ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Metallica now available for PS2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glenthemann  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess, in response to the no one cares thing I have this to say:

I love my PS2, I could go out and buy a 360 or a PS3, and it is very tempting mind you, but for me when I factor in how much Ill use it, what itll be used for etc, both systems dont fit in for me at the moment.

The one and pretty much only thing that attracts me to them is the availability of DLC and online play. I know there are a LOT of people who hate the idea of online play, my friends with 360s and Ps3's being some of them (I know, it doesnt make any sense right?)

The PS2 is probably be most versatile system to date in my opinion, maybe the original XBOX since you can mod it so well, but I modded my PS2 myself, soldered all 27 tiny wires to tiny components on its mainboard and it is my baby.

It pretty much only sees guitar hero action as of lately, I am nowhere near well enough to battle online, and aside from DLC, RB1,2 as well as GH2,3,WT,A and soon to be Metallica offer me enough songs that I can only dream of FCing. I too wish I could download caprici el diablo or whatever it is, but I dont think Id be able to pass it anyway. and heck, im saving money

..but I will be buying GH:M

And as far as graphics go, yes theyre prettier but hey, I can still see the gems coming. I really dont care for the fancy band or all that other BS, I just play the game thats that, and I think a lot of people would agree with me.

OH NO, NO FANCY ACHIEVEMENT PICKS, WHATEVER SHALL I DO?!?!
melodicdeath  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought it yesterday...the last copy at gamestop...this game is so fucking awesome...i meen come on...

IT"S METALLICA!!!!
glenthemann  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my copy and just got through for whom the bell tolls

this is awesome, this game is gonna get a lot more play than all the others..
TQSG  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that the PS2 did not get left out when it came to the Metallifacts.

:D

Oh, and this game is awesome. Good job Neversoft.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
FlamingHomer  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! I'm glad they still care about the PS2.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TQSG wrote:
I just noticed that the PS2 did not get left out when it came to the Metallifacts.

Oh, and this game is awesome. Good job Neversoft.

O Rlly?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: ps2 forever Reply with quote

i used to think having a 360 would kick ass. but i just wanted more songs. all of my friends have one but i could care less. Metallica kicks ass and so does my ps2. but i still think they should make future ps2 Gh/Rb games online because then there would be absolutely no reason to get a ps3 or 360.
donovan3995  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lava-Lizard wrote:
No one cares. Just like all other PS2 games, this won't even have half the content and the graphics will be 1/100th of the 360 version.

Might as well save some money and time and NOT make a PS2 version but I guess the profit mongers of Neversoft just NEED the money.

Someone needs to step off their dick strapped computer chair and STFU. THere are alot of ps2 players who play guitar hero games and to leave them out would be a shame. It is a rhythm based game, most players don't even care about the visuals of theis game. It is about the gameplay and audio. Now that I think about it. Guitar hero started on the playstation 2. and you are bagging on the fact that they need more money, so they resorted to making a ps2 copy. Stop trying to make ignorant reasons to shut down the playstation. You sound like a spoiled stuck up kid who got a 360 from his parents money and just hates on a system that has done better on game selection and profits. I really doubt ps2 has 1/100 the pixels, framerates, vertices, or whatever you were saying to ruin the playstation's look. I mean, have you seen FFX? And you are bagging on a system that came out before the xbox for christ's sake. Does it really make you feel better to put so much vanity on activision when you yourself are indulging in your 360? dont compare different generations of systems. You might as well compare the ps3 capabilities in frame rate and graphics and see how the 360 compares. Activision just wants their fans, no matter how poor or outdated have the fun of metallica. They have enough money as it is. More than enough. You should learn to just like video games in general and not put down a very spread around console many have liked
louster200  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*my raises hand and goes whoo!*

Well, I'm happy they still make it for the PS2. There are many reasons I stick up for my PS2. One is just to make those stupid 360/PS3 fanboys to STFU. Another is to show PS2 users still exist!

I can't write much more. School bus will be here soon. =P

KyleKorver  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we European folks will get it....in May, probably

jeffo2448 wrote:
Van Halen - .... umm... he's having a WHOLE game devoted to him
JosephL  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've been harping about this in #sh, but I'd like to ask: what's the word on the broken chord in Master of Puppets Hard? I know the odds are small that it may have been fixed for the PS2 version, but one can dream.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
KinGod  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: New Zealander demanding assistance Reply with quote

Hey its great that its out already but when will it be released in Europe, Australia and therefore New Zealand? I love Metallica, I love Guitar Hero, I WANT THIS F***ING GAME!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Sportsmad73
InsolentWill  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lava-Lizard wrote:
Get a fucking life. Not only did you use an internet meme, but you used it out of proper context. In no way shape or form was my post "fail", so take your nerdy internet vocabulary and shove it up your ass you stupid prick.

Fail, sir.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

donovan3995 wrote:
Lava-Lizard wrote:
No one cares. Just like all other PS2 games, this won't even have half the content and the graphics will be 1/100th of the 360 version.

Might as well save some money and time and NOT make a PS2 version but I guess the profit mongers of Neversoft just NEED the money.

THere are alot of ps2 players who play guitar hero games and to leave them out would be a shame. It is a rhythm based game, most players don't even care about the visuals of theis game.

The best reason to keep your ps2 is we can make custom rockband,
try doing that on a 360 or ps3.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that they included the three additional Death Magnetic songs free on the disk, and really good ones at that. Would have liked to have seen the full album on there if possible (for PS2/Wii versions), but this is really good too.

Might as well have done it, they already put pretty much all of Master of Puppets onto the game

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen

Last edited by GuitarGeek08 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: