ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH5 Drum Engine Broken?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GesterX  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:
hheemm wrote:
GesterX wrote:
I am just so so so amazed this didn't get picked up during QA. I mean this is a major game-wrecking bug and extremely obvious! I can't see how the game got a thumbs up for release when it's literally broken!

Probably just like how the slider notes sucked hard, and didn't work properly. They probably realized it, but got lazy. I don't understand why they can't fix the bass note problem. They just want people to buy their future products, and are saying fuck you to the people who bought GH5. I love GH, but they need new testers for their games.

They probably didn't have any playtesters that were good and consistent enough to test the slide notes to a conclusive level.

For comparison's sake, the RB DLC Devil's Island chart originally had only one Overdrive phrase before the solo, and apparently only one of Harmonix's QA players could pass the intro at all with just the one OD - hence the awkwardly placed second OD before the solo.

As far as the Expert issue, they probably focused all their testing on Expert+.

I doubt they would have - if they did they really need a new testing strategy! I work for a company that makes software and the testing team are in my office and they will literally check every single button in a program like 10 times! Boring, but it means that software is never released with glitches or bugs.

Back on topic - is there a definite way to hit the broken sections or is it a case of taking each one into practice and figuring it out?
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:

They probably didn't have any playtesters that were good and consistent enough to test the slide notes to a conclusive level.

Or their testers were too good to have slide notes effect them- off topic though.
rabidkitty4  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it's been about 5 months and 20 days since they released a broken game. And still no update/patch. This is the kind of stuff that makes me sick to my stomach. As a human being, how are you able to screw over so many people, and still sleep at night?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabidkitty4 wrote:
So, it's been about 5 months and 20 days since they released a broken game. And still no update/patch. This is the kind of stuff that makes me sick to my stomach. As a human being, how are you able to screw over so many people, and still sleep at night?

Oh man, it's so shocking that they still haven't patched it, especially not since they, you know, said they weren't going to several months ago.

But yeah, holy shit still no patch.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
rabidkitty4  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:
rabidkitty4 wrote:

Oh man, it's so shocking that they still haven't patched it, especially not since they, you know, said they weren't going to several months ago.

But yeah, holy shit still no patch.

Oh, so it's just okay for a company to release a broken game then? Like...really? People pay around 60 bucks for a game, when you can't fully play one of the aspects of it, and that's okay?

Btw, it was only about a month ago that they said they were not going to patch it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not ok- but Band Hero is out for your enjoyment!
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...is some kind of class-action suit possible for this? I mean, something like the timing of the slider notes in GH4 is debatable, but this is something that is completely and incontrovertibly broken, something that they have ADMITTED was broken in their game, and yet something they are not going to fix. Definitely too lazy for it, but seeing them have to pay out millions of dollars would be sweet, sweet justice.

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have it just be broken and fixed in new games than them paying millions of dollars for the error and still have nothing done about it.

Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabidkitty4 wrote:
Oh, so it's just okay for a company to release a broken game then? Like...really? People pay around 60 bucks for a game, when you can't fully play one of the aspects of it, and that's okay?

It's still playable, you just have to play it badly, more or less.

I don't like it either, but hey, it's not like every expert drums chart is an automatic fail. People have FCed the Expert charts of Expert+ songs, so they're still playable.

Quote:
Btw, it was only about a month ago that they said they were not going to patch it.

Whatever, my point stands.

My goals:
*loves dragons*
DeusExProcella  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangeglacier wrote:
So...is some kind of class-action suit possible for this? I mean, something like the timing of the slider notes in GH4 is debatable, but this is something that is completely and incontrovertibly broken, something that they have ADMITTED was broken in their game, and yet something they are not going to fix. Definitely too lazy for it, but seeing them have to pay out millions of dollars would be sweet, sweet justice.

ccmoose fc'd the game on Expert, though. so no it's not broken enough that you could sue them over it. The notes CAN be hit, even if not by playing them correctly.

If, however, you'd like to press the issue, you should also sue Harmonix for the broken talkies in RB1 (some of which are still present in RB2).

Because Alive (Live) [except Wii] and Clouds over California (RB1) are more broken than anything in GH5. They are 100% unhittable. And if you don't want those extreme cases, go to RB1 and try to FC Sabotage saying all the words correctly. Or just try to FC Next to You without the PS3 glitch. How about Brainpower on PS2?

Yes this glitch is outrageous, but no one got this up in arms over RB1's broken talkies, or the talkies that are still stupid in RB2 (I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Consanguinity Wii Friend Code: 519807246797
GHplayer23434  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had this problem.

All you have to do is hit the notes EXTREMELY late (like, on the edge late) in order to hit them at all.

I have confirmed this - it is completely true.
Marbler  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabidkitty4 wrote:

*COUGH GH1 COUGH COUGH*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
Toodooloo  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeusExProcella wrote:

Yes this glitch is outrageous, but no one got this up in arms over RB1's broken talkies, or the talkies that are still stupid in RB2 (I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha?)

Those talkies have ALSO been hit, even if not by playing them correctly.

Irrelevant though - these glitches should've all been fixed a loong time ago >_>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbler wrote:
rabidkitty4 wrote:

*COUGH GH1 COUGH COUGH*

They can't release a patch for GH1 though.
I just put in a 500GB HD in my PS3 I dont want to have to buy a new one already
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH1 isn't broken, it works exactly as intended.

My goals:
*loves dragons*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: