ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Pixies, Motorhead, Silversun Pickups, Steely Dan and Nirvana
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dom555  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more steely dan.... wheres REELIN IN THE YEARS!?!?!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Interpol Pack

Uh shiftbreaker, you have no idea how happy I was. Someone else that likes interpol here?

Really, even an Alternative pack with Franz, Interpol, and some other good alt band like the strokes or so would make me happy...I have all of Franz and Interpol's studio albums on my ipod, and Take Me Out and Obstacle 1 are clearly not enough. (Well, we have PDA In RB2...)

We got a RA Pack, now then, just Thin Lizzy, AiC, Pearl Jam, Interpol, Franz, Megadeth, and QotSA (Or something like the 'Travis Barker' Pack with possibly Eagles of Death Metal, QotSA, and Kyuss) would make it perfect for me...So much good stuff from these games at once...Now onto the week itself;

And this is a great month...I'll get bodhistivva (spelled it wrong, w/e) for sure since that was one of my main reasons to get RB2, but now I can continue using my friend's house.

And If anyone will say anything about bodhistivvia, It'll be hard either way.

The other songs? I'm not much of a fan of most bands, but I shall defiantly take a listen, and motorhead in RB2/WT Was fun to play, so I'll def have to check out those charts (Hey, It's close to metal...Right?)

And I suspect that Heart-Shaped Box will be in GH:GH Now with TWO Nirvana packs, all the RB Licensing of them as well, and About A Girl in WT.

And I was gonna buy the first nirvana pack but now I'll just get a sliver code and see the other 5 best songs and get some...

So, not quite much I suspect I'll spend this month on DLC, but this month looks like a good month, and I wonder what mystery week will be...

Edit: And yes, the RB Repeats are annoying, but at least not all of them in the pack were, and It's good If you already have them to save cash

Last edited by Thirdkoopa on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
1ofakind  

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we actually got some metal this month. HELLYEAH MOTORHEAD!

And it's not Ace of Spades!

lol Bodhisattva Sliversun Pickups and Nirvana.... straight from the hit game Rock Band!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at that release list again, I've just realised no DLC is planned for April 9th. Another surprise week perhaps?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG these songs are on RB2 lulz ns fail it's not like British Wii and PS3 owners don't have access to RB2 yet amirite?

Seriously guys, I know it's kind of a "waste of a DLC slot" for the month, but if you have the songs already, don't buy them. If you don't, judge the charts for both games and pick which you prefer, or just buy both, whatever you like.

I'll probably check out some of these, Motorhead will have to make a serious impression before I consider downloading. All their songs that I've heard sound pretty similar: Overkill sounds like Ace of Spades which sounds like The Hammer. I think they're overated as well, which normaly causes me to dislike things somewhat (just like the Irish).

I likes Lazy Eye by SSPU, so I'll try to check out what their other songs are like. I also want "Smells Like Teen Spirit", I know it's overplayed to hell and back, but it just never seems to lose its impact. Anyway, grunge is a sort of guilty pleasure with me.

Please remember all this is my LOLpinion, if you disagree and want to chat/ tell me some songs I might like/ abuse me, feel free to PM me. Remember my musical opinion is pretty unimportant to anybody else. Also, me saying all MH songs sound the same is kinda ironic, I listen to Dragonforce for goodness sake!

Some say he came back just to fix the "5-Note Chord" banner in his sig...
[23:01] <DanSoup> Did you know, girls masturbate as often as men
[23:01] <DanSoup> they just lie about it normaly
[23:01] <SillyScape> no-one mastrubates as much as me
Ad134  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smells Like Teen Spirit will never be in a Guitar Hero/Rock Band game. Mark my words. I will cut my own head off with a chainsaw if such a thing happens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG, NS has outdone themselves. I almost thought NS would never have hope to realize what good DLC even means. I was afraid we'd have motnhs to come of abysmal shit and NS should stop making DLC completely, but then this DLC was announced.

OMG. I actually must seriously congratulate NS.

1. We finally have METAL in GH:WT as DLC. Wow, I'm still shocked that actually hapeened. And Motorhead is really good too.

2. Bodhisatva means a hard song as DLC and it's classic rock too (I never thought NS would do that ever). I hope they chart the end right and the chord-fest omgwtf fastpicking part better be chords.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Teh48Finn  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silversun = win
I thought Post-Grunge was a way to describe all the shitty bands that came out after Nirvana?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: CA Finn
TylerTheGHBoy  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Pixies, Motorhead, Silversun Pickups, Steely Dan and Nir Reply with quote

PaulRobinson wrote:
Gamers will be able to get an exclusive taste of Silversun Pickups' new music before their release of their second album, Swoon, on April 14 with "Well Thought Out Twinkles"

Oh my god!!!!! My dream come true!!!! Now I must wait eagarly for Anna Molly to come out as DLC.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad134 wrote:
Smells Like Teen Spirit will never be in a Guitar Hero/Rock Band game. Mark my words. I will cut my own head off with a chainsaw if such a thing happens.

Well why not? If so, at least put in Come As You Are, that has the coolest riff I've ever heard. All Apologies and The Man Who Sold the World are also great songs.
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:

Ten, I'm sorry, I may have to give you up. I like the songs, but I need to save the money. This is Steely Dan. All we need now is a Boston/Rush/Megadeth/Nine Inch Nails/Aerosmith/Interpol Pack to go with it and creamage is totally available.

Check
Check
Check
Check
Check
Check

Check your pants.

The Heinrich Maneuver comes to Rawk Banned soon.

I can't stand WT getting such good DLC, since I don't have it D: Seriously, so many good songs are for DLC.
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BODHISATVAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GH!!!!! FAILURE EXPECTED!!!!

This seriously gets me really pumped up. But really. More Nirvana, no freaking Teen Spirit? COME ON!
Mallrat  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the idea of them using Nirvana's deeper cuts. I never heard of Negative Creep before WT, and now that's by far my favorite Nirvana song.
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
OMFG, NS has outdone themselves. I almost thought NS would never have hope to realize what good DLC even means. I was afraid we'd have motnhs to come of abysmal shit and NS should stop making DLC completely, but then this DLC was announced.

OMG. I actually must seriously congratulate NS.

1. We finally have METAL in GH:WT as DLC. Wow, I'm still shocked that actually hapeened. And Motorhead is really good too.

2. Bodhisatva means a hard song as DLC and it's classic rock too (I never thought NS would do that ever). I hope they chart the end right and the chord-fest omgwtf fastpicking part better be chords.

Wait what? You don't think any of NS's previous DLC was good? Not even Hendrix or Queen...?

And you didn't think NS would release hard dlc or classic rock dlc? because I can assure you, classic rock is quite well represented.

Also, for the dense

BODHISATTVA'S INFAMOUS "28 NPS" BRE CHART IS A BLATANT OVERCHART, WE WILL NOT SEE STRUMMING THAT FAST IN THE GUITAR HERO DLC VERSION. It'll still be FAST strumming, but not 28 fucking NPS.

that is all.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dom555 wrote:
more steely dan.... wheres REELIN IN THE YEARS!?!?!

I agree. Dammit, HMX, give us that song plox since Neversoft doesn't know what epic songs really are.

And god only knows what they're going to do to that ending. If they make the chordy part in the fast picking chords you have to strum, that's going to suck.

And I just noticed we're getting Well Thought Out Twinkles again...what's gonna happen with that strumming? Will it be the same thing in RB with no strum limit? Haha...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: