so this event does seem rather up my alley. If you're sure that you don't mind entirely random people off the streets (and by streets I mean Scorehero forums) showing up at your house, I'd definitely like to stop by. Might not be able to spend too much time, because that weekend is right around the Semis & Finals for the NCAA Tournament, and it's kinda my job to pay attention to that sort of thing, but any small amount of time during which I can meet more local plastic instrument junkies is fine by me.

Wedge can vouch for the fact that I'm a perfectly normal and agreeable person who will not ruin your house. Hi Wedge!
youhas  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, totally spaced on the very existence of the NCAA Tournament entirely. I AM A LOGISTICAL MASTER

But anyway: hey, smock514. Sure, you're totally welcome to c'mon over and be part of The Rock Experience if you're so inclined. The more, the merrier, generally speaking! I'll make sure to PM along all the boring "specific location of the apartment / where to park" theatrics in the reasonably near future....

Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... crap... unless there is another random tournament that will fly me out to California like last year, I don't think I'll make this one. ;)

Last time was an absolute blast. Anyone that gets the chance to go, should.

Hope you have fun, Youhas
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
SeanDread  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woot. I will most definitely make my way down there again.

*Does tribal dance to fend off another concurrent heat wave*
-24 Million (23.6)

WT GOALS:
Make myself play it.
youhas  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Vertiggo: Ha - well, yeah, can't have the blind fortuity of having the scheduling deities in my corner all the time, I suppose. But thanks for the well wishes, and here's to hoping that this time's affair goes similarly smashingly!

@SeanDread: Awesome, yo. Look forward to seeing you again! Hopefully in slightly less hectic capacities than last time!

FWIW, though he hasn't replied in-thread or anything, BreakManX and his girlfriend ought to be there. FlannelJacket gave the impression that he'd try to show up, but I haven't heard back from him since then. Still waiting to hear back from others, like MajorGeek and the like. Here concludes the "RSVPing on behalf of others" portion of this post.

FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be able to make it if MajorGeek is going, since I've got the money for the bus and the bus schedule to get to his place <_<

So I'm pretty much going to have to stalk this thread for a while until he replies in here. (Or just PM him, either could work >_>)

EDIT: It seems he's going, so unless suddenly the bus station explodes or something like that, I'm gonna be there as well

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U

Last edited by FlannelJacket on Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

I was in San Fran just this week! Wish I could make it out...

An airport in Santa Clara, you say?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
youhas  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@FlannelJacket: Good to hear about MajorGeek - has posted here and XBOX messaged, but not heard a damn thing back one way or the other. Will accept that RSVP-by-proxy as Good Enough, quietly celebrate, and root against the explosion of bus stations accordingly.

@Deschain: Dude, San Jose International Airport (SJC) is just down the road. (I could probably walk there from here, were I a little less lazy.) We're eminently within striking distance. Jooooooin uuuuuuusss.... Mr. Green

TheGreatVoE  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to register a new account cause i'm banned from the forums. seandread didn't seem to remember i'm coming too. That's right VoidOfEnigmas the guy who was probably the worst guitar player last time. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS breakmanx gonna have to have another party and deschain you need to get the fudge out there. Wedge will be fun seeing you again :P Lets get ecstasy too battle of the asians haha jk lol
Deschain  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatVoE wrote:
Had to register a new account cause i'm banned from the forums.

pssst!
Probably not the best idea to call attention to that fact.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: