Songs That have Broken you Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
Fhdra wrote:
How does a song make you cry?

You're way too cool for this topic. Clearly.

I'm just wondering. I don't think any song has ever gotten me that emotional...

b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cried last night when Avenged Sevenfold played So Far Away live, that song is just full of emotion and you can see it in their eyes he emotion that goes into that song.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mountain Goats - You Were Cool

Jeff Mangum - Two Headed Boy Part 2

Those are the two I can really remember right now >_>

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:

I'm just wondering. I don't think any song has ever gotten me that emotional...

Clearly what is true for you is not necessarily true for others. I personally think you're missing out.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it, add another song to my list.
Speechless by Lady Gaga. I don't even know why, but my biology homework is now covered in tears and I'll have to do it again to stop my teacher thinking I'm some kind of emo pansy Oh wait, I just cried at a Lady Gaga song. Pretty true really. It's just a shame it goes straight into Dance in the Dark, which kind if kills the emotion.
But seriously, I'm actually in need of tissues now.

Goddamn, here's 2 more. I am FRAGILE today.
The Raven King by Killing Joke. It's about Paul Raven, their old bassist and it's pretty much a song celebrating his life and everything he stood for.
And Otis Redding's Try A Little Tenderness.
I love this song, just a shame I break down into tears everytime i hear it, and its the final song in my examination play for my A-Level, while I do a monologue over it. Well, try to.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I can't remember ever crying, these songs can be very touching especially when in the right mood.

The Scientist - Cover by The Ineloquent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbGf5CLE36Q
The Weight - The Band
What It's Like - Everlast
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porcupine Tree - Lazarus.

This song came up on shuffle on my Ipod and seriously did bring a tear to my eye at multiple points. Hell I cried like a baby when I saw them play this live. To say it's the most beautiful of all Porcupine Tree songs is saying quite alot, but I'll stand by it anyday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jtc4dF721g
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
Goddamn, here's 2 more. I am FRAGILE today.

Sting - "Fragile"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
FlyingMonkeysWii  

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Count of Tuscany always finds a way to break me down. I don't know why... it just does.

B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful by Eminem just came really close. That outro is one of the most beautiful guitar solos I've ever heard, and it's in a rap song. Wow. Nice Paul Rogers sampling too. Seriously though, I was really close to breaking down.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Coheed And Cambria last night and they started with an acoustic. Pretty much all of that was making me pretty sad. Espescialy when they played Wake Up, It was really making me wish my girl was there and It kinda made me start to tear up.
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llamaman2 wrote:
The Weight - The Band
Oh shit, this too. The song is fucking amazing.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killermonkey wrote:
Just saw Coheed And Cambria last night and they started with an acoustic. Pretty much all of that was making me pretty sad. Espescialy when they played Wake Up, It was really making me wish my girl was there and It kinda made me start to tear up.

Yeah, same here. Maybe it was all the smoke in my eyes, but the acoustic set of that C&C show was very moving, and I can't even say I'm a big fan of the band.

As for songs that break me down, The Gambler by fun. never fails. It's not necessarily sad, but rather bittersweet... anything that makes me think about how short and precious life is makes me shed a tear. It makes me think about how my parents must feel, or how I'll feel in another 30 years.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
HFactorX  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might sound extremely nerdy but a lot of old SNES game music has broken me down.(Most notably Stickerbrush Symphony from Donkey Kong Country 2) Just because of the fond memories it produced and because it is perhaps one of the greatest tragedies of the human condition that we should ever grow up to lose that spark of magic associated with early childhood but it seems to be an inherent biological truth. I think back to games like Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World and know for a fact I will never experience the world through the eyes of a 5-year-old again. sigh.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
As for songs that break me down, The Gambler by fun. never fails. It's not necessarily sad, but rather bittersweet... anything that makes me think about how short and precious life is makes me shed a tear. It makes me think about how my parents must feel, or how I'll feel in another 30 years.

I have a friend who's really into them. He's in his 50s with grown-up kids who've left home... have a guess what effect that song has on him.

ANYWAY

I don't think it's ever actually broken me down, but why the fuck do TV shows think it's a great idea to have 'No Surprises' by Radiohead or 'Everybody Hurts' by REM playing over sad or shocking scenes? Particularly the former, on the opening sequence of House season 6 episode 1. If you've seen it, you'll know the one I mean. Jesus fuck.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31

Jump to: