ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bunch of question to any Expert drummer out their.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digidevil4  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Bunch of question to any Expert drummer out their. Reply with quote

I been playing for some time now, moving into expert was wandering about a few things.

1. Should I be sitting higher or lower then my drum pads, Atm I sorta sit pretty high, not sure how that effects how I play.
2. AzuriteReaction has a black strip on his beat stick, is there any reason for that?
3. Whats the best way to pedal?, atm I use both feet, one to hold the pedal and the front of the other to pedal.
4. Is it worth getting a second pedal?, all I have is WT atm.
5. How hard can I actually hit the pads, I sometimes wander if im hitting them to hard on the hardnotes.
6. If I hit the Hard and soft notes all Hard do I still get the extra points for the hard notes?
7. Is Expert+ harder except for more foot pedals?
8. What do you think is the hardest song in GHWT?, im sorta thinking hot for teacher or that NOFX song.

any answers would be great

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) It's all really preference. There's no right or wrong height, nut I'd recommend having the lowest pads [red and green] higher than your knees.

2) If by beat stick you mean drum stick, then no, there's no reason. I think it might be black duct tape, but I'm not sure.

3) I'm not quite sure what you mean there. I'd recommend hitting the bass pedal just like Azuritereaction [or any other drummers, really].

4) If you only have World Tour then no, there's no reason to get a second bass pedal.

5) As long as you aren't beating the living shit out of the pads you should be fine.

6) I'm not sure.

7) No. The only difference between expert and expert+ is the fact that on expert+ double bass is charted.

8) I don't have the game anymore, but from what I remember Hot for Teacher gave me the most trouble.

Also, your signature is too large. It's allowed to be at a maximum of 170 pixels tall and 800 wide.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yur0wnStupidity
digidevil4  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kk thnx for reply, just resized my sig. Imma observe how some people pedal on youtube.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For armoured ("hard") notes, you only have to hit above a certain velocity, so if, like me >_>, you always hit the pads above that velocity, yes you will get the 1.5x bonus.
Cheezbrgr  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont use 2 feet on one pedal, just use one, otherwise you will never able to do double bass pedal fast or cleanly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Should I be sitting higher or lower then my drum pads, Atm I sorta sit pretty high, not sure how that effects how I play.

It's mostly preference but on a real kit, the snare rim should be just above your knee, and that feels comfortable on GH kit for me too.

2. AzuriteReaction has a black strip on his beat stick, is there any reason for that?

Grip possibly? Other than that I'm not sure.

3. Whats the best way to pedal?, atm I use both feet, one to hold the pedal and the front of the other to pedal.

I use one foot and heel up. Using yourother foot to stop it sliding doesn't matter, but maybe try and get a patch of carpet or someting to stop that.

4. Is it worth getting a second pedal?, all I have is WT atm.

If all you have is WT then not really - you'll just get better at one foot by not using it.

5. How hard can I actually hit the pads, I sometimes wander if im hitting them to hard on the hardnotes.

Try to hit the pads quite soft and a bit harder on accent notes. Never hit uncontrollably hard. I'm not sure whether you've been taught the correct grip yet but if not look up some videos. You should use a loose grip with mainly your index finger and thumb gripping. This will help you hit softer and more controllably.

6. If I hit the Hard and soft notes all Hard do I still get the extra points for the hard notes?

I think so yeah.

7. Is Expert+ harder except for more foot pedals?

As far as I know all it adds are the extra bass notes.

8. What do you think is the hardest song in GHWT?, im sorta thinking hot for teacher or that NOFX song.

Hardest song including DLC is "Anything" but hardest non-DLC is probably something like Assassin. It depends on whether you mean hard to pass, had to 5* or hard to FC because they'll all have different answers. Also it depends on your weaknesses. For example, if you can't do fast hi-hat with one hand then Dammit may be your hardest song, or Everlong if you can't do 16th note hi-hats very well.
RndmPrsnViola95  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You should sit just a little bit lower than your drum kit

2. I really dont know, probably grip or something

3. Anchor the pedal with your heel and press the pedal with your whole foot I guess

4. Unless you're planning on doing Expert+ on GHM or GHSH then probably not

5. You can't really hit it too hard on the hard notes. Hit softer on non-accented notes and hit harder on accented notes.

6. Yeah you do

7. Expert+ only adds extra bass pedal, nothing else.

8. Depends on your weaknesses. Overall, Anything by An Endless Sporadic is probably the hardest song in the game.

Ampliify  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think Purple Haze or Pull Me Under are the hardest songs on WT. But thats just for me. Good luck bro.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ampliify wrote:
I honestly think Purple Haze or Pull Me Under are the hardest songs on WT. But thats just for me. Good luck bro.

Purple Haze yeah, but Pull Me Under isn't that hard once you get the rhythm. Hot For Teacher is way harder.

snake123  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. When I used to play drums I loved playing with the R + G pad is level with my knee as this helped me with speed and movements but most people will say have it above. Or you could just sit however you like xD

2. I'd say thats design, maybe grip?

3. I usually rest my foot on the pedal and move my ANKLE rather than my foot, takes alot of practise as if you don't practise and go straight into playing really hard songs on expert it will hurt your ankle alot.

4. Depends what you need it for and how good you are at playing :P

5. As hard as you like, just dont go over the top as you could break your sticks (I know I did xD - I was playing drain you aswell, that sucks) but for really fast notes just lighten up a little bit so you can bring in speed and not tense up

6. I'm not sure what you mean :S

7. Only extra bass notes

8. Hot for teacher I could never EVER do xD Most people have the same problem
Muckytears  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheezbrgr wrote:
Dont use 2 feet on one pedal, just use one, otherwise you will never able to do double bass pedal fast or cleanly

unless you have blindz0r feets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: