ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Need advice for drums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prometheus412  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Need advice for drums Reply with quote

I,m currently transtioning from to expert in drums. do pretty decent on most songs but Still having trouble with drums rolls and bass pedal I have a rock band 1 drumset and It feels like drumrolling on them is impossible. Any advice would be great which songs to practice and over hand and foot technique.[/b]
ApocalypseDao  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotel California, during the last solo, there's two nice ones, RRRR BBBB GGGGGGGG with some footpedal on the first B and G, and the 5th G.

Also if you want to get fancy, even better practice is Scream Aim Fire; I think you already know what parts I'm talkin about

Also what could help with rolls and stuff are songs like everlong, beautiful mourning (if you have GHM), anything with a pattern that requires you to use two hands on the hihat instead of one. They require precision, which may lead to better drum-rolling.

Personally I have a GHWT kit so I can't help you with your RB drums But some basics for anyone if you don't play real drums and are new to rolls:

If you play hard at least, you may have figured out that to go left to right on a kit, if the pattern has an even number of notes, with each different note being an even number, (for example RR BB GGGG) you can lead off with your right hand and have each beginning note hit with your right hand. If you're right handed, leading with your right hand should be natural, but for lefties like me, not so much :P

Note that this doesn't work with rolls that involve an odd number of notes, or rolls that start off beat, such as the very beginning one in blood and thunder (which can impress your friends if you can learn to nail it )

Goes something like this: (sorry I don't know how to get the drum little bulbs, but stick with the pattern not the colors)

or something of the sort, but to hit the roll (RLRL) correctly, you must lead off with your left hand.

Hope some of this helps >.>
virascore  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something thats helps on some RB1 kits is the sock mod. and if you have GHWT then play On the Road Again. that song is nothing but a long slow drum roll with a bass every now and then always on beat.

R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, 12/28/09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Xx V1R4 xX
Prometheus412  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the sock mod?
Tshoes  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sock mod is taking a sock putting it on top of the drum pad and putting rubber bands around the sock and pad to hold it in place. The purpose is to fix a sensitivity problem in stock QM rock band sets (The set will have a QM under the controller part if it is I think.)
YaMaNick92  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for hand technique, if you have rb1, run to the hills is actually perfect for hands for two reasons...one, obviously the whole song(or just play it on 50 percent speed or something to practice)...all you gotta realize is that all it is is a roll with a yellow thrown in every few notes...with the bass pedal pretty consistent...you can use the bass pedal as like a metronome and keep time with a pretty fast roll, and then you can start doing some nice stuff..also, for the choruses in that song, theres the rrrryyyybbbbgggg rolls, which help you acquire speed throughout the set. um but for world tour, like someone said, scream aim fire and on the road again are good...so's your gonna say yeah, and im pretty sure rooftops has like a long roll in it or something..as for bass pedal, overkill, prisoner of society, trapped under ice(these just have a fair amount of bass)...and ultimate practice for this game for offbeat bass is definitely byob(intro), and as far as im concerned, once you can hit offbeat bass, you can free your body of the terrible curse of not being able to separate your hands and feet(i remember when i started playing, you usually wanted to hit everything at the same time with your hands and feet). butttttttttttttt the best advice? just play through the career. there's really no shortcut to it dude... idk what rock band games you have, but play those too, just play through whatever career you can, cause i remember 3 starring every song i played the first time i played expert(even the joker and whatnot), you will get better, its just gonna take some time man..sorry for the long ass response.
edit: if you have a hundred bucks to spare, buy a world tour kit... not gonna lie though, make sure you have a surface where the bass pedal will stick to though, cause its annoying otherwise
Prometheus412  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no rock band definatly wanna get it but whats the best songs for gh metallica and world tour to practice on expert drums?
ApocalypseDao  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gogo blood and thunder!
YaMaNick92  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prometheus412 wrote:
Sorry no rock band definatly wanna get it but whats the best songs for gh metallica and world tour to practice on expert drums?
um for metallica, i would say...mercyful fate is a fun one, yes, blood and thunder(thats kinda a harder one though), fuel, master of puppets, battery, fight fire with fire, dyers eve is the best for off beat kicks, pretty much all the songs are good/fun to practice...and i named some wt stuff in my last post just look at that stuff
Prometheus412  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the all your help it will be very help full
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For practicing rolls/fills I wouldn't use Hotel Cali so much, since it's broke. Scream Aim fire on a slower speed would be ok, Toxicity on GH:M is full of all sorts of rolls. Blood and Thunder has nice fills too, but I would be sure to slow them down in practice mode
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: