Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero Confirmed, Teaser Site Launched
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
creatchy  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: DJ Hero Confirmed, Teaser Site Launched Reply with quote

Not sure if it goes here, but it's always possible that the DJ peripheral could cross-talk with our game of choice.

SOURCE: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6206576.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;4

ARTICLE:
DJ Hero confirmed for Wii, 360, 'PlayStation'
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot Posted Mar 23, 2009 3:41 pm PT Launch of teaser site confirms turntablist Guitar Hero spin-off will come to Microsoft console and at least one of Sony's platforms; Nintendo edition reconfirmed.

As part of its record-setting earnings report last month, Activision Blizzard confirmed that it was releasing DJ Hero this year. In a conference call with analysts, executives said that the Guitar Hero spin-off would be specifically hitting the Nintendo Wii and "a variety of platforms." Other than to express their enthusiasm, they declined to get more specific.

Today, though, Activision launched a teaser site http://www.djhero.com/ for DJ Hero, which is rumored to feature a turntable peripheral similar to Guitar Hero's simulated instrument. Though it offers no new announcements, the site features official logos that reconfirm the Wii edition and reveal that the game is coming to the Xbox 360. The presence of an Xbox Live logo indicates that it will also have an online component of some kind.

Finally, the presence of the PlayStation logo indicates that the game will arrive for at least one of Sony's two consoles currently on the market. A PlayStation 3 version is all but assured, given that Activision has publically aired doubts about releasing new games for the PlayStation 2. In the same conference call referenced above, executives said that their continued support of the aging console--which was released in late 2000--is contingent on Sony cutting its price. Currently, the PS2 sells for $129.99 in North America.

Notably absent on the DJ Hero site are logos for the PC, DS, or the PSP, which has its own dedicated logo. Guitar Hero III was ported to the PC (and Mac) by Asypr in 2007, but no further series installments have been released for home computers. And though Activision has never released a rhythm game for the PSP, a DS DJ Hero is a possibility, given the wild popularity of Guitar Hero: On Tour and its sequel, Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: DJ Hero Confirmed, Teaser Site Launched Reply with quote

creatchy wrote:
Not sure if it goes here, but it's always possible that the DJ peripheral could cross-talk with our game of choice.
I doubt it, but the DualStrike "cross-talks" with GH, so does that mean unrelated DualStrike news goes there? I don't think so. Moved.
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
Kane40  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: DJ Hero Confirmed, Teaser Site Launched Reply with quote

Article wrote:
Guitar Hero III was ported to the PC (and Mac) by Asypr in 2007, but no further series installments have been released for home computers.

Oh, really ?

/facepalm

On topic : seems like an IIDX game (not sure, I'm not familiar with them)

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
ford2112  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This oughta be interesting...cant wait to read more about it. dont know how it would work but they would make it work im sure
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of an old game that came out for the PS2 a while ago. If only I could remember the name...Also, IIRC, it was made by Konami.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's next, audience hero?
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nailuj wrote:

Actually, Band Hero.

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
neoMAXCML  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
This reminds me of an old game that came out for the PS2 a while ago. If only I could remember the name...Also, IIRC, it was made by Konami.

Beatmania?

I don't know if there are any screen shots of DJ Hero but you may be thinking of Scratch: The Ultimate DJ. That game looks like a complete knock off of Beatmania.
Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this, because it kinda implies that the article I read in Misc. GH Discussion may be correct. It said DJ Hero, Band Hero, AND Guitar Hero 5 would be coming out, which implies that Guitar Hero 5 might not be full band

I'll wait until I see some screenshots before I get excited about this. It will be interesting to see if there is a high demand for Score-tracking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
I like this, because it kinda implies that the article I read in Misc. GH Discussion may be correct. It said DJ Hero, Band Hero, AND Guitar Hero 5 would be coming out, which implies that Guitar Hero 5 might not be full band

I'll wait until I see some screenshots before I get excited about this. It will be interesting to see if there is a high demand for Score-tracking

Don't get your hopes up / mine down.

Band could mean Trombones. THAT kind of band. Or, perhaps, Guitar Hero + Rock Band collab effort?

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
DDRguy133  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
Nailuj wrote:

Actually, Band Hero.
Actually i think it's gonna be An Hero which comes with the Beretta M9 peripheral and one live round
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoMAXCML wrote:
GregoryZero wrote:

Beatmania?

I don't know if there are any screen shots of DJ Hero but you may be thinking of Scratch: The Ultimate DJ. That game looks like a complete knock off of Beatmania.

Beatmania. It's going to be pretty much that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone beat this game too it. I saw a trailer on TV for another DJ Hero, but it wasnt called that.

http://www.last.fm/user/shad0wz69
Follow Me @dogtownzboy1

Haven't been on ScoreHero in 3 years. 4chan ruined my life.
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
Graf wrote:

Band could mean Trombones. THAT kind of band. Or, perhaps, Guitar Hero + Rock Band collab effort?
That would never happen.

3926 0220 0199 1364
anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: