ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Metallica Demo Available Now!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrindingMystic wrote:
dam nothing 4 the wii users as always

Uhh...seriously? Always? Stop acting as if Wii users get the dark end of the stick.

Anyways, this demo made my mind up. I'm getting this game. I'm mainly a vocalist, and I was irked at GH:WT's vocal system. It was "impossible" to get 100% on a non-talky song.

Vocals were a blast on this demo. The hardest song by far was Stone Cold Crazy, but I couldn't stop playing it. I was disappointed thought that their was no hyperspeed option on the demo, but I guess I'll just have to wait until March 28th. (?)

Keep up the great work Neversoft. Possible Metallica/Metallica covered songs for DLC in the future?
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes-BasSMaNiac07 wrote:
GrindingMystic wrote:
dam nothing 4 the wii users as always

Uhh...seriously? Always? Stop acting as if Wii users get the dark end of the stick.

Well technically those who bought the Wii expecting a full next gen experience have a reason to feel they got the dark end of the stick because they have a vastly inferior online experience compared to 360.

But this thread is about the demo not whining.
And the demo looks sick as hell.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only 4 songs?
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question - as far as score tracking goes, can I use pictures of scores I achieved on the demo when the actual game comes out?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh I need to try this tomorrow.
Hopefully my half-broken xbox doesn't overheat or do some random crap to stop the download

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a couple questions about this demo, sorry if these have already been brought up before.

First off, what are these songs like on vocals? Is Stone Cold Crazy insane hard, and what song would you compare it to in terms of diffficulty? Is it as hard as something like Demolition Man or One Way or Another?

And the other thing that just strikes me as kinda odd... It's a GH Metallica game, but the hardest song in the game, apparently, is not by Metallica. What's up with that?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again...good thing I sold my wii and got a 360...I think I'm going to be saying that a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amanwithapencil wrote:

First off, what are these songs like on vocals? Is Stone Cold Crazy insane hard, and what song would you compare it to in terms of diffficulty? Is it as hard as something like Demolition Man or One Way or Another?

Imagine "They're Red Hot" but in GH Vocals except there's only 3 talkies.
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Amanwithapencil wrote:

Imagine "They're Red Hot" but in GH Vocals except there's only 3 talkies.

I don't have Rock Band, so I dunno what that song's like. I just heard it was really fast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Why I can't play Reply with quote

Too bad my guitar is broken. I would actually go download it. I can't play those drums though. INSANE!
KyleKorver  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there's not gonna be a PS3 demo? Never?

EDIT: Ok ok....so people are saying "don't complain about not gettng it, your online service is free"....uhum....yeah...but...do i have a frakking choice?

Give me a paid demo, and then i'll say that's fair, but no demo at all..It's NOT. End of story.

(The only reason i'm pissed off by this is because i want to test my PS2 guitars on the PS3 before buying any guitar games, so i thought i could try this demo, but no, i can't....but hey, your online is free!! .... )

jeffo2448 wrote:
Van Halen - .... umm... he's having a WHOLE game devoted to him
ford2112  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very great demo...seek and destroy is definately my favorite for expert guitar and i really wish i had drums to play. Cant wait for the game to be released
BigTuna80  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with the demo is there's no way to set LCD lag, so although I could make it through a few songs, I missed notes that I know I was easily hitting, I deleted the demo after playing it the first time and am just waiting for the full version.
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played through the demo about a half hour ago.

Very impressive.

One thing annoyed the hell out of me:
Why the hell is the second to last note of Stone Cold Crazy its own slide section? It's one note. Making it a hammer-on would be exactly the same, as there's no way that someone would want to use the slide bar on that one note.

Other than that, though, the charts looked great (surprised at the lack of slide section in S&D). No Excuses was fun; no problems with the notes over sustains.

Also: 5 starred everything except Stone Cold Crazy (strumming sections = failure without lag calibration).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right im nt being ungrateful or anything but if the demo is coming out in like 5days then why get the demo(if it costs or not) because it will save you money when it comes out rather than buying the demo :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: