ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Metallica Demo Available Now!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you're playing a song press START and then go to options. Calibrate is there

also the slide section at the end of Stone Cold Crazy makes sense to me because it sounds like a harmonic >_>
donovan3995  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: seriously Reply with quote

Trogdon wrote:
Wes-BasSMaNiac07 wrote:
GrindingMystic wrote:
dam nothing 4 the wii users as always

Uhh...seriously? Always? Stop acting as if Wii users get the dark end of the stick.

Well technically those who bought the Wii expecting a full next gen experience have a reason to feel they got the dark end of the stick because they have a vastly inferior online experience compared to 360.

But this thread is about the demo not whining.
And the demo looks sick as hell.

People looking for the most advanced and next generation system got a ps3 obviously. 360 has just been out longer to get that hand on games and sales before sony's 3rd step in the system wars. Ps3 online is so much easier to understand and sign on to anyhow. ps3 have the probably the best durability other than the wii i think. but that's beside the point of the topic: PSN demo?!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: donovan3995
MasterAce  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already had my mind made up about buying the game (yes, I am going to buy it), but this demo just reinforced my purchase.

The new vocals system is great. Less purple notes is great (you know, based on what was shown in the demo >_>). Metallica's mo-cap is great, love the bass spin in Seek and Destroy The ST. ANGER FIST for the "You Rock" screen is great. Stone Cold Crazy is great. The little jiggle the Rock Meter gives when it falls a level is great. The multiplier glowing just a little bit more is great (srsly, it helps).

My only real nitpicks (as a grumpy old man I have to do this, sorry) are that the gray notes blend into the Metallica fretboard too well and Pandora's Peggy Bundy outfit is pretty terrible.
But I'm still buying the crap out of this game.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
sn1per666  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No demo on PSN? Thanks alot Neversoft I just saved $60.
GesterX  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well overall I'm pretty happy with this.

The only thing is the Band Graphics behind the notechart still aren't very good. I think it's the cameras. I only occasionally glance up to have a look but I still think the on stage prescence of the RB games still beats this by a million times.

The star counter thing is useful but shamelessly robbed from RB.

The slidey sections are still there and I don't mind as long as we don't get some kind of Satch Boogie monstrosity or we can turn it off.

The charts are fun but I hope that there are a good deal of shorter charts in the game because MOST Metallica songs as far as rhythm games go are:
Riff 1
Chorous
Riff1
Chorous
Riff 2
Solo
Riff 1/2
End

And that all lasts for 8 minutes and tbh is a little bit boring after a few plays through. (And I'm a big metallica fan)

The Menu's are good though. I can actually read the fonts this time. Wish they put HS in the demo though. And even though it isn't going to happen I wish they would copy RB and take it out of the cheats section so I can just turn it on when I play at a friends house rather than having to explain why I'm going into cheats and why HS is NOT a cheat.

And please people stop complaining about getting the demo not being on PSN. At least you get the full game in a week. In the UK we have to wait until May 5th!!!!!!
XxbluedevilzxX  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyperspeed pl0x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:

And please people stop complaining about getting the demo not being on PSN. At least you get the full game in a week. In the UK we have to wait until May 5th!!!!!!

LOL

What if i have a PS3 and i live in Spain?

Don't get the demo + Get the game late = i'm gonna buy something else

jeffo2448 wrote:
Van Halen - .... umm... he's having a WHOLE game devoted to him
Kane40  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:

I think it's May 29th. And PS3 games are region free... the xbox version too

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
mach1  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have an Xbox Live Gold account and still want to download the demo, just select an xbox profile not linked to a Live account, and "Join Live" on the Manage Account section on your Xbox. When you create your account, select Silver account. After you create your account, you will be informed that you are eligible for 1 month free Gold trial membership. Just accept the offer and then you will be able to download the demo.
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This demo is the greatest demo of all time. Thank you so much Neversoft! I can't wait for this game.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the people complaining about the demo not being on PSN, it is because it would cost Activision money, unless you paid to download the demo. (I think it is something like 15 cents per download or something close if Activision puts it on there for free.) Sony charges for demo space on the PSN. Xbox Live users pay for their service already. It doesn't cost Activision a dime to put it on there because Microsoft doesn't charge a fee.
fraankpach  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNA ANY1 DESCRIBE THE HOPOS PLZ :P?
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fraankpach wrote:
CNA ANY1 DESCRIBE THE HOPOS PLZ :P?

They work just like how they worked in World Tour and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSN has been updated, still no demo release. With the full Ten album not being available on the UK PSN store and the GH:M demo not being available for both UK and US players, this week's possible song count has reached a merry 0/15.

Well done, guys. Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be an ISO file available for download, for those NOT able to access Xbox Live?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: