ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH5 Drum Engine Broken?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZxSlippy  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: GH5 Drum Engine Broken? Reply with quote

There's something serious messed up with GH5's Drum Engine on Expert, Simple bass kicks I can hit easily in any other engine (Rock Band, WT, etc) are near impossible on GH5, this seems to only show up in songs that have Expert+ attached to them

For example, I played the Children of Bodom song on GH5, I failed on Expert at the hi-hat bass / hi-hat snare bit, not even 10% into the song, yet I went to go play it on Expert+ and I can hit that bit, it seems to not even register on Expert, Is there an issue? It's obviously not lag, and this appears to me on both the Ion and WT kit.

If you are having the same issues I just stated, please respond with the system you're having the issue on, and the drum set(s) you are experiencing the issue on.

Last edited by ZxSlippy on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ZxSlippy2006
Path102  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was noticing that, I fc the intro fills then once I hit that part I completely miss. At first I thought it was my tv so I changed to the regular tv I use but nothing changed =/ this sucks

dddooonnnooo  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same. Scatterbrain, the COB song....all the expert plus songs wont recognize my hits with a regular guitar hero pedal. I'm ridiculously confused and frustrated. I hope somebody figures out a way to fix this, as I really want to enjoy the drum charts this game has to offer.
RAVEN2599  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i have the same problem and its starting to piss me off
Electriczoo  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For example, I played the Children of Bodom song on GH5, I failed on Expert at the hi-hat bass / hi-hat snare bit, not even 10% into the song, yet I went to go play it on Expert+ and I can hit that bit, it seems to not even register on Expert, Is there an issue? It's obviously not lag, and this appears to me on both the Ion and WT kit.

thank goodness someone else has this problem, i thought the failure was a lack of ability on my part
radoaos  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a roland with double bass (kick trigger).
No problems last night. Passed scatterbrain first try, and rush song. Only song that tripped me up was demons (didn't play schizoid yet).

Maybe it is because of the wt pedal?
DipstickSH  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radoaos wrote:
I use a roland with double bass (kick trigger).
No problems last night. Passed scatterbrain first try, and rush song. Only song that tripped me up was demons (didn't play schizoid yet).

Maybe it is because of the wt pedal?

I don't think that's it

I use and ION pedal (sucks I know )

But I've encountered the same problem
hheemm  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the RB1 drum set with an omega pedal. I'm having the same problem. It feels like the front-end timing window is smaller, and the back end timing window is bigger. I couldn't hit the scattered brains section at all in Scatterbrain. I knew I was hitting the bass parts on time, but I tried hitting most of the notes late, and finally passed it.
I just put in a 500GB HD in my PS3 I dont want to have to buy a new one already
sumboxcar182  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah there is definitely something going on here. scatterbrain has some really easy kicks but it seems like the expert+ notes are messing stuff up
Path102  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems there could be ghost notes. I've tried the CoB part on slowest and I fc'd so I was puzzled, but I moved the speed up and then I would miss even though I kept trying. There would be one run where I wouldn't miss but it was somewhat unlikely.

On full speed I played what would be played if it was X+ and strangely enough I didn't break combo idk if it was just that one run but it made me think there were ghost notes. Just my information on what I tried to do on figuring that out.

sumboxcar182  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it definitely is something with expert+ sections of songs. i failed the cob song even though i was 100% sure i was hitting the kicks exactly. Also on scatterbrain i kicked it up to expert+ and i pretty much nailed the song, it seems like something is going on with expert+ sections of the tracks
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, wow, good thing I waited on this game instead of buying it right away. Hope they fix this with a patch or something.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
radoaos  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend I'll play some more songs, and see. Maybe just the short list I played on release day didn't mess up.
ApocalypseDao  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the problem with only expert versions of exper+ songs? Or is it contagious around all songs? I'm debating whether to buy or not, but if this problem persists for all songs I'm probably going to lean towards not buying it

I usually start off all songs trying expert+ anyway, and only resort to the expert version if I can't pass, it's quite a good challenge
sumboxcar182  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's only for expert+ songs (there are only 9) however it is only for sections that have expert+ and it's still really spotty, i.e. sweating bullets is fine but scatterbrain and die for nothing and do everything (or whatever it's called) have problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: