ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
lock it up
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: lock it up Reply with quote

this is a similer deal to the NFL thread, but with european (proper)football a.k.a soccer. anything to do with the premier league, or just football in general, should go here. what team you support, what team you cant stand, match predictions, faveourite players, things like that.

i am fully aware how passionate fans can be about this sport, and their teams, so lets try and keep all discussion clean and friendly, while not detracting from the competitive nature that being a football fan breeds.

Last edited by boss1592 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:18 am; edited 9 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am a manchester united fan, and personally cant wait to see them hammer arsenal this weekend

that should get the ball rolling
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Silly  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps that 5-0 at Wigan is what we need to kickstart our season... With Loserpool also dropping a lot of early points a win against l'Arse would be perfect to set us on our way to four in a row. It'll be interesting to see if Man City do anything with their money this season as opposed to their spectacular 10th place last year.

I don't see Burnley keeping up their early form - they'll perhaps emulate Hull of last season - stay in the top half through a run of glorious luck, then bomb, but then not cheat relegation on the final day. Hull, Burnley and Wolves to go down.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we do have some tough games coming up though, after arsenal we're away to spurs, they have had a promising start, and then city at home. i wouldnt mind a draw against spurs tbh, as long as we beat city and arsenal.
kitson12  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Reading fan at heart and I'm so disappointed with their performance in the Championship this year. They really deserve to be in the Prem but they just can't do anything. We haven't won yet and we're I think 5 games in and we have 3 points. Our first year in the Prem was beauty with an 8th place finish, then the dreaded second season syndrome and now we can't get a win. Good grief.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Hylands
boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, early days yet my friend, still a long way to go, maybe their luck will improve
IsLegend9  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Manchester United fan here, but I'll admit I love watching a good game so I don't hate any team unless they're playing and/or threatening our position on the table. Great to see our form pick up against Wigan, hopefully Berby and Owen can kickstart their goalscoring form. I've always been a Berby fan so it'd really be great to see him be prominent this season. I'm extremely surprised at Pool this season so far, considering they only lost 2 games all of last season and have already lost two this season. My hope, though, is that they don't go unbeaten the rest of the season, or that'll be a threat. Personally, even though it's too early to call, I see Burnley, Wolves, and Birmingham go down. I really think Hull could keep it together this season, especially with Hunt and Altidore. I think Altidore, although he's a US soccer player, could really shine for a team like Hull - he put on an impressive performance in his most recent game, AND set up their only goal in the last EPL competition they were in. I think he can keep his form and keep them in after the second season syndrome passes. Burnley won't keep their form.

Arsenal is scary, posting 10 goals in 2 games. I think they will rely heavily on Eduardo and Arshavin, as they damn well should, this season if they want to keep form. I'm not sure anyone will break into the top 4 this season out of the regulars, with Chelsea's start and Man United's start. If any team does it, though, it's gonna be Tottenham or City. I don't see Everton or Villa threatening as much this year to get into the top 4. But again, it's too early to tell.

I can NOT wait for the Manchester-Arsenal game this weekend.

How do you get one of those? Divide by zero?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs less Premier League and more inclusive of the whole league. All four teams I'm interested in are in League One this season. Should be interesting.

My two favourite teams played each other on the opening day: Norwich 1, Colchester 7. What the fuck. But y'know what's even more WTF-worthy? Colchester's manager for that game is now the manager at Norwich.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
ShonSuperStar  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but there is no way United will destroy Arsenal, have you been watching Arsenal play this season?

They have been scoring pretty much at will, with lots of different players getting involved. The team is working harder to defend from even past the halfway line as the pressing game has improved GREATLY over last season. Couple this with the fact that the back 4 looks as solid as it has been since the Invincibles with the arrival of Vermaelen.

If Arsenal play well, I just can't see them losing (or not winning, in fact)
But everyone who knows anything about football knows that Arsenal can just randomly decide not to show up sometimes

Oh and also, what the FUCK is up with media totally over-reacting Eduardo's dive? Yes he went down easily and I was pretty disappointed in him. But you can see from the behind angle that the keepers right knee/thigh slides over Eduardo's right (?) foot, and given his horrendous injury, I'm not surprised to see him go down, anything to keep yourself safe right?

Funny how the media choses to forget:

Ronaldo's dive to win the freekick in Champs League Semi (Vs. Arsenal)
Rooney's dive to end 49 match unbeaten streak (Vs. Arsenal)
Gerrard's dive in Champs League final (Vs. Milan)
Gerrard's dive where he went down and got a penalty because of "intent" (Cant recall team)
Rooney's dive where he actually got booked, but no ridicule from press (Vs. Spurs I think)
Ronaldo's dive against everyone with the classic quote "It's a shame he does thinks like that, but hes a great blah blah blah bullshit"

I don't recall any of those player's dives overshadowing a result like Eduardo's last night, even though those I have listed are SERIAL divers.

Fuck the English (media) hypocrisy

GesterX - "This has got to be one of Wales' top 5 accomplishments of all time. "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Shon Super Star
boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly think the odds are in uniteds favour this weekend. i mean for a start, its at home. also, we havnt played since last saturday, arsenal played only last night. and it doesnt look like fabregas is gonna be playing. the midfield is where its gonna be won and lost i reckon, fletcher is playing well so far, and i reckon he could stick giggs in there with that touch of experiance and class. all 3 strikers, berba, owen and rooney all scored against wigan, so we're certainly not lacking talent up front. defense looks solid as well, only one goal conceded in the league so far, but no rio, so vidic will have to play well.

my prediction: man u 2-1 arsenal
IsLegend9  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think United will tie Arsenal. I honestly don't know if United can get the goals against Arsenal for all the reasons that Shon listed.

And Shon, I think the only reason people are making a huge deal of it [which they damn well shouldn't, who cares anyways?] is because it killed the possible momentum Celtic could have gotten. I'm not saying they would have gotten it and made the comeback, but I think people are making such a big deal of it because it lead to the goal that really honestly shut Celtic's chances out completely. I don't think he should have dove like he did, but with all those other dives you mentioned, it's hard to understand why the media is making this so huge. Like, The Scottish FA calling for a ban? Please. A ban for a dive is uncalled for. If there were bans given out for every dive in professional soccer in Europe, you'd be watching reserve teams for a good 3/4 of the season.

thecaptainof, by all means you can include League One in here. It's football, and it's probably good football too. I don't watch it because I live in the US and you can't find games for shit over here, but I find your little blurb humorous about the manager switch.

Oh, and Champions League draws are out.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=671000&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901

boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting. definately a tricky enough group, though i think we will finish top, there are a few games, particularly away to CSKA moscow, that could certainly have us fighting for a draw. i think liverpool could definately struggle, lyon and fiorentina are 2 very strong teams. groups c and f are definately ones to watch in terms of quality of teams, ac milan vs real madrid and inter vs barcalona. should be interesting
ShonSuperStar  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IsLegend9 wrote:
I think United will tie Arsenal. I honestly don't know if United can get the goals against Arsenal for all the reasons that Shon listed.

And Shon, I think the only reason people are making a huge deal of it [which they damn well shouldn't, who cares anyways?] is because it killed the possible momentum Celtic could have gotten. I'm not saying they would have gotten it and made the comeback, but I think people are making such a big deal of it because it lead to the goal that really honestly shut Celtic's chances out completely. I don't think he should have dove like he did, but with all those other dives you mentioned, it's hard to understand why the media is making this so huge. Like, The Scottish FA calling for a ban? Please. A ban for a dive is uncalled for. If there were bans given out for every dive in professional soccer in Europe, you'd be watching reserve teams for a good 3/4 of the season.

thecaptainof, by all means you can include League One in here. It's football, and it's probably good football too. I don't watch it because I live in the US and you can't find games for shit over here, but I find your little blurb humorous about the manager switch.

Oh, and Champions League draws are out.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=671000&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901

I agree that it was a real blow for Celtic, but to be honest the tie was over before last night ;-)

Saw the draw, but don't really remember the details.

Arsenal and United had it easy, Chelsea had Porto and Athletico right? Don't recall what Liverpool got.

GesterX - "This has got to be one of Wales' top 5 accomplishments of all time. "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Shon Super Star
IsLegend9  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Shon, you're right... I didn't have much faith in Celtic to start.

Quote:
Group A
Team P W D L F A Pts
Bayern Munich 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Juventus 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Bordeaux 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Maccabi Haifa 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group B
Team P W D L F A Pts
Manchester United 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
CSKA Moscow 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Besiktas 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
VfL Wolfsburg 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group C
Team P W D L F A Pts
AC Milan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Real Madrid 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Marseille 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
FC Zurich 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group D
Team P W D L F A Pts
Chelsea 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
FC Porto 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Atletico Madrid 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
APOEL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group E
Team P W D L F A Pts
Liverpool 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Lyon 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Fiorentina 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Debreceni 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group F
Team P W D L F A Pts
Barcelona 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Inter Milan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Dynamo Kiev 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
FC Rubin Kazan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group G
Team P W D L F A Pts
FC Sevilla 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Rangers 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
VfB Stuttgart 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Unirea Urziceni 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group H
Team P W D L F A Pts
Arsenal 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
AZ Alkmaar 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Olympiakos 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Standard Liege 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Could be interesting. United should breeze through, I don't see Arsenal getting much of a challenge. Group F should be wonderful to watch, as should Group C. Liverpool has a bit of a challenge, especially if their form doesn't improve. And Chelsea might hit a small roadblock, but they should be able to get through. I think the only that might challenge them is Porto, but with Chelsea's early season form, it won't do much to them.

And is anyone else 'impressed' by the lack of Bayern doing well? Maybe Juve and Bordeaux move on from that group...

boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bayern are a spent force, i wouldnt be surprised if juve and bordeux go through ahead of them
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: