ProfileProfile Log inLog in
newuser1234: whammy issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjay  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannernieland11 wrote:
bushidox wrote:
This might become interesting. Looks like Suhdude024 picked up a copy of GH3 for the 360 and started entering scores.
newuser is the best gh3 hard squeezer by far. Theres no competition with him lul

All about to change
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sjay wrote:
tannernieland11 wrote:
bushidox wrote:
This might become interesting. Looks like Suhdude024 picked up a copy of GH3 for the 360 and started entering scores.
newuser is the best gh3 hard squeezer by far. Theres no competition with him lul

All about to change

i'm all about that competition . tanner forced me to come back and redo a bunch of scores so i'm grateful for that. i'll probably be back next week and take a shot at knights of cydonia and raining blood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever hit the extra 400 in Rock and Roll All Nite? Was just working on it last night and gave it a go a few times. Felt pretty close but I'm not 100% sure. If it's not possible I have to reverse tick that activation....

I forgot how much fun gh3 is Go get first on KoC, I know you can!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
Have you ever hit the extra 400 in Rock and Roll All Nite? Was just working on it last night and gave it a go a few times. Felt pretty close but I'm not 100% sure. If it's not possible I have to reverse tick that activation....

Unless you can get 100% Full bar on that it's impossible because the bpm is extremely low.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannernieland11 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:

Unless you can get 100% Full bar on that it's impossible because the bpm is extremely low.

You easily have full bar by then, so it should be possible. Well, ignoring BPM stuff (which is to your benefit here) you can get 15.4 beats of whammy, whereas you need 15.

newuser1234  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
tannernieland11 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:

You easily have full bar by then, so it should be possible. Well, ignoring BPM stuff (which is to your benefit here) you can get 15.4 beats of whammy, whereas you need 15.

definitely possible. it's a double at 144 bpm so we're at the end of what's possible. i think dave calculated that the lowest is 139 where a double is still possible?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
ThunderShade wrote:
tannernieland11 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:

lowest is around 135 bpm 8th notes ive hit koc double on medium 135 bpm but never hit before i forget double at 135

definitely possible. it's a double at 144 bpm so we're at the end of what's possible. i think dave calculated that the lowest is 139 where a double is still possible?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore that ^ ive also hit 135ish double on 1st act of sleeping giant x. The other ones though i couldnt get for some reason. On pc ive hit one at 133 bpm but thats a little different.

ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you assume constant BPM and that the timing window is exactly 116/100 then the limit would be 138.88888... bpm. I wouldn't be surprised that a bit better is possible because the game isn't perfect. Taking the slowhero bpms as perfect, the Sleeping Giant first act double is 4.5 extra milliseconds or so. At this level though there's the issue that the slowhero bpms are imperfect (for one, they're not going to be integers, and two, to faithfully represent how GH3 handles things you'd need a bpm change every beat which would be awful to print). If you're on about BiF 2nd act then that's 133 bpm or so, so of course that's more likely to be impossible.

tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
If you assume constant BPM and that the timing window is exactly 116/100 then the limit would be 138.88888... bpm. I wouldn't be surprised that a bit better is possible because the game isn't perfect. Taking the slowhero bpms as perfect, the Sleeping Giant first act double is 4.5 extra milliseconds or so. At this level though there's the issue that the slowhero bpms are imperfect (for one, they're not going to be integers, and two, to faithfully represent how GH3 handles things you'd need a bpm change every beat which would be awful to print). If you're on about BiF 2nd act then that's 133 bpm or so, so of course that's more likely to be impossible.
. I was doing bif without whammy. The bpm varies in that song. I just cant hit one in that song only when bpm gets faster near the last chorus around 140-150

suhdude024  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first squeeze in Go That Far is super awkward for me, great job hitting that :drool:

Do you tilt for that activation? Like holding the tilt before the SP phrase is done and then hitting the green before the yellow HOPO super late?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="suhdude024"]The first squeeze in Go That Far is super awkward for me, great job hitting that :drool:

Do you tilt for that activation? Like holding the tilt before the SP phrase is done and then hitting the green before the yellow HOPO super late?[/quote

I've hit it 3 times before I got that score. My ticking act was so bad as I've gotten x72 many times before. But I just used select and hope I got lucky lul

suhdude024  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannernieland11 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:
The first squeeze in Go That Far is super awkward for me, great job hitting that :drool:

Do you tilt for that activation? Like holding the tilt before the SP phrase is done and then hitting the green before the yellow HOPO super late?

I've hit it 3 times before I got that score. My ticking act was so bad as I've gotten x72 many times before. But I just used select and hope I got lucky lul

Thanks for the reply. Was kind of asking Newuser for his method, but I didn't see that you had hit the squeeze as well.

HOPO squeezes can go die. That's why I <3 GH1

Hoping to see some sick scores from you soon, Newuser :D

edit: since you're both here (tanner and newuser) do you guys ever squeeze on HD tv's with lag? I was reading a post from bj0rn yesterday and he mentioned something about getting extra ticks in GH3 playing like that. I've always hated playing GH on HD tv's but I might give it a try to test the theory.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
tannernieland11 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Was kind of asking Newuser for his method, but I didn't see that you had hit the squeeze as well.

HOPO squeezes can go die. That's why I <3 GH1

Hoping to see some sick scores from you soon, Newuser :D

edit: since you're both here (tanner and newuser) do you guys ever squeeze on HD tv's with lag? I was reading a post from bj0rn yesterday and he mentioned something about getting extra ticks in GH3 playing like that. I've always hated playing GH on HD tv's but I might give it a try to test the theory.
yes i play gh3 on hd tv with 10 ms lag. On schools out expert you can get ticks on last act with high lag settings which ive done

UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also tried playing and doing a bit of squeezing on HDTV's (my dad's hdtv has 10msish lag) and I can get some pretty good front ends/back ends that way.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: