ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Considering banner page for Wiki

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Considering banner page for Wiki Reply with quote

I'm considering making a banner page explaining what banners are and an index of all Banner makers here. However, does anyone know the origin of banners? I'd like to make a detailed page about banners.

EDIT: I've seen the "FC Club Banners" page but it's only for inv4der and 82erkle. I'd like a full banner page.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Considering banner page for Wiki Reply with quote

BlueTornado wrote:
I'm considering making a banner page explaining what banners are and an index of all Banner makers here. However, does anyone know the origin of banners? I'd like to make a detailed page about banners.

EDIT: I've seen the "FC Club Banners" page but it's only for inv4der and 82erkle. I'd like a full banner page.

Yes, I was considering this, too, and I already started making a table and putting 82erkle's banners in it, until I realized that I got the cod for pictures wrong and I just didn't feel like it.

It would be awesome if somebody could create like this, I would, but my coding and programming knowledge is 0.... so, sorry.

Oh, and I think inv4der was the first to introduce banners to SH.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Considering banner page for Wiki Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:

From #bannerhero (I fully endorse this channel to anyone who has no issues with banners):

1:41 PM `Silly: "Oh, and I think inv4der was the first to introduce banners to SH." confirm/deny
1:41 PM inv4der: It's tricky
1:41 PM SteroidPirate: confirm i thank
1:41 PM inv4der: I'm the first to make them in bulk, and standardized the format
1:42 PM inv4der: but there were a few odd ones here and there before me
1:42 PM inv4der: Mine also popularized the concept
1:43 PM inv4der: for an arguments' sake, I was the first person to truly be an actual banner maker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Considering banner page for Wiki Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
ThunderAlex wrote:

From #bannerhero (I fully endorse this channel to anyone who has no issues with banners):

1:41 PM `Silly: "Oh, and I think inv4der was the first to introduce banners to SH." confirm/deny
1:41 PM inv4der: It's tricky
1:41 PM SteroidPirate: confirm i thank
1:41 PM inv4der: I'm the first to make them in bulk, and standardized the format
1:42 PM inv4der: but there were a few odd ones here and there before me
1:42 PM inv4der: Mine also popularized the concept
1:43 PM inv4der: for an arguments' sake, I was the first person to truly be an actual banner maker

Wait, don't tell me that Silly said the EXACT same thing as me, or couldn't you just remember the quote and copied mine >_>?
So, that's the full history of banners right there. The few "odd" ones... I don't remember any of them, but it can be because I never came even close to the RB side of the forum. It would be awesome if you could actually find a few and post them over here .

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Considering banner page for Wiki Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:
Wait, don't tell me that Silly said the EXACT same thing as me, or couldn't you just remember the quote and copied mine >_>?
Wow, you really don't get it? Silly copied your text after seeing this thread, then inv4der answered it in IRC, then inv4der copy/pasted it to the thread.
/facepalm
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Considering banner page for Wiki Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:
So, that's the full history of banners right there. The few "odd" ones... I don't remember any of them, but it can be because I never came even close to the RB side of the forum. It would be awesome if you could actually find a few and post them over here .

This is the only one I saved. It's actually the one that inspired my general format, the font is off, the icon is a bit too big, but otherwise very similar. This banner is the one that set the size at 300x40.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

January 2007, GH userbars
December 2007, Custom userbars

Now I know these don't serve the same purpose your banners do, but please realize you didn't start this concept, it's been around for years.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well way after inv4der and 82erkle had theirs, I made a topic for L4D banners. Then about 3 days later, the topic of banners for any video game sprouted up. So my little L4D Lemonade Stand topic might have inspired a more broad topic for every video game.
ManOfMrE  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socrstopr wrote:

Now I know these don't serve the same purpose your banners do, but please realize you didn't start this concept, it's been around for years.

I've seen standardized gaming related userbars around since...2003? 2004?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very first "FC Club" banner I remember seeing is when billtvshow FC'd Next to You and made a banner with his face by the screen. I remember thinking "hey that's a cool idea, but I probably shouldn't make one for myself unless its for something insane like NtY..."

I think everybody knows that userbars have been around forever, but I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread is referring specifically to "FC Club" banners.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it, I think billtvshow's was the first one, unless he can come in here and tell us otherwise.
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManOfMrE wrote:
socrstopr wrote:

I've seen standardized gaming related userbars around since...2003? 2004?

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure we're talking only about GH (and I guess RB) here, and none of those were around then.

GuitarHailz wrote:
The very first "FC Club" banner I remember seeing is when billtvshow FC'd Next to You and made a banner with his face by the screen. I remember thinking "hey that's a cool idea, but I probably shouldn't make one for myself unless its for something insane like NtY..."

I think everybody knows that userbars have been around forever, but I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread is referring specifically to "FC Club" banners.

Well, not exactly only "FC Banners", there are banners for other accomplishments, like a "2000+ note streak club" banner. That would make the history of GH banners start in January 2007, just like socrstopr said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: