Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fitter happier
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HFactorX wrote:
This might sound extremely nerdy but a lot of old SNES game music has broken me down.(Most notably Stickerbrush Symphony from Donkey Kong Country 2) Just because of the fond memories it produced and because it is perhaps one of the greatest tragedies of the human condition that we should ever grow up to lose that spark of magic associated with early childhood but it seems to be an inherent biological truth. I think back to games like Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World and know for a fact I will never experience the world through the eyes of a 5-year-old again. sigh.

That's not too nerdy. I can totally relate. To be honest all of the SNES music makes me think of my friends who have either moved far away or otherwise lost contact (or in one tragic case, passed away). I remember playing Mario Kart and Donkey Kong with those people all through elementary school and middle school, and that classic music brings back an outrageous amount of good and yet sad memories...

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Prequel  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grtJ-nXMwxo
<3 How i feel right now .
(For those who don't click the link its Until the End- Breaking Benjamin)
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Long and Winding Road by The Beatles
Tears by Rush
Lazarus by Porcupine Tree
Ghost Rider by Rush

Stays in my signature until another Rush album comes out as DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Necro bump.
I recently stumbled across this version of Hallelujah covered by some random duet called Skeye. Really really brilliant cover that made me feel a bit emotional when I first heard it.
Utter linkage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, Adam Lambert's version of Mad World, Best of You, and Wheels by Foo Fighters. Those tend to get the emotional juices flowing.

But of course, from a "selecting songs that jibe with the spirit of the occasion" standpoint. But that'd be too easy, and does not scratch my abritrary "supremely idiotic query that perhaps only ScoreHero may know the answer to" itch.
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7JvL2ap3Cg

The actual song starts around 0:23. Some people on here may be familiar with this.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to Lose by Billy Talent. I don't know, at some point when I was depressed last year, alone in my room, I kept listening to it over and over frantically until the tears came and wouldn't go. The same thing happened to me over Warmness on the Soul by Avenged Sevenfold, which I must have listened to over a thousand times. I used to be so lonely, with first love and friendzone shit, whatever.

Lately, I was listening to Stand Up and Run by Billy Talent and suddenly paid attention to the lyrics. The bridge got me really emotional, and every time I tried to sing along after that it would almost make me cry. Just thinking about it right now gives me shivers. It used to remind me my girlfriend being far away from me and made me think that I didn't want our relationship to be ruined by the distance. I know everything's going to be alright because it'll be over in a few months, and we'll finally get to live together.

About a week ago, after I dropped her at the bus stop, I was listening to Love of my Life by Queen in my car, and then I realized that I wouldn't see her again until February. I literally burst up in tears. I hope she's having fun where she is, and most of all, I hope she's alright and not putting herself in trouble or anything. I can't wait to see her again and talk to her again.

Well, this was Undead being emotional at ~3:45 AM. :')

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot this thread existed, what a great thread.

I have a new one. Ten by Yellowcard off their newest album makes me unbearably sad, it's hard not to cry every time (though definitely pick up the album, it's great). "Dear Bobbie" was sad too on Paper Walls, but it was that happy kind of sad. The "we had a great life" kind, similar to the whole beginning sequence of Up. Ten is just... too upsetting, I can't handle it.

It just hits waaay too close to home. If you don't like Yellowcard, at least read the lyrics and you can put two and two together as for why it is so sad...

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pearl Jam - Better Man

every single time.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change by Blind Melon

This whole album has a bittersweet feel just because of the singer's passing, but this one in particular gets me every time.
Kathya  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the House, In a Heartbeat

Getting immersed in it always gives me an addicting sense of hopelessness.
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna lie, the ending of Dark Side of Me/Lead in into 2's My Favorite 1 off of Coheed's latest album is what finally broke me down on the overall sad story of Sirius Amory.

Because shit, that album is depressing as fuck.

micho  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seasons in the sun/ Terry Jacks, does it every time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Million Miles Away by Rory Gallagher.

For perspective, I moved 500 miles north to Scotland for university. My mum has a back tattoo of this album cover with my name worked into it. We used to listen to that album and just let an hour pass us by.

I miss her. I've seen her for 5 days since I moved here in September last year. It's hard.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: