ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SHTX Get-Together 2012 Apr. 14 - Contact Deschain for location details
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deschain  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I thought QC was early August, which would change things. My update is updated ( ) accordingly.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brainstorm: What if we made the get-together AT QuakeCon?

Not that I could come but I dunno, that could be cool. A big SH meet-up, since a lot of people are going to be there anyway...

In addition to that, other ideas: Fiesta Texas/Six Flags get-together akin to the big Cedar Point one. That could be cool.

/me sees the chances of her being able to come slipping away...

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
freakinalex  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole TekRepublic thing sounds promising. There are a few points I'd like to bring up...

-I would need a place to stay. I can't afford a hotel room, especially if we have to pay $20 to get in and buy food. Assuming we're there from 10 PM to 10 AM, there's no way I'd survive a drive back to San Antonio directly after that.
-If we can hook up anything to the TVs, I'm willing to bring my 360. I've got 3/4 of the DLC (I ran out of money/HDD space, or I'd have it all), and I have an ION drum set in perfect working condition.
-Any chance you could get pictures of the store so we can see how much space there is? The pictures on their website don't accurately represent the whole place.
-Late July/early August would be the best time for me, personally. My semester starts in mid-August. If we could do either the last weekend of July or the first weekend of August, that would be perfect.
-Do they have wireless internet there? If they do, we should definitely set up a stream like last year.
-I wouldn't mind PayPal-ing you my money in advance (assuming I have it by then) if needed.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say meet up at QCon, that way I don't have to request double time off.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the get-together is at QuakeCon, count me out. There's no way in hell I'd be allowed to go to Dallas. In addition, my parents are still on the fence of flying to Virginia or not(which would take up late July-early August), and I'm unsure if I'm going to a concert on August 9th(a Sunday) or not. August might be completely shot for me now(the week after QuakeCon I start school again, IIRC), but considering how a ton of people are available for then, my odds of attending seem to have dropped a lot now. I'll keep you guys updated.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Texas get-together sounds like it'd be awesome shit. I'll keep an eye on this thread. It kinda sucks that I have to be stuck all the way in West Texas, though. All the major cities are pretty far away from me.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you're saying is that ultimately if I were to pay for xxmanga_freakxx and I to go, then I'd just have to send you $40 via paypal? I'm down with that.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's more than 10 people, it's going to be less than $20.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
soundbarrier4  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigFatBob wrote:
A Texas get-together sounds like it'd be awesome shit. I'll keep an eye on this thread. It kinda sucks that I have to be stuck all the way in West Texas, though. All the major cities are pretty far away from me.

I'm in San Angelo. Isn't that like, about an hour away from Big Spring?

Anyway, I'd actually rather have just a Rock Band get-together not at QuakeCon. I'd like to just be around people in a room to play Rock Band.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: soundbarrier4SH
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundbarrier4 wrote:
BigFatBob wrote:

I'm in San Angelo. Isn't that like, about an hour away from Big Spring?

Anyway, I'd actually rather have just a Rock Band get-together not at QuakeCon. I'd like to just be around people in a room to play Rock Band.

Actually, it's about 2.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're still thinking August, I'm free every weekend except the one of the 22/23. This looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

Deschain  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys! If we're sticking with Tek Rebublik, that means they're gonna need $100 up front. I'm willing to fork it out, but that means peeps will owe me. I'm thinking about setting up a PayPal account and have attendees post their fee as confirmation of attendance. I like this idea more since if we assume the starting rate of attendance is $20, if more than 10 people show up, you get a refund when you show up!

If late July/early Aug sounds the best to everyone, then the possible dates are July 25/26 or Aug 1/2. I'll be sending PMs to everyone who posted interest so we can get this together! Once a date is finalized, I'll look for cheap hotel rates so people can cram in there to keep that cost down.

Tell your friends, or get them to come along. The more show up, the cheaper it is! I'm also working on a surprise, and I don't want to have to show it on YouTube because this fizzled out!
Confury  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
I'm also working on a surprise, and I don't want to have to show it on YouTube because this fizzled out!

I may or may not know what that suprise is, I'll keep it to myself though =P *blames Minor*.

Hope we get more people to attend! This is sounding like a lot of fun. Also a question Deschain, will this be a weekend get-together? As in, will it be 2-3 days?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
blob  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those would be the only two weekends i couldnt go, but I guess Ill see most of you guys at Qcon if you happen to go

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can almost definitely attend, but I've got one major problem:

If I'm the only girl attending, assuming Hailey can't come (and even if she could [assuming we have an Austin get-together], she'd stay with her family and not a hotel), where would I stay? I don't want to have to buy a hotel room solely for myself, and the only POSSIBLE attendees that I know extremely well are Brian (who doesn't know if he can come obv) and Tyler [Hylian], who I'm almost positive I can convince to come...if he visits me during the summer -.-.

So I'm kind of stuck on living accomodations because I'm not that comfortable staying with guys I know semi-well or not at all in a hotel room, and the only guys I know well cant confirm yet. Last year, Paul was gracious enough to let me stay in the guest room, but there's no equivalent when it comes to a hotel room <__<.

If anyone has any ideas for me, please PM me or reply in the thread.

53964.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

Jump to: