ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Regenerating interest in the wiki... How?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sedron  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'd be contributing general information on songs if I had the ability to do so. That would at least make the pages more interesting to browse through.
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sedron wrote:
I know I'd be contributing general information on songs if I had the ability to do so. That would at least make the pages more interesting to browse through.
The thing about that is that it was more or less decided that song pages shouldn't really have too much information about the song itself beyond the artist, album, and year in the Song Infobox as seen here.

Adding that came to a screeching halt after a while, though, due to the sheer volume of songs and the lack of interest. Adding information on pages that aren't getting accessed seems needless. >_>

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another progress update: my plans have gone from big to HUGE, and I now guarantee that every concern being mentioned here is going to be completely turned around. I've currently got 9 things on my to-do list before everything will be integrated the way I envision.

I'll have a pretty significant announcement when things are complete that will launch an eternal "pathing drive" which will be a community-wide effort to fill-in ALL path information (i.e. as much as we can - and I have faith it'll be a lot), complete with contributor and overall progress tracking. Visibility to the wiki pages will be greatly improved in many ways through navigation and linking to drive traffic from where the interest lies, as well as accessibility for anyone to have the opportunity to contribute.

Sorry that I keep giving false hopes with when it'll be done so I'm not going to do that again. But I will say heavy progress is made each day and everything left is minor/debugging related, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Also great job on the PathNotation page, Manfred. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps something along the lines of contribution points for adding new (better and correct) paths to the wiki? since debr's optimizer program is only close to perfect, plus now SP overlaps so it's not built for that, we need at the very least single instrument paths for all songs.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Another progress update: my plans have gone from big to HUGE, and I now guarantee that every concern being mentioned here is going to be completely turned around. I've currently got 9 things on my to-do list before everything will be integrated the way I envision.

I'll have a pretty significant announcement when things are complete that will launch an eternal "pathing drive" which will be a community-wide effort to fill-in ALL path information (i.e. as much as we can - and I have faith it'll be a lot), complete with contributor and overall progress tracking. Visibility to the wiki pages will be greatly improved in many ways through navigation and linking to drive traffic from where the interest lies, as well as accessibility for anyone to have the opportunity to contribute.

Sorry that I keep giving false hopes with when it'll be done so I'm not going to do that again. But I will say heavy progress is made each day and everything left is minor/debugging related, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Also great job on the PathNotation page, Manfred. Thanks!
This is exciting, JC. Heres to the success of your plans and the wiki.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always lock the accomplishments forum, hide it, and then tell everyone to go post on their wiki pages instead...

I think that's a sure fire way of regenerating interest in the wiki.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

microgamer2vs2 wrote:
You could always lock the accomplishments forum, hide it, and then tell everyone to go post on their wiki pages instead...

I think that's a sure fire way of regenerating interest in the wiki.
That way would cause Wiki activity to skyrocket, but the feedback would be horrible.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Unpur3  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just adding to what Llama said, although the wiki would get used a lot more by removing the acc's forum, is that the kind of attention that we would want for the wiki?
Its almost forcing people to use it, rather than letting people use it because they want to.
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that would just get people complaining, personally, I wouldn't mind it, I go to the wiki every now and then to just check some pages out.

Some slogans for Scorehero, courtesy of Sloganizer
Scorehero. Impossible is nothing
I'd sleep with Scorehero
Some for TheTrueSatanist:
Jesus loves TheTrueSatanist
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh...if anything that was my modest proposal of sorts. I definitely wouldn't mind it, but it wouldn't affect me in any way; I've stopped going to the forum a while ago, so I'm definitely not the person to represent the people who would be impacted by this kind of overhaul or anything like that.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
MetalSmasher86  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that most people only play the newer games in the series. 4 GH games (Smash Hits, 5, Van Halen, and Band Hero) and 2 RB games (Beatles Rock Band and Lego Rock Band) have been released since the path index's last update, so updating the index to include the newer games may regenerate interest in pathing the newer songs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalSmasher86 wrote:
I've found that most people only play the newer games in the series. 4 GH games (Smash Hits, 5, Van Halen, and Band Hero) and 2 RB games (Beatles Rock Band and Lego Rock Band) have been released since the path index's last update, so updating the index to include the newer games may regenerate interest in pathing the newer songs.

I agree. I visit the pathing page from time to time, and usually make the time to enter in at least a few paths that I find on PathHero. I'd like to see some sort of statistics, the colors and such, for the new games.

Also, while on the topic of the SP/OD charts, I've been bouncing an idea around:

How about prioritizing what paths we want entered in? It's sort of like: there could be "priority points", which are given to a specific song/difficulty/instrument based on the number of scores submitted for that song, as well as some sort of feature that would allow users to "vote" for which songs they'd like to see paths for. I can't speak for everyone, but I imagine it's a frustrating job entering in paths for these songs without ever knowing if they're even going to be used. This sort of Prioritizing would allow pathers to know that their paths would be used more frequently than just random pathing.

Just a thought of course, I have no idea how well it would work or how practical it is.
atruebassist  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we get more up to date. The featured topic is a preview of GH5. Why? maybe there could be a section for the new RB: Green Day coming out (i don't know exactly when) GameInformer has some great stories and interviews showing upcoming GH and RB games. This site is supposed to be about EVERYTHING to do with the Scorehero community which means: all users (done) and all games (not done). If someone could also figure out a search engine within the site, that'd be cool. I'm sorry but im not smart enough to do this myself. i would totally help but im not on the computer enough to type up a big code document. Im also sorry if it sounds like im demanding. Im just coming up with ideas. if you guys could tell me what to do, ill help! Oh and btw, I missed you guys too! lol
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: l337 caveman
ricecake  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atruebassist wrote:
If someone could also figure out a search engine within the site, that'd be cool. I'm sorry but im not smart enough to do this myself. i would totally help but im not on the computer enough to type up a big code document.

There's already a search engine on the bottom of each page of the wiki. However, it doesn't seem to prioritize the results, and you have to do some manual tweaking to your queries to get good results.

Search Page Help wrote:
Search Tips:

apple banana
Find pages that contain at least one of the two words.

+apple +juice
Find pages that contain both words.

+apple -macintosh
Find pages that contain the word 'apple' but not 'macintosh'.

apple*
Find pages that contain words such as apple, apples, applesauce, or applet.

"some words"
Find pages that contain the exact phrase 'some words' (for example, pages that contain 'some words of wisdom'
but not 'some noise words').

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that probably belongs in this post that I came across on one of those web-trafficking sites - This is the breakdown for SH's subdomains in terms of total Traffic:

SubDomains
scorehero.com 68.2%
rockband.scorehero.com 31.6%
wiki.scorehero.com 0.1%

Taken from the last 3 months! Quite disappointing I would say.

For me there needs to be more reason to go to the wiki rather than just the forum. The only thing I check regualrly is the User Score Stats out of personal interest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: