ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wiki's Point

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moneybags137  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Wiki's Point Reply with quote

What exactly is the Wiki's point? I don't understand it. I get lost half the time I'm on it. Would someone like to explain its point and what all can I do on it?

My Acc
Total Fcs [86] Latest: [Same Old Song and Dance]
Best(In terms of the Fc list): The Seeker
El jefe[4-7-09]
The log[4-10-09]
[51/70] FGFC GH3H
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: moneybags137
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People aren't using it to its full potential, but the major points were:

De-clutter the forums by moving guides there.
Make guides and lists more effective by making it so more than one person can update it.
Catalog guides in an easier to search location.
Allow for an easier to access catalog of paths (this did not happen).
Potentially shift accomplishment threads outside of the forums (also didn't happen).

The Wiki did take off really well at first, but a couple months after its debut, it was basically dead.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
People aren't using it to its full potential, but the major points were:

De-clutter the forums by moving guides there.
Make guides and lists more effective by making it so more than one person can update it.
Catalog guides in an easier to search location.
Allow for an easier to access catalog of paths (this did not happen).
Potentially shift accomplishment threads outside of the forums (also didn't happen).

The Wiki did take off really well at first, but a couple months after its debut, it was basically dead.

One mistake with the wiki is that you need to use contribution points to edit the song pages... thats why almost all of them are empty.
12:41 fudrick: im taking a quick break
12:42 singertoad: Jerk off break?
12:42 JohnnyGrey: >_>
12:42 fudrick: my forearm is starting to hurt lol
12:42 JohnnyGrey: lol context >_>
12:42 singertoad: haha
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singertoad wrote:
One mistake with the wiki is that you need to use contribution points to edit the song pages... thats why almost all of them are empty.

It wasn't a mistake, per se; the idea was that the song pages were designed to hold certain types of information that needed to be accurate (Star Power paths being the biggest one), and the presence of misinformation there would have been a very bad thing. They needed a way to make sure that not just any idiot could change the posted path or otherwise vandalize the page, so they decided to require contribution points to edit those pages. This restricted access to only those people who at least cared enough about ScoreHero to get the points. It's certainly possible that that is part of the reason why most of the pages never got edited at all, but the requirement did what it was designed to do.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:
singertoad wrote:

It wasn't a mistake, per se; the idea was that the song pages were designed to hold certain types of information that needed to be accurate (Star Power paths being the biggest one), and the presence of misinformation there would have been a very bad thing. They needed a way to make sure that not just any idiot could change the posted path or otherwise vandalize the page, so they decided to require contribution points to edit those pages. This restricted access to only those people who at least cared enough about ScoreHero to get the points. It's certainly possible that that is part of the reason why most of the pages never got edited at all, but the requirement did what it was designed to do.

I could not have explained it better. Think about it, would it really be a good system to allow some 9-year-old to make an SH account and edit the wiki right away? If they did allow that, we'd have a bunch of pages with stuff like "LULZ COKCS HAHA UR MOM LALWLALW!!11!1/!?!'1'1!'" 5 points really isn't too tough to obtain anyway, and it's at least a way to make it so that only people who know what the hell they're talking about can edit it.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
singertoad  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
zsjostrom35 wrote:
singertoad wrote:

I could not have explained it better. Think about it, would it really be a good system to allow some 9-year-old to make an SH account and edit the wiki right away? If they did allow that, we'd have a bunch of pages with stuff like "LULZ COKCS HAHA UR MOM LALWLALW!!11!1/!?!'1'1!'" 5 points really isn't too tough to obtain anyway, and it's at least a way to make it so that only people who know what the hell they're talking about can edit it.

Yeah but editing the wiki isn't a privlige (spelling?) it's a contribution. So, you need to contribute to contribute.

I bought the upgrade though so i guess i'm kinda a hipacrit (lolspelling)
12:41 fudrick: im taking a quick break
12:42 singertoad: Jerk off break?
12:42 JohnnyGrey: >_>
12:42 fudrick: my forearm is starting to hurt lol
12:42 JohnnyGrey: lol context >_>
12:42 singertoad: haha
DanSoup  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Wiki's a brilliant source for guides and things, such as the instrument compatibility page and things.

The best thing on it is the users pages. If you just spend a little time getting the code down then you can make your page look really good. I use it alot as a handy way to track my FCs.

Some say he came back just to fix the "5-Note Chord" banner in his sig...
[23:01] <DanSoup> Did you know, girls masturbate as often as men
[23:01] <DanSoup> they just lie about it normaly
[23:01] <SillyScape> no-one mastrubates as much as me
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanSoup wrote:
I think the Wiki's a brilliant source for guides and things, such as the instrument compatibility page and things.

The best thing on it is the users pages. If you just spend a little time getting the code down then you can make your page look really good. I use it alot as a handy way to track my FCs.

Is there any sort of guide on the Wiki for using the code? As of now, I typed a lot of stuff on my page, but it looks really clustered and I don't quite know how to organize it...

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Is there any sort of guide on the Wiki for using the code? As of now, I typed a lot of stuff on my page, but it looks really clustered and I don't quite know how to organize it...

I don't know, but if you just click to edit the Sandbox Page and just study it, you can learn basically everything you need to know.
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
DanSoup wrote:

On the homepage is a link to the Formatting Rules page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: