SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The pokemon Comatose theory?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karatechess  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sedron wrote:
Is it really believable that the writing staff wrote up season upon season of repetitive "catching-them-all" with the hopes of someday saying "Heh, screw you all who actually watched this show through! It was all a dream?"

Bob Newhart ended his second series kind of like this. You had to have known about the first series he had to understand that that's what that was, but still, that's kind of how he ended it. (What!?!? A 14 year old knows about Bob Newhart's TV series? lol)
Qarx  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sedron wrote:
microgamer2vs2 wrote:
Actually, that's exactly what he's referring to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPXtir65p40 Although it's not an anime.

EDIT: I realize your post might've been sarcastic, but since this is Gen Chat we can't delete posts :/ maybe I'll think of something else to put here.

I wasn't being sarcastic; I was genuinely confused. I've never played SMB2 through and didn't know it ended that way, although that ending might be due to the game being a redone version of a completely different Japanese game for sale in America in the stead of the Lost Levels. And no, it does not fit the criteria for being a show, which is moreso what I was aiming for. Playing a game through to find out "it was all a dream," can range from mildly annoying to frustrating, but for a show that's ran as long as Poke'mon to end that way would piss-off a lot of people, I'd imagine.

Reminds me of the two-part episode of Family Guy where Stewie kills Lois, and we find out in the end it was only a "simulation", and Stewie and Brian discuss it.

I'd try to post a link, but I can't. Stupid Internet Channel >_>

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Chubbly457  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is very interesting. Like many other people in this thread, my mind is blown.

I play real guitar too. :P
drewbles  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually read this through and I must admit I was quite interested. What really struck my attention was this paragraph:
Quote:
Mr. Mime is actually a stand in for Ash's father, one that can't emotionally abuse him or his mom. He is a Pokémon, a peace loving creature that's oddly humanoid, but that can never hurt a human. Ash's was never really hurt by a Pokémon, so he sees them all as harmless; whereas, in the real world they may be quite feral or vicious (as seen in the early episodes). Again falling back to the theory that the only real Pokémon are the ones from the first season, and everything else is just further speculation coming from his mind on what new species would look like.
It makes me wonder then, is there really 150 Original 1st Series Pokemon? Considering Ash encountered Ho-oh flying over his town before he fell into this so-called coma?

This whole concept makes a lot of sense to me. I was a big fan of the 1st series of Pokemon. So I remember most of the episodes even from when I was a younger boy. It all seems like Ash is living in a dream world, Kind of like Tidus in Final Fantasy X. I honestly am I big fan of this theory. It is definitely something to think about.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drewbles wrote:
I actually read this through and I must admit I was quite interested. What really struck my attention was this paragraph:
Quote:
Mr. Mime is actually a stand in for Ash's father, one that can't emotionally abuse him or his mom. He is a Pokémon, a peace loving creature that's oddly humanoid, but that can never hurt a human. Ash's was never really hurt by a Pokémon, so he sees them all as harmless; whereas, in the real world they may be quite feral or vicious (as seen in the early episodes). Again falling back to the theory that the only real Pokémon are the ones from the first season, and everything else is just further speculation coming from his mind on what new species would look like.
It makes me wonder then, is there really 150 Original 1st Series Pokemon? Considering Ash encountered Ho-oh flying over his town before he fell into this so-called coma?

This whole concept makes a lot of sense to me. I was a big fan of the 1st series of Pokemon. So I remember most of the episodes even from when I was a younger boy. It all seems like Ash is living in a dream world, Kind of like Tidus in Final Fantasy X. I honestly am I big fan of this theory. It is definitely something to think about.

Could Ho-oh also be part of the coma in theory? I'd think if he fell into a coma that it's possible he didn't wake up at all after the lightningstrike and that his waking up with Pikachu immediately afterwards was part of his imagination.
Raen  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sedron wrote:
Could Ho-oh also be part of the coma in theory? I'd think if he fell into a coma that it's possible he didn't wake up at all after the lightningstrike and that his waking up with Pikachu immediately afterwards was part of his imagination.

Well, that would certainly explain why no one came to investigate the catastrophic column of lightning. I mean really, no one noticed that? And I guess the appearance of Ho-Oh could be the first bit of something truly out of the ordinary happening to Ash, who finds himself fighting alongside these legendary Pokemon throughout the series (right place, right time? lolno).
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, this is too well thought out to be true. I like this theory, it was a nice read, it totally makes sense, but...... no.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
jetaketa  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, this was an amazing read.

Second, Dallas had killed off one of their lead characters, the ratings dropped, and then all of a sudden he was in the shower and it was as if his wife had been dreaming the whole thing, and he was back.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt read anything i just saw lightning and such\...so your saying everything in pokemon episodes were a dream? or....i never watched pokemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to the article, damn son...

and question, so gary really wanted to be a professor??? (I don't watch the series anymore)

(It sucks that I'll never be able to play my own custom )
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
In my opinion, this is too well thought out to be true. I like this theory, it was a nice read, it totally makes sense, but...... no.

This. It's just an anime for kids. This theory is just the result of somebody being extremely bored. The fact that Joy & Jenny look the same in every town is meant to be funny, and it is IMO. And Brock failing is funny, too. It can't be Ash's sexuality, although it is well thought out, there are 2 reasons that it can't be:
1)Ash is 10. There's no way he's in puberty yet;
2)This is an anime for kids. Kids that aren't in puberty, either. That also explains why everything is "perfect" Ash's world. He's the main character, and kids couldn't bear if something bad happens in the cartoon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
freakinalex  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. This was waaay too heavy to read at 8:30 in the morning.

The rest of my day is going to be a total mindfuck because of this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really cool theory and an awesome read. Obviously it's over-analyzed but that is what makes it interesting, that someone can come up with a theory like this that works perfectly. Pretty ingenious if you ask me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:
UndeadFil13QC wrote:

This. It's just an anime for kids. This theory is just the result of somebody being extremely bored. The fact that Joy & Jenny look the same in every town is meant to be funny, and it is IMO. And Brock failing is funny, too. It can't be Ash's sexuality, although it is well thought out, there are 2 reasons that it can't be:
2)This is an anime for kids. Kids that aren't in puberty, either. That also explains why everything is "perfect" Ash's world. He's the main character, and kids couldn't bear if something bad happens in the cartoon.

That's actually what I was thinking when I got to the sexuality parts. A 10-year-old boy has any kind of sexuality? Really ?

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
ThunderAlex wrote:
UndeadFil13QC wrote:

That's actually what I was thinking when I got to the sexuality parts. A 10-year-old boy has any kind of sexuality? Really ?

If I remember correctly (and it's been a long time) I could've sworn he was 12-13 age. The Sexuality is legit, and the way he explains it makes sense.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: