Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
newuser1234: whammy issues
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: newuser1234: whammy issues Reply with quote

holiday in cambodia 1st place league video

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

miss murder 1st place

1000th post:

bump for 49 1sts on gh3 hard and my 1000th post.

since i'm never going to get to 2000 posts, i might as well pretend this is my freebird post. i want to hopefully get to 55 1st place scores and then i'll probably be done with gh3. i just wish i had the motivation and skill to FC ttfaf so I could be first overall.

i don't really have a long story like most people do--i lurked for a while and then finally joined and uploaded some crappy scores. i trolled some streams and finally learned to squeeze on gh3 and there was no turning back. my only real goal was to be known as the best at gh3 squeezing (on hard obviously) so i may have achieved that. it sucks that the community is pretty much dead but all good things must come to an end and we've been here for a lot longer than i thought. to finish, i'm just going to list my favorite people on the site (in no order):

davers, dave0113, conlan22, elscarecrow, fug, arvain, lemon, ba142, alexhaz, bushidox, chrisss, llamayip, eddaket, balrog

i probably talked to you guys the most/replied in your threads/used your scores for motivation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anarchy in the UK first place video

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
doing stuff for the gh3h rivalry that nobody else is in

[/img]

Last edited by newuser1234 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:07 pm; edited 82 times in total
scurty  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I only had first place on that song for a few hours, lol. Same thing happened with Minus Celcius, BA took that in a few hours as well. Great job with the score!

You have some really nice Hard scores, I'm sure you would fit in just fine on medium, you'd probably be able to challenge chemma, Lemon, and BA (when he starts putting more scores in) near the top. Let us know what your future plans are!
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scurty wrote:
Oh man, I only had first place on that song for a few hours, lol. Same thing happened with Minus Celcius, BA took that in a few hours as well. Great job with the score!

You have some really nice Hard scores, I'm sure you would fit in just fine on medium, you'd probably be able to challenge chemma, Lemon, and BA (when he starts putting more scores in) near the top. Let us know what your future plans are!

lol sorry about that but your post inspired me to get 1st on it . Also, you were right about the extra 200 in In the Belly of a Shark....I had first place on it and then choked at the end. As for my goals hopefully I'll get some lucky runs and finish up my hard FCs and then maybe work on medium?
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for new mediums firsts!
scurty  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on Ruby, every time I get a really good front end activation, I'm always scared of strumming too early for the backend so I always lose ticks, you seem to be really good at tick squeezing, keep it up!
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for rock and roll all nite and metal heavy lady firsts!
scurty  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
Also, you were right about the extra 200 in In the Belly of a Shark....I had first place on it and then choked at the end.?

I'm still -200 in that song when I got the extra squeeze, you should go back and take my first, lol.

Tying or beating BA is not easy, nice job! Did you get ticks on the last activation of RaRaN? I always do but people say they can't even get the squeeze, nevermind ticks, I dunno.
GenericName  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone squeezing anything on any difficulty amazes me... getting the FC while still squeezing would be impossible for me... Either I'd get the squeeze then mess up or mess up the squeeze and lose the FC... I wouldn't be able to FC something and squeeze is all I'm saying.

Very impressive.

newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scurty wrote:
newuser1234 wrote:
Also, you were right about the extra 200 in In the Belly of a Shark....I had first place on it and then choked at the end.?

I'm still -200 in that song when I got the extra squeeze, you should go back and take my first, lol.

Tying or beating BA is not easy, nice job! Did you get ticks on the last activation of RaRaN? I always do but people say they can't even get the squeeze, nevermind ticks, I dunno.

I'm not sure if I got ticks on the last activation but I hit it just about every time.

GenericName wrote:

Anyone squeezing anything on any difficulty amazes me... getting the FC while still squeezing would be impossible for me... Either I'd get the squeeze then mess up or mess up the squeeze and lose the FC... I wouldn't be able to FC something and squeeze is all I'm saying.

Very impressive.

squeezing comes with practice...you're obviously good enough being a GH1 guitar god

BA142  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice bro, those are some pretty good scores
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BUB142
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA142 wrote:

Surprisingly I got the RaRAN score on my first try but not have been able to match it. I tried that extra 400 you told me about but it's way out of my league. Do you think there are any more ticks on either of those 2 songs?
BA142  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
BA142 wrote:

Surprisingly I got the RaRAN score on my first try but not have been able to match it. I tried that extra 400 you told me about but it's way out of my league. Do you think there are any more ticks on either of those 2 songs?

Tons left on both songs lol
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BUB142
scurty  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, when going for ItBoaS Med, the whammying for the last activation, try only hitting the whammy bar once for the short notes instead of trying to whammy everything hard. That's what I did and I only just barely missed 200 on the last activation (and got the extra 200 from the 2nd activation, so I got close to the upperbound score). Try it out, it's really fun to squeeze, such a short song that isn't too boring (always wary of ticks).
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA142 wrote:
newuser1234 wrote:
BA142 wrote:

Tons left on both songs lol

lol well I think I maxed out on MHL but who knows

scurty wrote:
Hey, when going for ItBoaS Med, the whammying for the last activation, try only hitting the whammy bar once for the short notes instead of trying to whammy everything hard. That's what I did and I only just barely missed 200 on the last activation (and got the extra 200 from the 2nd activation, so I got close to the upperbound score). Try it out, it's really fun to squeeze, such a short song that isn't too boring (always wary of ticks).

I'll try that...I just need to alt strum the yellows and quickly double strum to hit the last squeeze
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! A first place in GH3 Hard or Expert is an amazing accomplishment. There are some crazy sqeezers here. Nicely done.

btw. Your avatar = win

3926 0220 0199 1364
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: