ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So....We PS2 users are not interesting anymore....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KyleKorver  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: So....We PS2 users are not interesting anymore.... Reply with quote

I guess i'm officially outdated in videogames...Anyway, would it be that hard to do a PS2 version? Even if it was as awful as Rock Band's version, i'd get it anyway...just to have more songs to play...

CompactDstrxion  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, your console is eight years old now!

And the PS2 has a completely different architecture to the next gen systems, mainly being single threaded.

HMX and NS already have put the work in converting their engines for the PS2 so it's not as much work for each game for them. But I wouldn't blame Konami for leaving it out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, dude, get a job
Starz007  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CompactDstrxion wrote:
To be honest, your console is eight years old now!

And the PS2 has a completely different architecture to the next gen systems, mainly being single threaded.

HMX and NS already have put the work in converting their engines for the PS2 so it's not as much work for each game for them. But I wouldn't blame Konami for leaving it out.

Not only that, but the current generation has been out for 3 years already.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides almost all of the songs are already in GH/Rock Band anyways... plus they aren't covers!!!! (or not as bad covers).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet the PS2 has lasted longer than any console ever created.... and will continue to do so

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
Yet the PS2 has lasted longer than any console ever created.... and will continue to do so

This is the reason that NVS and HMX keep releasing their games for the PS2, people still have the console. But in all honesty, I don't see why someone wouldn't get a 360 or PS3 (Or Wii, if you just like to play casual games) if they still only have a PS2. The console isn't receiving as much games/features as the other systems. People still complain, and it doesn't make sense.

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all sony's fault. Damn they make good systems... <_<

Trust me, love your ps2, buy a ps3.

Once we stop progressing, that's when we're old, behind the curve... balding <_<

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or they could make consoles that people can actually afford.... Also most consoles dont last long enough (only 5 years on non-sony systems) to get your moneys worth on it.

Also: As technology used in consoles gets more advanced, price will keep getting higher and higher

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheGrudge93  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitt333 wrote:
GuitarGeek08 wrote:

This is the reason that NVS and HMX keep releasing their games for the PS2, people still have the console. But in all honesty, I don't see why someone wouldn't get a 360 or PS3 (Or Wii, if you just like to play casual games) if they still only have a PS2. The console isn't receiving as much games/features as the other systems. People still complain, and it doesn't make sense.

You must also keep in mind that people like me with jobs have the only income in the house. And I'm 15. So therefore people like me down in the poverty level can't really afford this and have to stick with the old systems (Hell, I got my PS2 the day they came out and it still works).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: TheGrudge93
ajanata  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
Also: As technology used in consoles gets more advanced, price will keep getting higher and higher

That's called "inflation."

Yes, the PS2 is a great system, but it's eight freaking years old. Stop expecting people to make new games series for it. You're still getting RB and GH because GH started on PS2, so they have a huge following on that console. You won't get RR because Konami doesn't have any similar games already on PS2 that they have a huge following they have to please.

edit:
TheGrudge93 wrote:
You must also keep in mind that people like me with jobs have the only income in the house. And I'm 15. So therefore people like me down in the poverty level can't really afford this and have to stick with the old systems (Hell, I got my PS2 the day they came out and it still works).

So you got a US$300 console at age 7? I wish I had your job at that age! (Point: Somebody bought that for you as a gift, and the same could in theory happen for the newer consoles.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajamta wrote:

TheGrudge93 wrote:

So you got a US$300 console at age 7? I wish I had your job at that age! (Point: Somebody bought that for you as a gift, and the same could in theory happen for the newer consoles.)

Well, My dad, who was the one who bought me it, is now dead, so thats really the last thing from him I have... Just putting that out there.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: TheGrudge93
dusanmandic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we all know that the PS2 has lived long and that it still is sorta kinda living right now but we also have to realize that the new generation is here...

Were there people with a PS1 when the PS2 came out like 3 years after..

i think so...

i dont know if they were still making games for the PS1 but people still had it...

just like i still have a Nintendo 64...

but yea the PS2 is still living and i think they should still make games for it... but then again i would like a 360 or PS3.. but i'm in poverty right now and i cant afford either one so it looks like i'm a little fucked...

but also i wanna try and stop buying video games simply because i'm 15 turning 16 in January and i think i need to mature up a little

and TheGrudge93, sorry bout your dad.... i would be so sad if that was my situation..

So i hope you can come through with that...

Zomg an in AFTER Lock!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Phyrexius Zero PSN Name: dusanmandic2112 ICQ Number
ajanata  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGrudge93 wrote:
ajamta wrote:

Well, My dad, who was the one who bought me it, is now dead, so thats really the last thing from him I have... Just putting that out there.

Sorry to hear that.

Also, lrn2quote button.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was bound to happen eventually. The PS2 is a great console, but there are now better consoles out which more people are starting to get.

[quote:b7d032669f="MarkMadness"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat

My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote:b7d032669f="dudextr"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: