ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Few mods to the X-Plorer that may make it better for you...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wil  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Few mods to the X-Plorer that may make it better for you... Reply with quote

Its pretty clear the Xbox controller sucks balls.

I have made my controller significantly better doing only a few small things.

1) If you don't tilt, and push select like me, take a piece of double sided tape, and a small piece of foam or something raised up, and stick it to the "Back" button.

It will make it easier to press

2) If you have a old SG.Take out the wammy bar of the X-Plorer, and remove the square side walls from it. You should be left with a half moon shaped piece of plastic with a metal rod attached to it. Switch this wammy bar with the wammy bar from the SG. The bar is much tighter and it wont flop around as much while playing, and should fit almost perfectly.

3) to make the bar a bit more responsive, glue a piece of plastic until the part of the wammy bar that hits the guitar when it is not being wammied. About 1/8 of an inch piece of plastic will be good.

This will make it so that you don't have to press the wammy bar as far to get the game to respond to the motion.

I am possibly planning on removing the neck off of my old SG and mounting it to the X-Plorer to give it a bit more length.

I havn't checked to see if the screws match up yet, and the button spacing may be an issue.

I am also pondering a way alter the shape of the guitar without too much work so that the large part of the body isn't in the way of my arm when I play.

I'll get back to you on the more complicated updates later.

And add a few pics.
adcurtin  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a no-go on the neck swap, the screw holes don't line up.
Halonut1  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't find the star power so hard to activate as people have been saying, but i lean into it so maby i am doing it wrong,(or is it right???) the whammy bar, i dunno. i have only touched a SG controller maby twice. so maby i just dont know any better, anyway i might try the whammy bar thing if i ever get another guitar(i just bought this, i am NOT gonna rip it apart now O.o)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: