ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH5 Drum Engine Broken?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marbler  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:
GH1 isn't broken, it works exactly as intended.

True, but the fact that the testers never caught that the HOPO system shouldn't work that way, or that the window for HOPO's has no front end, is beyond me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
DeusExProcella  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toodooloo wrote:
DeusExProcella wrote:

Yes this glitch is outrageous, but no one got this up in arms over RB1's broken talkies, or the talkies that are still stupid in RB2 (I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha?)

Those talkies have ALSO been hit, even if not by playing them correctly.

Irrelevant though - these glitches should've all been fixed a loong time ago >_>

Most of those talkies have been hit. Alive (Live) cannot be hit except on Wii because the code to it it doesn't exist. Clouds over California cannot be hit in RB1 without the PS3 glitch.

My response was in regards to him asking if this was something we could sue Neversoft about. My feelings are, if you sue Neversoft for a broken drum engine (which they fixed), it seems only just to sue Harmonix over an equally (in some cases even more so) broken vocal engine (which they fixed...for the most part).

GH5 expert drums has been fc'd.

Clouds over California will never be FC'd on RB1.

Alive (Live) will never be FC'd on 360/PS3 (unless, prior to this statement or following this statement it is fixed).

Which system is more broken? The point is, if previously broken (game breaking broken) engines weren't good enough to get sued over, why in the world should this be just because you hate Activision? I stand by my claim that the drum engine in GH5 is less broken than the vocal engine in RB1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Consanguinity Wii Friend Code: 519807246797
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbler wrote:
Tagrineth wrote:
GH1 isn't broken, it works exactly as intended.

True, but the fact that the testers never caught that the HOPO system shouldn't work that way, or that the window for HOPO's has no front end, is beyond me.

The testers were probably only barely playing Hard prior to GH1's release and quite likely attributed their inability to play complex hopo sequences to lack of raw skill, not to their inherent difficulty.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is a month old and me talking will do nothing to bring a patch, but.....
To DeusExProcella
Thats like 2 or 3 songs that have broken Vox, some on a specific console

For GH its every song that has Double Bass on every console
-I can't complete GH5 career mode on Expert because of this
-I can't play DLC songs like in the Metal Track pack (Well I can complete LCDS, but its hard), the Endless Sporadic song, Gor Gor.

Then lets say I import the games and old DLC but don't own them anymore
I can't complete...
-Any of the Metallica DLC, except The Unforgiven 3
-The GHWT Metal pack
-Overkill from GHWT Import and there were a few other X+ songs there
-Caught In The Mosh's ending can make you fail out on Expert ON GH5 unless you have SP

Then, lets imagine more imports and DLC come that have double bass
-TTFAF and Raining Blood would be unpassable
-The majority of GHM's songs in the last tier, eg. FFWF, Dyers Eve, War Ensemble, Blood and Thunder, etc would all be unpassable on Expert

So yes, this Glitch is game breaking
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeusExProcella wrote:
I stand by my claim that the drum engine in GH5 is less broken than the vocal engine in RB1.

I completely disagree with this statement for one reason.

The broken talkies in rock band kept people from FC'ing (or in bad cases gold starring) songs.

The broken drum engine in GH 5 keeps a good 90+% of the community from so much as passing at least 1/5 of the songs available.

Which sounds more broken to you?
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still stand by my original view on this problem.

Grow some and play X+ <_<

mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
I still stand by my original view on this problem.

Grow some and play X+ <_<

Okay fine go buy me a double bass pedal then I will grow some and play X+
Because playing with a real pedal and GHWT Pedal is not possible for even remotely fast double bass like DWE,DFN
uSound  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the necro-post, but I didn't want to make a new thread about something that I know has been around. I have a slightly different question that pertains to this, but since I'm not on the GH side much, I'm not sure if it has been discussed.

Is it acceptable to use Band Hero to post score for GH5's on-disc songs? As far as I know they're the same engine, right? If so, would a FG5S/FGFC be okay using this method?

Hopefully I'm not being too redundant here, I tried looking around first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. That's why there's an import section under Band Hero.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
uSound  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not one under Band Hero. There's Band Hero under GH5, but that's not what I'm asking about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could have sworn there was. Anyway no, you must FC the song on the respective disk to get a FGFC. Otherwise it's just an "all GH5 songs FC" or so seems to be the nomenclature.

edit: I have no idea why the imports are missing from Band Hero tab. There's no way a score from BH like DWEDFN should be inputted into the Guitar Hero 5 one. That's way unfair.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
uSound  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Just checking. This is why questions are asked before mistakes are made.
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
Could have sworn there was. Anyway no, you must FC the song on the respective disk to get a FGFC. Otherwise it's just an "all GH5 songs FC" or so seems to be the nomenclature.

edit: I have no idea why the imports are missing from Band Hero tab. There's no way a score from BH like DWEDFN should be inputted into the Guitar Hero 5 one. That's way unfair.

While it does sound unfair a little, JC put it a good way:

JCirri wrote:

One thing to note is that all the Imported/DLC songs, while also playable in Band Hero, should be submitted to the appropriate score tracking sections under GH5. The official leaderboards are combined between GH5 and BH for such songs, so it makes no sense to duplicate and split them apart on ScoreHero.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike65707 wrote:

JCirri wrote:

One thing to note is that all the Imported/DLC songs, while also playable in Band Hero, should be submitted to the appropriate score tracking sections under GH5. The official leaderboards are combined between GH5 and BH for such songs, so it makes no sense to duplicate and split them apart on ScoreHero.

Yes, I understand that but I'm pretty sure he's only talking about Imported and DLC. If that isn't the case and we can submit GH5 score from BH then I may go for that FGFC after all....

Mike65707  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
Mike65707 wrote:

JCirri wrote:

Yes, I understand that but I'm pretty sure he's only talking about Imported and DLC. If that isn't the case and we can submit GH5 score from BH then I may go for that FGFC after all....

I believe it's legal but I'm not sure. I only uploaded my broken Expert song scores from BH into GH5 because I saw Sulfurus do it. :P

And the fact that it's the only place you can put it.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: