ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NEW GENERAL CHAT RULES. READ IMMEDIATELY.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame -> ScoreHero Staff (April Fools' 2009)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EWiggen  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: NEW GENERAL CHAT RULES. READ IMMEDIATELY. Reply with quote

After some discussion, the staff has come up with a few new rules that will be enforced heavily in general chat. Through the next week or so, we'll be cleaning up General Chat to include only topics that reflect these rules. Thank you for your cooperation.

Also note that any negative responses to these rules will get you banned. Instantly and permanently.

1. General chat is not a place to complain about your personal life. Therefore, no references to your own personal life should be made, whether talking about past experiences, current events, or future goals.

2. General chat is not a place to talk about the news. There are plenty of other sites where you can discuss and comment on news, such as digg, reddit, and others. Therefore, any articles discussing the news are now disallowed. This includes talking about anything on television, whether it be tv shows or sports events.

3. General chat is not a place for random music discussion. Time and time again, we have been plagued with people discussing the same topic, asking what bands are good, etc. This stops right now. From now on, no music discussion whatsoever is allowed.

4. General chat is not a place for academia. We are not meant for homework help, or discussion of academic topics. Therefore, no discussion pertaining to any topics that you might discuss in a classroom is allowed.

5. General chat is not a place for arguing or flaming. Therefore, no discussion of potentially controversial topics is allowed. If you have an opinion, keep it to yourself. If it is somehow possible to make your topic controversial in any way, do not post it.

All other rules are still in effect: No poll threads, no guitar hero discussion, and above all, don't be stupid. Thank you.

Last edited by EWiggen on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm....no news, no personal life, no music, no learning, no controversy, and as always, no plastitars.

So can I still talk about clothes and how they have changed my life?
EWiggen  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How they have changed YOUR LIFE? I don't think so, see rule number one. Good try.
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EWiggen wrote:
How they have changed YOUR LIFE? I don't think so, see rule number one. Good try.

Oh, good point, didn't even see the life part in my own sentence.

Oh I got one, which SH Smiley is the best smiley. That is not controversial, not in class, not my life, not in the news, it is safe?

Or maybe which Mod is the most awesome?

PieGuy  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those both sound extremely opinionated to me. Keep such frivolous things to yourself.

I, for one, think it's about time that the Staff cracked down on topics. No need to clutter up a forum with them.
EWiggen  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the scorehero smileys are the best smileys. Therefore, this is a controversial topic and you cannot post it.

The most awesome mod is not a subject up for debate, as people have different opinions as well. Remember, no opinions are allowed.
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you guys have fucking lost it, haven't you? Really, what else is there to talk about? The weather? Or is that classified under news? Oh, great. At least we still have sports. So I guess now General Chat will devolve into nothing but "HOW BOUT DEM THUR COWBOYS LOLOLOLOL" topics and the like. Oh, wait, or do topics like steroid use make sports controversial too? Whatever. One more excuse for me not to post in this section of the forums anyway.

Staff edit: User was banned for this post.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
EWiggen  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigFatBob, enjoy your permanent ban from the forums.

EWiggen wrote:
Also note that any negative responses to these rules will get you banned. Instantly and permanently

I thought that was clear enough; apparently not. Let this be a warning to everyone.
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all those new rules, technology help topics are still allowed, or am I misinterpreting?

Also, obviously the only discussion now allowed is the discussion of just how awesome grilled cheese is. It's not personal, cannot be found in the news, not music, wouldn't come up in a classroom, and it can't be controversial because there's simply no debate.

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel a lot more intelligent and safe browsing General Chat. And it's good to know my non-contribution went towards something.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
EWiggen  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technology help falls under the "academia" clause. See rule 4. So no, those topics are not allowed either.

Believe it or not, some people don't like grilled cheese sandwiches. While I appreciate the reference, it is still up for debate and is thus not appropriate to talk about.
drifter1717  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I can't make my thread about the news article that dicusses how listening to that shitty band Nine Inch Nails caused religious people and Republicans to blow up a classroom? My classroom specifically?

No grilled cheese discussion either?

(But it is so good if you put bacon and tomatoes on it)

Last edited by drifter1717 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Drifter1717
EWiggen  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. You can't.
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all we can post now... nothing

EWiggen  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there's plenty to talk about... just follow the above rules to the letter, and it should increase sanity and encourage better posting habits across the board.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame -> ScoreHero Staff (April Fools' 2009) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: