ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I fixed my strum bar!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PTHROX  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: I fixed my strum bar!! Reply with quote

OLD WAY!!

I just fixed my strum bar. It was to the point where it would only work my 10 to 20% of the time when I pressed it down. Here is what I did I opened up my guitar and fooled around with it for a bit. I then took off the screws to the main board(above the strum bar) and notices how the strum bar works. IT is a little bar and it lets the strum bar move up and down so what i did was put a small piece of duct tape and wrapped it around both ends. You may call me a redneck but its better than paying $40 for a new guitar. I guess the saying duct tape fixes everything is true.

NEW WAY!!

Okay so I know its only been a day or two but there is a much easier way to do this. When you take apart your guitar you will notice that the main board sits right under a hole in the other side of the guitar find something that is small enough to add pressure to the board but enough to close and screw the guitar back. I used a little piece of plastic but you can use a little piece of metal or whatever you want just as long as it adds pressure. After you add the piece seal your guitar back up and BAM! You should have a fully functional guitar again. I will be posting pictures soon.

Last edited by PTHROX on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
flameINSANE  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get what was wrong. Was the button inside not being pushed down all the way?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just didnt want to click or something and the tape put it closer to the plastic pieces. It also makes the clicky noise ALOT quieter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: