ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The OMB breakdown reference (GHWT+GHM breakdown complete!!!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ace5993  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: The OMB breakdown reference (GHWT+GHM breakdown complete!!!) Reply with quote

Well, here it is. A breakdown for the crazy people who just can't stick to one instrument. OMB difficulty ratings are very controversial so any input is greatly appreciated (as I myself am a guitar-based player, my rankings may be skewed toward drum difficulty more than they should be. Input from drummers is doubly appreciated.) Except for the very hard songs on vocals, I've stayed away from basing the rankings on the vocal track because it is different for everybody.

GH:World Tour

1. What I've Done - Very easy on all four instruments
  2. No Sleep Till' Brooklyn - Vocals is the only all-talky song in the game; but the guitar is very hard
  3. About a Girl - Nothing hard here
  4. On the Road Again - Drums are stupid, everything else is stupidly easy
  5. Today - Fairly easy on everything
  6. Up Around the Bend - Guitar has a strange fill that's tricky until you get the hang of it
  7. The Joker - Nothing hard here
  8. The Middle - Some VERY fast strumming on guitar is the only hard part
  9. Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast - Guitar solo is the only hard part
  10. Hail to the Freaks - Easy
  11. Eye of the Tiger - Guitar is strummy
  12. Float On - Really not very hard on anything
  13. Are You Gonna Go My Way - Nothing hard
  14. Livin' On a Prayer - Guitar solo is annoying with purple notes
  15. Monsoon - I LOVE this song
  16. Weapon of Choice - Easy
  17. The One I Love - Easysauce
  18. Band On the Run - Fairly tricky on drums in places
  19. Beautiful Disaster - Meh
  20. Some Might Say - Sitting through this song on all four instruments is hard enough on it's own, let alone FC'ing
  21. Good God - HARD on vox
  22. Spiderwebs - Guitar has the fast trill, and drums are pretty tough
  23. Aggro - Meh
  24. The Kill - Pretty long and chokable on everything
  25. Escuela de Calor - Meh
  26. Vinternoll2 - A few pretty easy rolls on drums are the only problem
  27. La Bamba - Not too hard
  28. Re-Education For Labor - This is last tier guitar how?
  29. You're Gonna Say Yeah - Drums are fast
  30. Misery Business - Annoying on drums
  31. Stillborn - Hard guitar solo
  32. Go Your Own Way - Drums are odd
  33. Beat It - One of the toughest in the game on guitar and vox, one of the easiest on bass and drums
  34. Nuvole E Lenzuola - Medium difficulty drums and pretty tough vox
  35. Pretty Vacant - Fairly fast drums, very easy vox
  36. The Wind Cries Mary - Drums have some tough fills
  37. Antisocial - Annoying, but much easier than it looks
  38. Mountain Song - Somewhat tricky on everything, especially drums and guitar
  39. Do It Again - Pretty tough all around
  40. Feel the Pain - Hard on drums, guitar is tricky at the end
  41. Dammit - Travis Barker on drums means this one isn't easy
  42. Shiver - Boring, but moderately hard
  43. Rebel Yell - Pretty tough guitar and drums
  44. Hey Man, Nice Shot - Annoying on drums and bass
  45. Santeria - Fairly tough on everything
  46. Rooftops - Hard drums
  47. One Armed Scissor - *insert comment here*
  48. Lazy Eye - Long and chokable on every instrument
  49. Our Truth - Nothing too hard
  50. Freak On a Leash - Drums are very hard, and bass is oddly difficult as well
  51. One Way Or Another - Hardest vocals song in the game, drums are hard too
  52. Everlong - Drums are VERY hard, the rest are easy
  53. Love Me Two Times - Probably the most annoying guitar chart ever
  54. Toy Boy - Worst song in the game
  55. Obstacle 1 - Hard drums, bass is confusing in spots
  56. Ramblin' Man - Long, with a swing beat
  57. Love Spreads - Long, boring, and chokeable
  58. Hotel California - Glitched note on drums make this much harder than it should be
  59. Heartbreaker - Probably the first song that could truly be called "hard" on everything
  60. Sweet Home Alabama - Hard, long, and chokable, especially the guitar
  61. Prisoner of Society - Hard guitar, fairly easy drums
  62. Kick Out the Jams - Hard drums, medium guitar
  63. American Woman - Hard drums, medium guitar
  64. Demolition Man - Super tough drums, hard guitar
  65. Never Too Late - Hard guitar and drums
  66. Mr. Crowley - Ridiculous guitar, and drums have a couple tricky spots
  67. Satch Boogie - Guitar is arguably the hardest single instrument FC in the game, but drums and bass are easy, and vox are non-existant
  68. L'Via L'Viaquez - Very hard on everything
  69. Hollywood Nights - This song is so annoying to FC, and drums has a bunch of broken notes
  70. Crazy Train - Very hard guitar, and hard drums
  71. Love Removal Machine - Super tough guitar, pretty hard drums
  72. Scream Aim Fire - Super hard drums and very hard guitar as well due to purple notes
  73. Trapped Under Ice - Very overrated drums IMO, but still nasty on drums and guitar
  74. Schism - Definitely the easiest of the Tool songs, but it's still Tool (loldrums)
  75. Assassin - Ridiculous drums, and guitar has the fastest strumming in the game
  76. Soul Doubt - So fast and random on every instrument
  77. B.Y.O.B. - Bass is 0_o, and guitar and drums are very hard
  78. Parabola - Long and hard on everything, especially drums
  79. Vicarious - Absolute insanity on drums, one of the hardest bass songs in the game, and guitar isn't exactly a cakewalk
  80. Purple Haze - Drums are one of the hardest in the game, and the guitar's difficulty is quadrupled with the broken purple notes. Bass is also very annoying.
  81. Stranglehold - There is a glitched note on drums. Oh yeah, and the 6 minute long guitar solo, the really fast bass outro, and the rest of the song on drums
  82. Pull Me Under - Dream Theater. 'Nuff said.
  83. Overkill - Yeah yeah, but even without the glitch on drums this is insane on all instruments (-vox)
  84. Hot For Teacher - Second hardest on guitar and bass, and third(?) hardest on drums. Yeah, this is killer.

GH:Metallica
Credit to Pas26 for the comments, his full breakdown is posted on the second page

1. Nothing Else Matters - Extremely easy on Guitar, Bass and Drums
  2. The Unforgiven - Easy solo on Guitar, easy drums
  3. For Whom the Bell Tolls - Quick bass is hard if you have a stock pedal and/or don't know how to heel/toe. Cakewalk on guitar and bass.
  4. The Thing That Should Not Be - Easy on guitar and drums
  5. Enter Sandman - Some people might struggle with the solo on guitar or the rolls on drums
  6. King Nothing - The Bridge might trip some people on drums, easy solo on guitar
  7. Mother of Mercy - Pie on guitar, odd patterns/rolls on drums could be tricky
  8. No Leaf Clover - Easy solos on guitar, multiples rolls might be a problem for some drums players
  9. Sad But True - Quick bass in the solo for drum players, solo on guitar
  10. No Excuses - Sooooo annoying on a stock WT drum because of the Y petterns...
  11. Orion - Looooooong, tricky solo on guitar and ending on drums is a choke-fest
  12. Stone Cold Crazy - Lolwut vox, tricky drums
  13. Turn the Page - Pinky-killer on guitar, final roll on drums
  14. The Memory Remains - Easy, easy, easy (but pretty tough vox)
  15. Hell Bent For Leather - Easy solo on guitar, annoying on drums
  16. Stacked Actors - Easy for the first half of the song, then there are some stupid stuff on drums. Cake on guitar.
  17. Toxicity - Fills are hard (drums)
  18. Blood and Thunder - Lol drums (but vox is all talkies)
  19. Demon Cleaner - Odd pattern on drums is a killer until you learn it correctly
  20. Armed and Ready - Guitar solo, bass is tricky on drums
  21. Frantic - Fast but simple song on drums, ending isn't as hard as it looks. Strumming on guitar could be hard for some people.
  22. Fade to Black - Fills and ending on drums, solo on guitar
  23. Fuel - Some quick rolls + awkward stuff on drums. Easy guitar song
  24. Beautiful Mourning - Whole song on drums, x_X intro on guitar
  25. Mommy's Little Monster - Fast drum song, multiple fills and rolls to trip you up. Guitar is easy.
  26. Wherever I May Roam - Fills on drums, purple stuff on guitar
  27. Albatross - Annoying bridge on guitar, stupid rolls on drums (and vox are really freakin' hard)
  28. Evil - Tapping solo on guitar, awkward stuff on drums
  29. The Shortest Straw - Guitar solo, fills/rolls on drum
  30. Whiplash - Guitar solos, drum fills
  31. Ace of Spades - Hard hard hard rolls everywhere on drums, tricky solo on guitar
  32. Seek and Destroy - Hard solo on guitar, quick bass + fills/rolls on drums
  33. War Inside My Head - Almost as fast as War ensemble on drums, luckily bass patterns are easier and there are less rolls
  34. The Black River - Fills and rolls are hard on drums, annoying bass stuff. Guitar solo is choke-able
  35. Hit the Lights - Quick bass and ending on drums, solo is hard on guitar
  36. The Boys are Back in Town - Annoying on both guitar and drums, but not really hard (but the chorus is one of the hardest things to execute in the game on vox)
  37. Creeping Death - Long solo on guitar, annoying ending on bass and rolls + bass stuff on drums
  38. Master of Puppets - Main riff + solo on guitar, main riff on bass and rolls on drums
  39. Battery - Guitar solos, hard drum chart
  40. Tuesday's Gone - TRICKY on drums, stupid rolls. Easy on guitar. (Vox is really tiring with lots of places to miss.)
  41. Welcome Home - WTF strumming on guitar, ending on drums]
  42. Am I Evil - Loooong solo on guitar, tricky bass (and vox are very difficult)
  43. Mercyful Fate - Lol 12 minutes long, choke-city on every instruments
  44. Disposable Heroes - Guitar solos + strumming, fast and chokeable drums
  45. War Ensemble - Bass: 17 seconds long open note strumming at 14 NPS. Oh and there is a 18 second long Y strumming part, also at 14 NPS. Guitar: Both solos aren't easy, gallops are hell, intro is hard, and chord changes are choke-able. Drums: Lol. 15 NPS rolls all over the place, 8 NPS bass stuff. TIRING (Vox is one of the easiest in the game, being around 80% talkie.)
  46. One - FSA on guitar. Even if you are good enough for the guitar chart, you need to handle the tricky bass stuff on drums, + the annoying rolls.
  47. Fight Fire With Fire - Hard on guitar, even harder on bass. Drums are also pretty hard. (And the outro on vox is the hardest thing to FC in the game, with large and fast jumps repeated over and over again.)
  48. All Nightmare Long - Stupid strumming + guitar solos on guitar, rolls on drums. Tricky bass as well.
  49. Dyers Eve - Dumbest/Hardest chart ever on bass, hard guitar solos AND stupid hard drums. Almost no rolls in the whole song though.

Last edited by ace5993 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:27 pm; edited 21 times in total
g0dly  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think band on the run and what i've done are by far the two easiest.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY doubt NSTB is #1. That is all.
g0dly  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the guitar and drums on NSTB are harder than almost all of those other songs. i have never fced the guitar and never came close on drums. the fact that vocals are all talkies is kinda moot because most of those songs are easy vocals fcs. actually something like 3/5 songs in WT are easy on vocals with practice imo.
Silly  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSTB guitar is harder than any part on any other song in that list (except maybe Obstacle 1 drums), but every other instrument is practically auto-FC so I'd move that way up. Obstacle 1's vocals and guitar are extremely easy but drums make up for it.

I'd take What I've done to #1, AAG #2, Today #3 and move NSTB and O1 to 11 and 13 respectively. Keep Mountain song above NSTB because of the combined difficulty of drums and guitar. YGSY #10 due to medium difficulty guitar and bass.

I haven't played any of the other songs enough to have a full opinion, but I know for a fact none of them are as hard as NSTB guitar, or Obstacle 1 drums on anything.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get there, I think that Hot for Teacher should be the hardest. It has a hard guitar, hard drums, I don't know about bass, and it actually has vocals, unlike Satch Boogie.
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never even tried playing WT as a full band. This topic would belong better in the Band/Multitasking forum (I know its rarely visited, but still....)

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
Ive never even tried playing WT as a full band. This topic would belong better in the Band/Multitasking forum (I know its rarely visited, but still....)

OMB=One man band. Read more. But still, you're right; it should go in the multitasking forum.

Also, Silly listed everything pretty much perfectly.
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it's been said already, but NSTB is most certainly not #1. Even with the other three ridiculously easy parts, the guitar part itself is enough to warrant probably at least spot 25.

What I've Done is the easiest by far. It takes ten times as much skill to get any other OMB FC.

And you can go ahead and put these in the breakdown here because it's' a no brainer where they go:

Hot for Teacher - #83
Satch Boogie - #84

And if you're interested in doing GHM and GHSH:

Dyer's Eve - #47
Either One or War Ensemble (probably One #48, Ensemble #49)

Through the Fire and Flames - #48 (I think that's how many songs are in SH)

Nice job so far, though. It's cool to read these breakdowns.

Last edited by iceefudgesickle on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:20 am; edited 2 times in total
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
When you get there, I think that Hot for Teacher should be the hardest. It has a hard guitar, hard drums, I don't know about bass, and it actually has vocals, unlike Satch Boogie.

It has the hardest bass to FC haha. H4T is undoubtedly the hardest OMB FC despite Solo D of Satch.

EDIT: Ignoring Overkill on drums, obviously.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obstacle 1 Needs to be way higher on that list...The drums on that are simply...Well...

And I'd put Re-Education (Not that you even have it on there) Around close to the bottom there personally, there's not much that makes it hard on any instrument. (Well, I'm not 100% Sure about drums)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with rating OMB FC's is, it's about all the instruments not just one. It's kind of hard to explain without examples, so basically what smoky said. HFT is the hardest OMB FC, despite it not being the hardest FC on any instrument (bass is debatable I guess, but I've always heard BYOB is the hardest by far; I don't play bass though.) Like, Satch guitar is harder, Vicarious drums is harder I think, not too knowledgeable on drums, especially GH drums, a lot of vocals are harder, and BYOB is arguably harder. But it's still the hardest OMB FC because every instrument is nearly the hardest to FC. So although NSTB guitar isn't really easy, it's still a very easy OMB FC, because if you get guitar you're guaranteed to get the OMB FC, provided you try for it and can play drums a little bit.

This is my take on it at least.

iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
The thing with rating OMB FC's is, it's about all the instruments not just one. It's kind of hard to explain without examples, so basically what smoky said. HFT is the hardest OMB FC, despite it not being the hardest FC on any instrument (bass is debatable I guess, but I've always heard BYOB is the hardest by far; I don't play bass though.) Like, Satch guitar is harder, Vicarious drums is harder I think, not too knowledgeable on drums, especially GH drums, a lot of vocals are harder, and BYOB is arguably harder. But it's still the hardest OMB FC because every instrument is nearly the hardest to FC. So although NSTB guitar isn't really easy, it's still a very easy OMB FC, because if you get guitar you're guaranteed to get the OMB FC, provided you try for it and can play drums a little bit.

This is my take on it at least.

People have different amount of skill on different instruments. Thus, someone could find a song that is tougher than TTFAF on guitar but has no bass/vocals/drums part to be the easiest OMBFC, because they're the greatest guitar player ever but are tone deaf and deathly allergic to the materials made to use the drum set (I'm just kidding about that allergy thing but you see where I'm going). For many people, breakdowns like this depend on what instrument you're good at. But here's how it goes - FCing Satch on guitar is FAR, FAR, FAR harder than FCing any other song on any other instrument. Vicarious drums are pretty damn tough but can't touch Satch. You can't just add the skill required from all instruments together and call it a fair breakdown. If that was the case, Satch probably wouldn't even be past #30 on the breakdown, because its bass is easy, its drums are only average and its vocals aren't existent.

fudrick  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if this is going to be accurate, equal skill in each instrument should be assumed, like how in the guitar breakdown equal skill in each aspect of guitar is assumed. Of course there is no one like this, so it's tough to do.

Rawrspoon  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for reference, I'm going to post the extreme opposite of NSTB. although it's on Rock Band, Visions is the toughest on-disk OMBFC. Guitar is very difficult, drums are insane, bass is ungodly difficult, yet vocals are so easy it's comparable to vocals on beginner in the GH games.

So yes, I believe NSTB deserves the spot of easiest OMBFC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: