ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Mario Party
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Mario Party Reply with quote

What's everybody's opinion of the Mario Party series, and what's everyone's favorite out of the series? Any funny Mario Party stories to share (I'll let BigE share ours)?

I personally enjoy Mario Party 7 the best. Although I don't think any of the games are fun with 1 to 2 players, I feel that the games are insanely fun with 3 or more.

I'd also like to add that there is NOTHING worse than losing at Mario Party. I feel like that game can take the best of friends and turn them into bitter enemies. And when things go wrong in the game, things REALLY go wrong, and you just get completely crapped on. Then you just kinda sit there and sulk watching everyone win.

One time I played with my friend, his girlfriend, and his little brother, and we brilliantly decided to play Mario Party 7 for 50 ROUNDS. IT TOOK 5 AND A HALF HOURS. I ended up winning (which I usually don't) mostly because people landed on my spaces where Boo came and stole their stars for me. My friend beat his head against a post in his basement because he was so depressed and angry that he lost.

Anyone else with any simliar experiences?

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it a pretty fun game. Although, Penny Arcade didn't.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/01/29

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one of the most excellent cartoons I have ever read.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, what an awesome comic. I remember when me, my brother and two friends would play 50 round matches ALL the time. I remember vividly when I was in a 3-on-1 match, them vs. me, and it was a rowboat game where you had to rotate the N64 analog stick (you know, the one with the ridges) clockwise as fast as possible. I won of course, but at the end I looked at the middle of my hand and I burned away a few layers of skin. Ha, my friends were looking at me like I was a freak. Good times...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love the Mario Party series. I don't know why it's criticized so harshly...it's the perfect party game.

I think my personal favorite was 3. It introduced Daisy and Waluigi and had one of my favorite things ever: Duel mode. I don't know why I loved it so much, but I was highly entertained by that. Not to mention...the inclusion of a Story mode kicked ass, since all my friends hated me beating them at it.

If we have another SH meet, somebody HAS to bring Mario Party. And I'd have to be able to attend that one...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:
Oh man, what an awesome comic. I remember when me, my brother and two friends would play 50 round matches ALL the time. I remember vividly when I was in a 3-on-1 match, them vs. me, and it was a rowboat game where you had to rotate the N64 analog stick (you know, the one with the ridges) clockwise as fast as possible. I won of course, but at the end I looked at the middle of my hand and I burned away a few layers of skin. Ha, my friends were looking at me like I was a freak. Good times...

This is exactly what I was gonna say . I only think I ever played the first Mario Party but when we got it, we played it hardcore for weeks. Me and all my friends had these gross blisters in the palms of our hands for quite awhile. We actually ended up having to wear gloves because it was getting so bad.

Off-topic... but I also got really bad blisters on my thumbs because of the boxing minigame in Ape Escape. If you've ever played it seriously and really tried to beat it, then you should know what I'm talking about.
- Fear Before The March Of Flames
BigE  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a great game when you have a lot of friends. Other than that it's a waste of money.

Things that bother me are assholes like Jhet. Meaning he will go out of his way to make me lose (b/c i always win). Such as: The guy in first place will have 2 stars and 30 coins. And I will have 1 star and 50 coins. And he will purposefully steal the star from me....rather than the guy in first place.

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
Nulien  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played all 3 of the N64 ones, and one of the GC ones... 5 or 6, I don't remember which.

Aside from the blisters on my palm from the joystick spinning minigames, I'd say 1 was my favorite. I like 3 too (it's the only one I currently own).
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Sigh*

I remember when Mario Party was good. Way way back at Mario Party 2 and 3. 2 and 3 pwned. 3 had this one mode that I loved, it might have been duel I can't remember, hell I can't even remember what you did in it but I loved it.

Then 4 came out which was eh. Then 5 was pretty bad. Then 6 sucked. And 7 made me think about gouging out my eyes.

I swear to god, they ruined it. They made your opponent get a massive boosts if you are pwning them so unless you purposely suck for a while then you don't have a chance to win (yeah that makes perfect sense). Plus they just add too many things to it to make it "more" interesting, where I think it makes it less.

Seriously, I don't need an effing microphone.

Hopefully 8 will be good, since I haven't purchased a Mario Party since 3 (only reason I know of 4-7 was my sister buys them).
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigE wrote:
it's a great game when you have a lot of friends. Other than that it's a waste of money.

Things that bother me are assholes like Jhet. Meaning he will go out of his way to make me lose (b/c i always win). Such as: The guy in first place will have 2 stars and 30 coins. And I will have 1 star and 50 coins. And he will purposefully steal the star from me....rather than the guy in first place.

NO, tell the freaking story about Richard and the thwomp!!! You telling the story will be MUCH more hilarious!!

Armageddon  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SynysterGates wrote:
This is exactly what I was gonna say . I only think I ever played the first Mario Party but when we got it, we played it hardcore for weeks. Me and all my friends had these gross blisters in the palms of our hands for quite awhile. We actually ended up having to wear gloves because it was getting so bad.

Off-topic... but I also got really bad blisters on my thumbs because of the boxing minigame in Ape Escape. If you've ever played it seriously and really tried to beat it, then you should know what I'm talking about.

If you mean by seriously played it, that I got every monkey (yes, EVERY monkey), then yes. Man that boxing game was fun... Also, I do recall wearing some gauze so that I wouldn't hurt my blister.

BigE, I know how you feel. Though it's a little different for me, because they had no choice but to take stars from me considering I was always in first place.

JHet, that's just low.......................................................................................................................................seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly...it's a dick move.

and I don't feel like telling the Thwomp story....you do it. "Hey Stinky!"

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
SantaApe  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Party 3 and 4 were my favourites.

As a side note, my favourite item was the dueling glove.
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 and 4 are probably my favorite, but I've never played anything past 4.

The first one can DIAF...I had the scars from that game for quite awhile...ended up wearing gloves most of the time while playing.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:

The first one can DIAF...I had the scars from that game for quite awhile...ended up wearing gloves most of the time while playing.

Bahaha, I remember it leaving a huge mark on my hand but I was never driven to the point of wearing gloves. Hilarious.

Anyway, I just started playing 3 again today on an emulator and man I forgot how fun it is! I'll have to check out 4...I need a good multiplayer game for my Cube still.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: