Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Stepmania?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samling  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Stepmania? Reply with quote

So a few months after upgrading to Vista, I realized that I had forgotten to save all my Stepmania songs (a few hundred), and in thinking that I decided to download Stepmania again. I'm not as good at it as I used to be, but it sure is fun.

Is anyone else here a Stepmania player, or did they use to be?

I also found this video of arch0wl AAAing/indexing Quasar: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uu-9fm5GM-E Anyone know if he happened to pick up any other music games since then? I remember hearing a lot about him and a few others a couple years ago, but I've been out of that scene for a while.
Cyclone  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be pretty big into stepmania. As for Arch0wl... he was the master of any and all music games(like iamchris4life is now) but he was a complete asshole(i met him a couple times online)

Lemme know if you're up to playing some stepmania

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, yes, I do remember hearing Arch0wl was kind of an asshole. That's a shame.

I'm trying to get back into SM now, gotta get back all of my songs (or at least find the keyboard megapack or something), but I'll let you know.
Tetley  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, you don't know me, I just decided to reg up and stick some of my GH and GH2 scores up on the site, and was browsing the forums...I have stepmania, don't play it as much now, but I might be able to get hold of somewhere you can download a fair few tracks...lemme have a look and I'll get back to ya
Matt  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like stepmania, you should get beatmania. I find it to be far more challenging and fun.
Cyclone  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, i have beatmania... and i suck at it. I have beatmania-type games, like DJMAX and o2jam, which i'm good at, but when it comes to that controller, i just suck at it. (small hands = "OMG I CAN'T SPIN!!! THIS IS STUPID!!!" *cut power*)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o2jam?!?! lol i just got that on my comp and its sooo weird and hard! I cant get over the fact that you dont use your pinky and the middle button is the spacebar?! My char's a level 8 haha ^_^
OK, make sure your hands are in go spot to the notes then when you get star power, activate at the right times, also use your whammy thing to get more star power becuase the crowd likes star power and they will grant you 5 stars. also always be looking at the tv screen and dont get distracted
jeffstrife  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: stepmania Reply with quote

yes i have step and i love it, i have more then 3400 songs and im pretty good at it. My stepmania skill far exceeds my guitar hero skill, i havent played step too much since i started playin gh, but im gonna get back into it because i miss it. i use to be able to AA the glass prison, which for those who don't know, is a song from the band Dream Theater. Last time i played the game i got fatigue really quick from it because it was so long since i last played, but after a few days of adjusting i should be back at my prime.. anyone play it and wanna talk to me about the songs they beat? you can email me at jeffstrife@verizon.net
Cyclone  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sightread a AA on the Glass Prison... Song's too long(13 minutes!), too easy, and poorly made. (not to mention i didn't like the song, and its just a weird one to sightread)

well, whatever. We can play over IP if you want.(i think)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty good at SM, got 13p on Lawn Wake IV and 5p on Delirium Oni and stuff like that
RaikouRider  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also play Stepmania, and am working on a Guitar Hero simfile pack for it. Anyone excited about that?

For instance...

Freya
Hackelmania13  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need someone's help. I have SM installed on the computer, and at one point I downloaded a pack of songs all in a folder, but never got around to actually putting them into the game. The problem is, I have no idea how. I tried copy/paste, but ...I'm just lost.

Can someone help?
Awarded to the competiters with the lowest ever score differential in a single play-off bracket. During the semi-finals of the Season 3 playoffs, Hackelmania defeated NineInchNails by 1 point (284,654 vs 284,653) on Rock This Town (Hard) to advance to the finals.
riyunoa  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to unzip the pack with Winzip/WinRAR, then copy and paste into Stepmania/Songs. The thing about this is, the folders have to be in a particular format:

Stepmania/Songs/SongPack/IndividualSongFolder/*all the sm, dwi files etc for that song*

If you copied and pasted that way and it still doesn't work, that's weird. o__o
Phantasia0  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'm that bad, I can get a A on Fury of the Storm, Cry of the Brave, and AAA Delirium 1.2.
Cyclone  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i'm going to be playing stepmania more now. I want some people to play with without having to worry about getting back on stepmaniaonline.(i hate everybody there now, but i occasionally get on to download songs)

Let me know if you want to play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: