ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Is "Anything" offbeat on Drums?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Is "Anything" offbeat on Drums? Reply with quote

I play on expert and expert+ on all songs and get great scores so don't think I'm missing because I'm bad

It's just that on the Quick Riff 1 & 2 sections in "Anything", I have to hit very late in order to even get something registered. If I hit on beat (I follow the snaredrum) I will fail out in those sections in just a matter of seconds.

Is someone else having problems with tempo on this song or is my version bad? I've seen Someguy hold combo on those sections but I wonder how he does it.

Last edited by Wattershed on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem. And I know its not me, because I can hold combos longer on other songs with a faster stream of bass notes (WAHNTHAC, Embedded, Fuel (E+), Dyers Eve, War Ensemble, etc.) Something has to be wrong or glitched with this song because I'm 99% sure it's not me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then an open message for the note trackers that are doing remakes of WT charts! Fix "Anything" on drums so we can play it without problems in GH5!
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't you bother to actually say the name of the song you're talking about in the original post?
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveAbKI wrote:
Why didn't you bother to actually say the name of the song you're talking about in the original post?

It says "Anything" in Subject, so I didn't think it was necessary.
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit I just realized that but didn't edit my post in time. goddammit. I guess the lack of the word "is" threw me off.
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't pass it for the longest time for this exact reason. I was positive I was on beat (I have a fairly good sense of rhythm), but I kept failing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something messed up with it, and it's the same for everyone I talk to.

If you miss a note during it that sound track cuts off and it fails rapidly. It's not like anything else where if you miss the song still plays regularly with all but drums making noise. It's really hard to miss and come back without failing. I don't think it's necessarily offbeat passage, but something wrong with the failing mechanic on it; when the sound cuts off like that it's hard to come back on beat with it.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Adohu  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything's all screwed up on drums. There's like 400 hidden notes in the song (I'm guessing that it's probably like the GH2 DLC song and all the notes are after the fretboard passes), so everyone's percent is around 80%. It really sucks, too, because the song and chart are awesome as hell. I really hope that they fix this in the GH5 export, along with Overkill drums.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal theory is that the 400 missing notes correspond to X+ double bass hits that they charted and removed the wrong way for some reason.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think they charted it like a RB song counting each note as one then realized that was wrong and forgot to change it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adohu wrote:
Anything's all screwed up on drums. There's like 400 hidden notes in the song (I'm guessing that it's probably like the GH2 DLC song and all the notes are after the fretboard passes), so everyone's percent is around 80%. It really sucks, too, because the song and chart are awesome as hell. I really hope that they fix this in the GH5 export, along with Overkill drums.

What part of overkill is broken? Is it the end with the drum hold with pedals and other notes, because I missed a bunch there and I swear I should have hit it. At least the pedals.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do fail insanely fast for some reason but I have passed the song a couple of times, I don't know how but I haven't been able to repeat it since.

Just wait a couple more weeks for GH5 when X+ is in it and everything should be perfectly fine
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtresso wrote:

What part of overkill is broken? Is it the end with the drum hold with pedals and other notes, because I missed a bunch there and I swear I should have hit it. At least the pedals.

Yes, it's in the Overkill Outro section under a orange sustain the third bass pedal (and each thereafter) are unhittable.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the exact same problem at first, but then I 'turned off' my sight and just played the song by ear. After that, I'd only miss a note or three during those parts but could easily get back on beat.

But there's definitely something wrong with the failing mechanics. You can't just randomly mash your foot into the pedal as in "On Broken Glass"; you *have* to hit the bass notes on beat, otherwise you're bound to fail.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: