ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The GH2X Rivalry! - Temporarily Closed? We'll See!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iDoom  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaannnd nobody turned in a Gemini score. =P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah about that...

Also I'm leaving on sunday and this wasn't very active so i just didn't bother

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
Cowdude7  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to. Gemini's a cool song. But then a couple of days ago I spaced out and never really snapped out of it. I've been doing 26-30 hour days for most of this year so far, so every day I woke up four hours later, and the days I woke up at night time screwed me up. Hrm. But school starts Monday so I'll have to stop that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to finally drop from this. Mostly because of how little effort I've been putting into this for the last forty or fifty songs. Even when I had my perfect submission record going, near the end of it I was only playing the songs once or twice before turning them in. I was doing kinda good a few weeks ago when I was on an RB2 binge even though that's Wii and this is PS2, but anymore this is all I use my PS2 for and that makes it seem more like work. I think the only song I genuinely tried hard on lately is Hangar 18, which is odd because we've played it like ten times for this thing. But I always played that one more than once. I guess the low submission rate of the people in the rivalry lowers the competitive spirit in the air or something, making me not care and such, but I still could be trying harder. So I'll just give up on this.

But hey. Now iDoom can start winning his own rivalry if he submits for the next ten or eleven songs. He doesn't even have to win. I mean, I'm up by a hundred points even though we've played over seventy songs and I only won about three or four of them >_> And half of those I won by default.

I'm going to join S12, but I dunno what I'll play. Whatever I do, it'll probably just be RB3. In S11 I did an RB2 league and an old school league, and that was just way too much disc changing. I'll probably do expert guitar (which I will not win) and either keys or pro keys (which I will not win). I got a midi adapter for my keyboard about two weeks ago and I don't play piano, so if I do pro keys I'm gonna suck and not make it to playoffs, but maybe I can play on Medium and submit for every song and at least beat a couple of people. Regular keys bores me when the option of pro keys is available. Gotta play the hardest difficulty in everything ever. Even though... I just said I'd be on medium pro keys. But I also like being able to turn the keyboard's volume up and oh god that's really the song I'm playing here without a single piano lesson. I played a bunch of violin in middle and high school, but never piano. Dad just happened to find a Yamaha piano at a yard sale for ten bucks a year ago, so I figured I may as well pick up that adapter. Next time they release a Dream Theater song for Rock Band DLC, I believe I'll find myself practicing the piano until I'm good at it. Ever since I found out the fourth movement of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence is entirely in 13/8 time, I've been disappointed that Rock Band probably won't put 42-minute songs into their game. Laaaame. Maybe we'll see Octavarium some day. It's only half that.

Incidently, that midi adapter makes a strangely great gamepad, if you don't need any more buttons than it has. For something that only needed to be able to navigate RB3's menus, it's great for Super Meat Boy. I have this ancient USB gamepad I found at a yard sale for a quarter that only has six buttons, and it really hurts my fingers after a while. But the midi adapter's great. I've probably played more of that with the midi adapter than RB3 >_>;

Well, I've been off of the subject of this post and this thread for about four paragraphs now, so I'm gonna submit this and get to sleep.

Edit: 627 words, and a page and a half if double-space. A fairly successful ramblement. I've done better, but probably not on a forum. I'll sleep well tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think the rivalry's slowly starting to fade away. I'm gonna need to drop out too :/ I'm just not finding much fun in GH2 anymore, any song I have left is full of frustration, and I'm focusing on doing the best I can in the WoR expert guitar league, since it seems like it's pretty intense. It'll be really interesting seeing what's gonna happen in every league, not just that one. I might be back later if GH2 suddenly gets fun again, but I'm really not sure at this point, sorry.

iDoom  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think it's finally time to close this rivalry. Thanks for helping to keep it going (even though it barely did at all after round 30 or so). It's been a good run guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What. The. Hell.

This is just what I have been looking for for the past 4 months or so.....how did I not find this before. And now it's closed. /sad

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, just when I was thinking about coming back in the next few rounds. Thanks iDoom for running this thing, even if I only participated for 10 rounds or so

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerQuick wrote:
damn, just when I was thinking about coming back in the next few rounds. Thanks iDoom for running this thing, even if I only participated for 10 rounds or so

LOL this doesnt show much

iDoom  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha I might start a new, more organized when I have more time so I know I can be dedicated to it. Still, I'm surprised this one ran for so long.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I just checked in to see what score because I found my GH2 discs.

Anyways, you know the reason I quit for the long while. I just picked a hell of a time to come back

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, make a note to yourself: Be sure to allocate enough time to run a rivalry!

And note to myself: Be sure to be able to maintain being in a rivalry!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could set up and run a new GH score-valry if anyone would be interested?

iDoom  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could try to play, no promises though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
yeah, make a note to yourself: Be sure to allocate enough time to run a rivalry!

And note to myself: Be sure to be able to maintain being in a rivalry!

Time was not an issue, it was personal shit that was the issue.

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 70 of 71

Jump to: