ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ps3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdhtheking  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Ps3 Reply with quote

I am just wondering what do you guys think of the ps3? So far i have the wii and i like it but i dont love it and i might want to buy the ps3. Do you think i should buy it? Do you guys like it?
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, there's a thread about comparing the 3 next-gen systems, listing their pros and cons. Sadly, I don't know where it is.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
pyrobob  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much all the mainstream games are either cross-platform, or 360-exclusive.

There's a few on the PS3, but IMO, not enough to make it a seller. I can live without like, 3 games.
xxtimetokillxx  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PS3 has a lot of GOOD exclusives, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2, MGS4, etc. And the PS3 is the most "technological" system for this generation. It may not have as much things when compared to the 360, but it has more room for improvement than the 360, and they are improving it as we speak, they usually add a few new features to the PS3 every couple months are so, and if its longer, they have been doing miscellaneous improvements anyway.

And Microsoft has announced that they won't be creating a bluray peripheral for 360 because "You can watch an infinite library of movies from Xbox Live"..., so if somebody wants to create a game for the ps3 that is 845734657 hours long, they can do it on one bluray disc. If they want to do it on the 360.....346345 hours later...Please insert Disc 5!

The 360 has its exclusives too, and don't get me wrong, Halo fucking ROCKS. And it doesn't look like PS3 will be getting any Halo games.

PS: Comparing PS3 Guitar Hero to 360 Guitar Hero is a whole different story.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: XxTimetoKillxX PSN Name: XxTimetokillxX
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSG4 has been compress because it was too big to fit a 50gb blu-ray disc lol
i hope they're gonna release bigger blu-ray soon. i know they're planned but when ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Ps3 Reply with quote

rdhtheking wrote:
I am just wondering what do you guys think of the ps3? So far i have the wii and i like it but i dont love it and i might want to buy the ps3. Do you think i should buy it? Do you guys like it?

Well, I love my PS3, got it launch day (2 days before my birthday...That was a LOOONNNGGG 2 day wait )
I play my PS3 almost every day, I havn't plugged my wii in for about 3 months (well, that sorta skews the facts, I go to my friends place like 3-4 times a week, and we play a lot of wii).
I see the wii as the lets just mess around with wii sports in multiplayer console, and the ps3 as the I'm alone and want to play good games console.

About buying it:
The main thing to consider is the games. Do you want to play Halo/GoW, or Killzone 2/Resistance 2? Gran Turismo or Project Gotham? Little Big Planet or *Some other 360 exclusive*
Some of the main pros for the PS3 (Opinions obviously)
It's a Blu-ray player.
Easily upgradeable (sp?) Hard Drive
MGS4/Resistance 1 &2/Killsone 2/Little Big Planet/Uncharted
PSN is free
HDMI is standard
Blu-ray discs are very hard to scratch
(IMO) Dualshock 3>360 controller

So, yes, it is awesome
Cabanon wrote:
MSG4 has been compress because it was too big to fit a 50gb blu-ray disc lol
i hope they're gonna release bigger blu-ray soon. i know they're planned but when ?

I remeber reading somewhere that they had made a 4 layer (100GB) Blu-ray disc, but I thought that was more of a proof of concept kind of thing, not so much a mass produced kind of thing..

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in Gaming Discussion?

<--Thank You karatechess
I ed Jordan... WOOOOOOT, Thanks to lun471k for the kick-ass avitar
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ps3 Reply with quote

Necromac wrote:
EDIT: Shouldn't this be in Gaming Discussion?

Yeah, it should be, I came across this thread and I tried to post but SH was being weird last night lol

I think what the people have said up above sums it up, but if you happen to get a PS3, get Unreal Tournament III because you can do some crazy customization otherwise not on the 360. Also, you can expand your HDD up to any size you choose (needs to be a 2.5 inch HDD) and Sony even tells you how to do it.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
KrakenEater  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxtimetokillxx wrote:
PS: Comparing PS3 Guitar Hero to 360 Guitar Hero is a whole different story.
Sorry to go off topic, but why does everyone act like the PS3 version is so bad? If anything, I'd say it's the best (it gets DLC like the 360, and you can use both the SG and the WTar with it). Sure, you have to use an adapter on most decent guitars, and you can't really tilt activate, but other than that it's perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thank you guys from what you guys have told me the ps3 sounds pretty good.
Ice  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an owner of all 3 "next gen" consoles, I play my PS3 everyday, I've touched my 360 only twice and I haven't played my Wii in over a year.

As most have already said, some of the pros are definitely the Blu-ray and PSN is free. I've heard a lot of people complain about the connectivity issues on some games with the PS3 (you get what you pay for >_>), but after having been on many multi-console game forums I have seen just as many complain about the same issues on the 360 side. So that should technically lead you to believe it's not console related, but game server related.

Another plus is the fact that the PS3 comes completely backwards compatible to start with. (The last time I heard there are still XBox games that can't be played on the 360)

I'm not knocking any of the other consoles, the PS3 is just what I prefer to play.
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I think PS3, I think $$$$$$$ which I don't have.

3926 0220 0199 1364
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice wrote:
Another plus is the fact that the PS3 comes completely backwards compatible to start with. (The last time I heard there are still XBox games that can't be played on the 360)

thats false

the first 20/60/80gb model were 100% compatible.

but the latest 40/80/160gb model are not.
you need to look at the official list to see if its working.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joekickass1234 wrote:
When I think PS3, I think $$$$$$$ which I don't have.

I saved up for 6 months (I'm notting shitting you) for my PS3 and I'm broke.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
brad16752  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see pros and cons for the PS3 and 360 so it really comes down to which cons effect you more.
Ice  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
Ice wrote:

thats false

the first 20/60/80gb model were 100% compatible.

but the latest 40/80/160gb model are not.
you need to look at the official list to see if its working.

Hmmm, didn't know they decided to screw that ordeal over. Glad I got mine when they first came out then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: