ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Smash Hits Case
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gio  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero Smash Hits Case Reply with quote

So i just received the smash hits i ordered online.I open it up as it was brand new and when i open the case.I realize that it is not like all the other cases i have.This case only has 3 rings in the middle while others have 4.I tried to take out the game but it is not as easy to take out as my other 360 games.So my question is "Is anyone else's Smash Hits case like this?" I took a picture to show you guys what it looks like:

Edit:Also is there anyway to easily take the disc out because when i try to take it out i have to force it out and it feels like it will crack in half.
Medimal  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any standard DVD case has 3 prongs instead of 4.

Looks like they have just standardized the design.

As for getting it out I usually just push down in the middle and release.

as the prongs come back up they lift the disk out so you can just grab it.

No real force should be required not even enough to flex the disk let alone break it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is kind of odd, though.... I wonder why they changed it. Not that it breaks my heart, or anyting.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
prognostics  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to know I'm not the only one who realized this.

The ones on the Wii are like this.
Yes, I play on the wii.
xxtimetokillxx  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A copy of Fallout 3 (360) I picked up had these. Sacred 2 (360) however which I picked up the same day did not. My smash hits case does not have this.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: XxTimetoKillxX PSN Name: XxTimetokillxX
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My RB2 disc broke because of this new design, you gotta be extra careful with these ones
valioso  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you press in the middle and it pops right out.. at least mine does
GunmetalAngel  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero Smash Hits Case Reply with quote

I don't know, cases variate, I just don't care and don't usually notice the rings.

I'm collecting the best custom songs, via video quality and sound. Here's my playlist so far. Suggestions? Comment me.
Brandon007  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My case only has 2 prongs .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: johnlennon007 PSN Name: mrjohnlennon007
xKENSEIx  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice would be, carefully get the game out of that horrible case, and then swap case with a game that you never play or are thinking of trading in soon (Obviously, it should have a decent case).

I don't think I've ever had one of those cases, but my Greatest Hits is in a case that I dislike. I can't really explain it, but if you look on the side of the case (The side the case opens on), there will be no plastic sticking out of the middle. I hate those cases!
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones with only two things are the the best ones. They pop the disc out the easiest.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xKENSEIx wrote:
My advice would be, carefully get the game out of that horrible case, and then swap case with a game that you never play or are thinking of trading in soon (Obviously, it should have a decent case).

I don't think I've ever had one of those cases, but my Greatest Hits is in a case that I dislike. I can't really explain it, but if you look on the side of the case (The side the case opens on), there will be no plastic sticking out of the middle. I hate those cases!

Or just find a blank CD case of any kind.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero Smash Hits Case Reply with quote

Gio wrote:
I took a picture to show you guys what it looks like:

LOL , you named the image "ohhai024a.jpg" .

I'm collecting the best custom songs, via video quality and sound. Here's my playlist so far. Suggestions? Comment me.
Smike  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox appears to be experimenting with new case designs. My GH:Metallica case has two prongs shaped like a Pepsi logo (which sucks) and my copy of MLB 2K9 has one gigantic square shaped one, that doesn't even press in or allow the disc to slide. I refuse to put any disc back in that case, and instead use a clear CD case for it.

I don't know why they stopped using the standard one that every game prior to this year used, but they need to go back to it. All of these design changes are terrible and make it very difficult to remove the disc without breaking it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smike wrote:
Xbox appears to be experimenting with new case designs. My GH:Metallica case has two prongs shaped like a Pepsi logo (which sucks) and my copy of MLB 2K9 has one gigantic square shaped one, that doesn't even press in or allow the disc to slide. I refuse to put any disc back in that case, and instead use a clear CD case for it.

I don't know why they stopped using the standard one that every game prior to this year used, but they need to go back to it. All of these design changes are terrible and make it very difficult to remove the disc without breaking it.

Oh where do I start with this? I've had the exact same issue. I have two games that just have a big giant circle in the middle with NOTHING to push down against, and I almost have to break the disc in half in order to get these games out. It looks like a big circle (or square) with a big number 1 in the middle. It's on my cases for Tomb Raider Anniversary and Race Pro on the Xbox 360, at least my copies came with it. I'm almost wanting to put the discs in a CD case of some sort, because I don't want to risk breaking the disc every time I want to play these games. By the way, if anyone has any games in these types of cases, how exactly are you supposed to get them out? Is there something I'm missing here? I would think that pressing on the button would do it, but no, not on these evil cases.

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: