ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
360 Select Button Mod (With Pics)(Super easy)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wil  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: 360 Select Button Mod (With Pics)(Super easy) Reply with quote

So, a few people have been complaining about having a hard time sqeezing, or just getting star power to activate in general.

This is a very simple fix.

Step 1) Take a long peice of plastic (about an inch and a half by half an inch is good) (it helps if it has a raised bump on one end (I got lucky with what I found).

Step 2) If it does not have a raised bump, clip a 1/8 inch by 1/8 inch peice of plastic off something else, and glue it to the end area of one of the ends of the strip.

Step 3) Position the piece of plastic so that the raised end is pointing down directly above the BACK button.

Step 4) I used double sided tape to attack it to my guitar. I did this instead of glueing to avoid damage, and in case I wanted to take it off later if I found a more looks friendly alternative.

It should look about like this

*Your piece of plastic may not and probably should not look like mine. It was the tag off something that I found in my sister's room.
DemonixX  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hot glued one of the plastic connectors off an erector set onto the button. *shrugs* you idea works too.
RatBastage  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made one that is a bit different. I found a small piece of double adhesive foam about 1/4" thick. I cut the paper off one side the same size as the select button and stuck it on there. I then cut up an old insurance card (same as a credit card) about 2" x 2" and stuck it on there. I works perfectly.

The nice part is the adhesive only touches the button. the 1/4" foam makes the plastic hover about 1/8" above the top of the guitar with no sticky stuff on the guitar itself.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after work, I'm going to make a trip to Staples, pick up an "Easy" button, and see if I can rig that up somehow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not to sure how ergonomic an easy button would be, but it would be hella funny.

I can see the commercial now........(1st rocker) "Man I just can't finish Freebird on expert!" (2nd rocker) "Dude, just hit the easy button!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: