ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Potential feature for song path pages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Potential feature for song path pages Reply with quote

I'm no programmer, so I have no idea whether this would actually be feasible or not, but I was wondering if it would somehow be possible to incorporate estimated scores from Bradleyzoo and data from the ScoreHero leaderboards for the song path pages. This could be used (for the early games, anyway), to provide the ranking one would acquire with perfect execution of each path. This would give players a general idea of how hard a each path is to execute, which is very helpful in determining which path to attempt. In GH3 especially, it can be very difficult to determine this from squeeze ratings alone, which can be inaccurate when things like sustain-shortening and tick bursts are taken into account.

For example, the page for 3's & 7's could look something like this:

Code:
Star Power Path | Estimated Score | Projected Global Rank
---------------------------------------------------------
no SP           | 323152          | 4989th
Lazy Whammy     | 399624          | 1007th
No Squeeze      | 406992          | 81st
20% Squeeze     | 407372          | 57th
40% Squeeze     | 407584          | 19th
60% Squeeze     | 407784          | 9th
80% Squeeze     | 408380          | 1st
100% Squeeze    | 408384          | 1st

Ideally, there would be a way for these to automatically update every time somebody inputs a score on ScoreHero, but as I said, I have no idea how much of this would actually be possible. I hope it is, though, because I know there's been a fair amount of discussion recently on how to increase Wiki usage, and this is one thing that I would definitely use if it were there.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a great idea. And more than just what paths would give you which ranking, that could be an off-branch of something that showed the total distribution of scores for each song.

One thing I think that the Wiki is lacking that would definately help with usage is visuals. The way I see it, the Wiki would be a perfect place to have massive amounts of data like that represented. If we were to have a graph that was divided into point partitions (every 1k, 10k, w/e) and then a bar or something representing the amount of score within that range, it would be a great way of seeing, visually, how the community is scoring.

Of course, for something as specific as you are suggesting, we may add an input for the top 10k or so to show the exact range that you're looking for in detail. Like you, I have pretty much no programming experience, but if you found some way to start doing this, I'd be more than willing to help you.

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Personally, I can't wait for March 20th: Blowjob, steak, and shut the fuck up day.
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea too, but I dont know how hard it would be to update it every score. Maybe every day.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
I like this idea too, but I dont know how hard it would be to update it every score. Maybe every day.

Even then, if the whole system were to update every day, it would take too long. Look at what they do with the User Score Statistics: Every week. This would be re-querrying the same amount of imformation every time as well.

If we could find a method to recognize exactly where scores were changed to affect the rank, or a way to count the ranks as they slip down, individually, that would be more effective, and it wouldn't have to re-draw the entire board every time.

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Personally, I can't wait for March 20th: Blowjob, steak, and shut the fuck up day.
Graf  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very intriguing idea. I think it could work pretty well if someone coded it out, but at the same time it seems like an "interesting, but not necessary" piece of information, in my opinion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: