ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SHTX Get-Together 2012 Apr. 14 - Contact Deschain for location details
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping I can roadtrip my fat ass over to you. :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. Have you made a sign up sheet yet?
Shikka  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time was fun, so put me down on the list too. Like last time though I make no guarantees especially considering my school situation.

Antec  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and a friend can probably show up. Depending where you are hosting this. We live in Waco, TX. So it is not to far from Austin or Dallas.

We can bring:
Customs for GH3 on PC
Guitars
Drinks (no alcohol, we are 18)
Some type of food or chip in for pizza

Names:
Antec
daytonadave
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the one summer I stay in Indiana over coming back to Texas... and I would get to meet Confury too!

On second thought, I will be in town in late July and/or August for about a week (my family would strangle me if I didn't visit once over the summer). The dates are unknown, but as soon as I find out I'll let you know. If this possibly happens during that time I could stop by, but I doubt I could stay long.

As far as a place to have it... well, when I went to the UK meet in London we were somewhat lacking a host. So we booked 4 hotel rooms and had some GH setups going and just migrated between rooms.

Obviously this was an obscure tiny hotel in London so we didn't disturb anyone with our antics, but I doubt the same scenario would be good in America. But hey at least we have a last resort idea.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hailz, I'll try and make a target week for you to possibly drop by, because of course that would be kewl. If it was really a last resort, I'd rent out this room next to my apt. complex's offices and use my apt, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

As for my total lateness (and lack of info, sorry) prep for finals is eating up my time! School is over after this week, I should have some more free time.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
JW2  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like get-togethers.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powfordamage PSN Name: powfordamage
freakinalex  

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so freaking down for this! I don't care when or where it is, I will make sure I'm there (just don't schedule it around June 24th. I'm going to see Jenny Lewis that night). Last year's get-together was a blast!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flights are booked for DeusExProcella and I. We'll be in town from August 12th-17th, so if this happens during that time we'll be happy to drop in for a bit.

Don't plan this around us, though, since we would be able to visit for an afternoon at best. Just throwing that out there. :P

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
klye  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking forward to a repeat since last years!
Unfortunately I'm going to be in Colorado most of the summer... If this goes down in August I could make it though.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: EyeWoodchuckEwe
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I guess I'll pop in here. I talked to my mom and she said I could go no problem. Since I'll have my driver's license next month, I can drive up to Austin myself, actually. I don't think my dad will have any objections like he did last year, because I honestly think the only reason he didn't want to take me was because he didn't want to drive. <____<

EDIT:I forgot to mention, although I'm assuming it's in Austin anyway, this is all barring that it actually IS in Austin. Anywhere else and I'm probably a no.

As for dates...mid-August is the only time right now that I am 100% certain I can attend, not a single thing getting in the way. There's a couple of uncertainties from June-first week in August regarding family matters(vacation and things, if we're going or not, etc.), so I can't be *completely* certain about that time frame. There's not a single time so far that I absolutely can't go, but if I can go with 100% certainty, the middle of August works best for me(and it appears the same is true for a handful of others here).

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im having surgery in mid-May, and have a friggin long healing time, but I could do anything between very late June and August 20th or so. I'd love to see everyone again though; and you can count me there if it's between those dates . (though July 29th is my sisters bd, so please not that day or the 28th)

53964.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
Evermar  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me down to go, hopefully work doesnt get in my way this year
Newest Videos:
Your Face 100% FC Expert Guitar
Sacrifice 100% Expert Guitar
Jimi 100% FC Expert Guitar

How many 1sts Fug has taken from me: 9
Deschain  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5/14: Visited Tek Republik today.

It looked small from the outside, but check out the gallery and you can see the wall with 15-20 monitors, two 30"+ HDTVs, and the projector near the entrance. What you can't probably see is the room in the back with a projector that's dedicated to RB, and is hooked up with a nice sound system.

The rates for day passes are already up on the website (10 AM-2 AM next morning), ranging from $15 weekdays to up to $25 Sat night. There are hourly rates, but a get-together kind of precludes doing that. With around 20 people already confirmed, this is pretty cheap. However, I don't think this will be all that comfortable, since a weekend evening at a LAN center is pretty busy, and we'd have to jostle around the regulars. I eventually talked with Chris, the owner. Here's what I learned about all-nighters:

-During the summer, there are all-nighters held by Tek Republik pretty much every Friday, so our best bet would be Saturday night
-10 PM-10 AM
-$20/person, 10 person minimum
-Half of that money will need to be paid up front
-As more people attend, the cheaper the entry fee becomes.
-There is a slight catch with this, since at some point Chris would need to add another staff member if there's a really large number of people, costing more $. He wouldn't commit to a specific number, however.
-Chris is fine with letting us hook up whatever we want to the monitors, which means anybody who wants to bring their hacked Wii, PS2, or GH3PC can do so.
-There's concessions available, but Chris would be fine with letting us bring in food. The only problem he listed is if we order pizza, don't get messy and smear grease everywhere.

So basically it's $200 for at least 3 full RB setups for 12 hours. I had to wait for an hour to talk to Chris since he was out, so I played in the RB room for an hour. I was a little close to the screen since the room wasn't that big (BQP helps with this immensely), it was still really fun, since it was a projector with no lag and about 120 DLC. I got about 200 GS before I switched to the drums, and it was an ION set! The red pad was pretty wasted, but still worked perfectly. If we get enough equipment and people, it could be really, really fun.

If you guys think Tek Republik is where the get-together should be, I of course would be fine with that. The only problems I see are hotel accommodation (much as I'd like, I cannot fit 20 people in my apt) and how to pay half the all-nighter fee up front.

In conclusion, what I need from you guys is a decision on what date we want this to be, and how we want to pay for it. I'm all for August since it seems more people will be able to attend that way, but it's not going to be during QuakeCon (not missing that again). As for paying, I might front the money, but that would mean attendees owing me directly. I'm willing to try PayPal, I just hope people would trust me with their $. It would be a good way to "confirm" attendance, though...

Finally, if you have any questions, if I can't answer them I'll take them to Chris.

Last edited by Deschain on Fri May 15, 2009 1:47 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Antec  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

College starts at the end of August and QuakeCon is in the center of August.

August would be kinda crazy, but I would try to make a point to showing up (if im not broke from QuakeCon).

My vote is for end of July and beginning of August. Somewhere in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25

Jump to: