ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Pixies, Motorhead, Silversun Pickups, Steely Dan and Nirvana
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulRobinson  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Pixies, Motorhead, Silversun Pickups, Steely Dan and Nirvana Reply with quote

Guitar Hero's(R) Catalog to Keep on Rockin' With New Music From the Pixies, Motorhead, Silversun Pickups, Steely Dan and Nirvana

Two Brand-New Silversun Pickups Tracks to Debut Exclusively in Guitar Hero® World Tour

Fifteen New Songs in April Add to the Massive Guitar Hero World Tour Set List

SANTA MONICA, Calif., March 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- In April, gamers will have no shortage of new songs to rock out to on Activision Publishing, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI - News) Guitar Hero® World Tour with downloadable music from five distinctive rock bands. The Pixies make their Guitar Hero® debut; returning veterans Silversun Pickups will release two brand-new songs off their sophomore album, prior to its release; Nirvana returns for a downloadable encore with three additional hits; while Motorhead and Steely Dan, each with singles featured on Guitar Hero World Tour's on-disc set list, make a resounding return.

On April 2nd, fans will be introduced to The Pixies' alternative rock music for the first time ever in a Guitar Hero game. Virtual musicians will experience two singles from The Pixies' second album, Doolittle, with "Debaser" and the highly successful "Monkey Gone to Heaven," along with "The Sad Punk" from Trompe le Monde, their fourth and final full-length studio album.

Gamers will be able to get an exclusive taste of Silversun Pickups' new music before their release of their second album, Swoon, on April 14 with "Panic Switch" and "It's Nice to Know You Work Alone." "Well Thought Out Twinkles" from their breakthrough album, Carnavas, will round out the Track Pack, available on April 9th.

Returning to Guitar Hero World Tour on April 16th is the popular rock band from the 70's, Steely Dan. This time around, the band will contribute one single each from three of their albums - "Black Friday" from Katy Lied, "Kid Charlemagne" from The Royal Scam and "Bodhisattva" from Countdown to Ecstasy.

For download on April 23rd, British hard rock band, Motorhead, re-recorded new versions of "Jailbait," "Love Me Like a Reptile," and "Iron Fist" for Guitar Hero World Tour.

With their second downloadable Track Pack, Kurt Cobain, Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl of Nirvana will be returning to Guitar Hero World Tour on April 30th with "Very Ape" from In Utero, "Sappy" from the No Alternative compilation and "Stay Away" from their breakthrough, first major label album, Nevermind.

The Track Packs will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 440 Microsoft Points and on the PlayStation®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system for $5.49. All songs in the Track Packs will be released as downloadable singles for Xbox 360 for 160 Microsoft Points, PLAYSTATION 3 system for $1.99 and Wii(TM) for 200 Wii Points each.

Guitar Hero World Tour transforms music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero's signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless controllers with new revolutionary online* and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player "Battle of the Bands," which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online. The game features a slick newly redesigned guitar controller, drum kit controller and a wired microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock 'n' roll anthems. Music creators are also able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunes(SM) where other gamers can download and play an endless supply of unique creations.

Guitar Hero World Tour is now available for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, the Wii home video game system from Nintendo and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The game is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit worldtour.guitarhero.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard's success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company's ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated, and the other factors identified in Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

*Online gameplay is only available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii(TM) and may require an additional subscription.

Guitar Hero World Tour © 2009 Activision Publishing, Inc. Guitar Hero, Activision and RedOctane are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

"PlayStation," "PLAYSTATION" and "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Used with Permission. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo.
dusanmandic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow good choice of DLC... there are a couple songs on there that i dont know about but a lot of 'em i likey...

But as i usually say... too bad i cant get the DLC cuz i'm on PS2... come Neversoft... you can make a Separate disc.. just like *coughs* company did...

lol jk...

Again nice DLC... cant wait to see vids on them.

Zomg an in AFTER Lock!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Phyrexius Zero PSN Name: dusanmandic2112 ICQ Number
BShea  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as good of a month as March with Hendrix and Queen, but I might pick up the Steely Dan pack and possibly Motorhead depending on the charts. A little confused about the Nirvana choices though...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am excited to play Bodhisattvas ending. Some great songs though.

Last edited by cobainage1994 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
titans77  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so...many...rock band...repeats

debaser, well thought out twinkles, and bodhisattva

way to keep it original lol
Kiyrugoji in response to the heroin hero t-shirt dilema wrote:
Maybe it's not what we all think... maybe he just wants a Pepsi.
just one pepsi.
and she wouldn't give it to him
trenty4  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Eh Reply with quote

Okay choice of songs, but they can definately have more metal songs. I think they should add some Three Days Grace into the game.
tooPrime  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah Steely Dan. Great DLC overall.
bl1i8n2k  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silversun Pickups, Nirvana, And Steely Dan? What A Great Idea. Rock On!!!

OBTAINED STATUS ON 11/12/09 AT 9:20 P.M. CT!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: E Ten Pooh Wii Friend Code: 2265615260693457
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steely Dan? Uh, Hell yes. My Birthday at the end of the month, so I'll definitely have that.

Steely Dan & Silversun Pickups on the same week. The 9th is our missing week.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted Kid Charlemagne in Rock Band.
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, if the end of Bodhisattva is charted like RB2's, and no BRE to cover it up...
SoulkeeperX  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, seriously, there's been 2 whole Nirvana DLC's on GH:WT, and not ONE of them included Smells Like Teen Spirit. What the hell Activision? I hate when Rock Band/Guitar Hero has good bands but not their best songs.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always nice to see the Pixies represented and shown to a new audience, though finance dictates that I'll only think about getting the one that's not already in Rock Band.

Bit of a missed opportunity, I feel, since neither game has 'Where Is My Mind?', yet repeats still seemed like a good idea. *shrug*

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, nice ! will defenetly get em all

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Always nice to see the Pixies represented and shown to a new audience, though finance dictates that I'll only think about getting the one that's not already in Rock Band.

You know, when I first read the highlighted text I thought that it said fiancee dictates that I'll only think about getting the one that's not already in Rock Band.

WOMEN DICTATING DLC PURCHASES FTW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: