ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 5 - Score-Tracking is Live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Shows how perceptive I am. Nevermind JC, just ignore me.

We always do.
Graf  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Shows how perceptive I am. Nevermind JC, just ignore me.

We always do.

I didn't ignore Hailz. She was one of the more active moderators to ever grace the forums, and I consider myself lucky to know her.

In other news, I am loving the score-tracking for this game. It's comforting to know that whenever I mess around on Xbox LIVE, I could always come and enter my scores, no matter how obscure the instrument combination. I truly appreciate the work that went into this, so I would like to once again thank you (Staff) for all of your hard work Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
I didn't ignore Hailz. She was one of the more active moderators to ever grace the forums, and I consider myself lucky to know her.

Come on, I'm obviously joking. She was by far one of the best mods, second to maybe rkcr in my opinion. Maybe.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
If that is done witht he alphabet then for the intensity id say just do option 1 or possibly option 2. (dont need to split out the game type on the intensity charts, if its already done in the alphabetic one)

That's a good point regarding splitting alphabetical into game-based tiers (plus DLC). In fact if I do that, I'd probably rename "Alphabetical" to "Source" (matching the game's term), since the tier groupings should really be named based on grouping and not sorting methods anyway. I should also note, even right now you can click the column heading "Song" to sort any grouping's songs alphabetically without any tiers. So that is still possible either way.

However, even doing that I still am not too fond of options 1/2 because of the fact that competition within each of those tiers would be somewhat meaningless except for the few members who purchase and play all songs. Keeping them separate (at least as much as GH5/Other), means the internal GH5 tiers will remain competitive and offer a useful set of ranks in between songs ranks and the overall rank. But if others feel differently or don't care about tier ranks and would rather have the lists combined, I'm certainly here to listen.

Also thanks for the information on the scoring engine. At a minimum I'll be sure to change things to accept 0-6 as possible star ratings.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just realized there's tracking for all 4 instruments in every single combination possible. i figured it would just be for the 4 main instruments (granted i didnt know you could even do two guitarists or whatever at the same time) kudos to whoever had to code all that
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
EXEprog527  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey JC the previous post just made me realize this.... As you know on the home page the recent scores have columns for the 4 "main" instruments will that be changing w/ the site rewrite to account for people who play w/ duplicate instruments?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that all the songs are there? I chose
GH5->All->1-size->Guitar->Expert and all I see is a small list of new songs, about, what 40, and then a load of imports and DLC.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXEprog527 wrote:
Hey JC the previous post just made me realize this.... As you know on the home page the recent scores have columns for the 4 "main" instruments will that be changing w/ the site rewrite to account for people who play w/ duplicate instruments?

This already has been changed to an extent. It's not completely clear since the percents are still listed under the incorrectly labeled columns for duplicate-part combinations, but there are now GHWT/5 styled instrument icons that appear next to the percents that intend to "override" the column labels.

It's not a perfect solution and will likely be revisted for the rewrite, but should work well enough for the time being.

Daputti wrote:
Are you sure that all the songs are there? I chose
GH5->All->1-size->Guitar->Expert and all I see is a small list of new songs, about, what 40, and then a load of imports and DLC.

Yes, all 85 songs are there. Not sure if this is the case, but if you checked Expert+ under a drums combination (even though you did say Guitar->Expert) then there would be a much smaller list of songs available because not every song contains an Expert+ chart.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey JC, I just posted this list in another thread for Pathhero. I figured it couldn't hurt to post it here so you have it just in case. Here is the tiering for the Career Mode. I don't know if you want to use this or keep the alphabetical (or maybe have an option to choose ) but here it is anyway:

The 13th Rail
Song 2
They Say
Gamma Ray
In My Place
Feel Good Inc.
All Along The Watchtower
Sympathy For The Devil

Club Boson
Steady, As She Goes
Blue Day
Gratitude
Sowing Season (Yeah)
Only Happy When It Rains
Blue Orchid
Hurts So Good

Sideshow
Play That Funky Music
Fame
Ex-Girlfriend
Cigarettes, Wedding Bands
Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix)
Under Pressure
Sex On Fire

Angel's Crypt
Kryptonite
Send A Little Love Token
Mirror People
Comedown
Never Miss A Beat
Dancing With Myself
Shout It Out Loud

O'Connell's Corner
You Give Love A Bad Name
In The Meantime
You And Me
L.A.
Make It Wit Chu
Plug In Baby
Superstition
Sultans Of Swing

The Aqueduct
Why Bother?
Jailbreak
The Rock Show
Bleed American
Hungry Like The Wolf
Looks That Kill

Guitarhenge
Lonely Is The Night
Wannabe In LA
Nearly Lost You
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Lithium (Live)
All The Pretty Faces

Neon Oasis
20th Century Boy
What I Got
A-Punk
Seven
Bring The Noise 20XX
Du Hast

Electric Honky Tonk
Ring Of Fire
Disconnected
Bullet With Butterfly Wings
One Big Holiday
We're An American Band

Calavera Square
Incinerate
Maiden, Mother & Crone
Wolf Like Me
So Lonely
No One To Depend On (Live)
Runnin' Down A Dream

Cairo Bazaar
Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)
Younk Funk
Sneak Out
Streamline Woman
Back Round
Medicate

The Golden Gate
Six Days A Week
American Girl
Judith
Deadbolt
Brianstorm
2 Minutes To Midnight

Fjord of Swords
Lust For Life (Live)
Sweating Bullets
Do You Feel Like We Do? (Live)
Demon(s)
Scatterbrain (Live)
Done With Everything, Die For Nothing
The Spirit Of Radio (Live)

Hypersphere
21st Century Schizoid Man

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
valioso  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is possible to get 2 stars in this game, since i just got them in my wonderful vocal rendition of gamma ray
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valioso wrote:
is possible to get 2 stars in this game, since i just got them in my wonderful vocal rendition of gamma ray
Interesting..can someone test to see if you can get 0 or 1?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, GH Smash Hits imported songs are now up, and I will be making the rest of the setlist changes later this week after Beatles score-tracking is done.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
valioso wrote:
Interesting..can someone test to see if you can get 0 or 1?

After turning on no fail, lets see...

Yes. it is possible.

0 Stars
0 Points
0 Note Streak
0% Accuracy

I don't have a camera to take a picture, but you can do it yourself if you don't believe me.
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the right place to ask it or not, but on the Wii, can you play the songs you downloaded in WT that you have saved on your SD card?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Fuzz wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask it or not, but on the Wii, can you play the songs you downloaded in WT that you have saved on your SD card?

yes... when you go into quickplay or one of the gigs that let you pick the song they show up w/ the SD card logo in front of them... but i think you have to go to the music store and do something first in order to use them in GH5.... which I haven't done yet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: