ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
99 - 99 - 97 - Fail -- TTFAF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stargategod  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: 99 - 99 - 97 - Fail -- TTFAF Reply with quote

So I love dragonforce, and always when I hear their songs tap to myself the drum beat and I can always keep up no problem. So I really only play TTFAF on drums Expert+ and come to this problem. When I do practice, I get the following percentages:

Slowest: 99%
Slower: 99%
Slow: 97%
Real Time: Fail

Is there a way to play it faster than slow but slower than full speed? My full speed percentage in practice is around 60-70 but not enough to pass. Anyone know what I can do?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No there is not. Full speed is100% speed and Slow is 83% speed. But on Rock Band, you can practice at speeds at 10% intervals.
stargategod  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know all of that, im not a noob. I was wondering if there was some sort of hack or cheat that allowed smaller increments.
Blackadder18  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately there is no cheat to unlock smaller increments in practice mode.

However, if you have GH:Metallica, you would of noticed there is quite a handful of Expert+ songs on there. No doubt some on there on various speeds (or full speed) in practice mode are faster than slow on TTFAF but still slow enough that you can keep up. Just practice those songs until you can build up speed/endurance.

If you don't have Metallica or aren't having trouble with endurance/speed, disregard my last paragraph. :P
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Blackadder18
SpoonPerson245  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but no. There is no cheat to make charts slower.

Find out what's troubling you in the song. Seeing that you only play TTFaF, try other songs that might improve on your skills
thesentence  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the bass pattern down then focus on the hands. Keep up a good speed and don't tense up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
No there is not. Full speed is100% speed and Slow is 83% speed. But on Rock Band, you can practice at speeds at 10% intervals.

well thank god ttfaf is on rockband...
zeMONUMENTAL  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are any parts that are slightly slower than another part of another song (Raining Blood), you could then put the part on the other song on slow and it will be between Slow and Full speeds for TTFAF.

Jordan - 4*
TTFAF - 4*
Constant Motion - 5*
50 FC''s [Bleed It Out]
60 FC''s []
FC''s - 56 (Listen To Her Heart)
-1''s - Far too many
RndmPrsnViola95  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I remember something like this used to plague me when I played the
TTFAF intro on guitar. Try using hyperspeed. It helped me a whole lot.

yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you can remake the pattern in the Music Studio, start the BPM at the slow speed (83% of 200, or 166) and slowly increase the BPM after each run until you can get consistent at 180. Then, go play Full Speed. The Music Studio makes a great practice tool in situations like this. It takes awhile to load, but you must put effort in to get results out :P

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackadder18 wrote:
However, if you have GH:Metallica, you would of noticed there is quite a handful of Expert+ songs on there. No doubt some on there on various speeds (or full speed) in practice mode are faster than slow on TTFAF but still slow enough that you can keep up. Just practice those songs until you can build up speed/endurance.

In GHM I can think of Disposable Heroes and All Nightmare Long, both on full speed. They're just a little bit slower than TTFAF. In GHSH you could try Caught In A Mosh and Raining Blood, but on Slow.

Or simply listen to yksi-kaksi-kolme; use the GHMix.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Blackadder18 wrote:

In GHM I can think of Disposable Heroes and All Nightmare Long, both on full speed. They're just a little bit slower than TTFAF. In GHSH you could try Caught In A Mosh and Raining Blood, but on Slow.

Or simply listen to yksi-kaksi-kolme; use the GHMix.

From my FCs, I found the fastest double bass in GHM scales from Disposable Heroes, Fight Fire With Fire, Battery, All Nightmare Long, and then to Dyer's Eve, War Ensemble (Only FC'd the first 2 though lol ) In my opinion, the best way to practice the double bass is to do Fade to Black for endurance, maybe moving on to Evil or Shortest Straw, and if you want to work on bursts, go for One. I did tons of practice on GHM x+ before GHSH, so RaBl and TTFAF came pretty easily to me.

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
stargategod  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for replying. Here's the thing: If i do the main TTFAF rhythm for an extended period of time, I find myself ending up switching the beat from

HHHHHHHH
S S S S

to

HHHHHHHH
S S S S

So i hit the snare on the main beat, rather than the off. I am able to beat raining blood (except for the end) but the main beat in question, here, I can do in RB (but the reason I can do it is because its not doing it for an extended period of time. I am able to do most metallica songs that have that rhythm no problem and I do it slow (TTFAF) and even on 'slow' i still avg 97%.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stargategod wrote:
Thanks everyone for replying. Here's the thing: If i do the main TTFAF rhythm for an extended period of time, I find myself ending up switching the beat from

HHHHHHHH
S S S S

to

HHHHHHHH
S S S S

So i hit the snare on the main beat, rather than the off. I am able to beat raining blood (except for the end) but the main beat in question, here, I can do in RB (but the reason I can do it is because its not doing it for an extended period of time. I am able to do most metallica songs that have that rhythm no problem and I do it slow (TTFAF) and even on 'slow' i still avg 97%.

Then it's all about practicing. Work on that pattern a lot, even when you're not playing (real drums perhaps?) and you'll become a master at metal rhythms. For the record, I play the drums for about 30 minutes a day and I play that beat for about 20 of them. <_<

(Yes my parents are cool for letting me play while they're watching TV)

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: