7/4: Starting on RB Drums | GHVH HDFGFC!!|FGFCs/OMBs: 176/
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VertigoMan wrote:
Congrats on rankups! +1 on Expert is awesome. You are sqeezing god
Looking forward to see you get to top 10 on Expert

I appreciate the sentiment, but it's no squeezing. If I was getting +1 on Bushi's expert boards, I'd agree with you, but this is tracking on the user score statistics on the wiki instead. Trust me, I ain't that good with squeezing on Expert.

All the same, I'm hopeful for top 10 as well.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rank-ups:
Drums: +1 to 12th over GamingDaze
Blitz (all): +1 to 12th over DenBreezy
Rock Band 3: +1 to 22nd over iammax
Blitz (reg): +1 to 14th over louster200
Rock Band 2: +11 to 109th

Holy shit. He did it. Singem's the first player to ever reach 4 billion unique points. Just...wow.

Also, sjay, what have you been doing recently? I know your guitar points have been going up but I have no clue what you're playing to get them. Are you working through GH5??

As for me, things are getting closer and closer. Drums is at the big 50mil gap that I may or may not be able to push through by the end of the year. I'm not expecting to do so, but I will be pleasantly surprised if I do. If I can shave it down to about 10-20mil by then that would be great. Blitz is still on track to fall, so there's no worries there. A big 24mil gap separates 11th from 10th, which is going to be the biggest obstacle, but I should reach that point before the last week of December, so I'll have time to work on that. the (all) part of Blitz is going to be taken care of with the (reg) part because it's already at 12th place and that board doesn't have a big gap thanks to including RBN. I'll just need to work on the regular side.

RB3 is also moving along steadily. There's a lot of 5mil+ gaps to work through so it's not really that noticeable (as in, no consistent updates every week or big jumps), but seeing as I can usually get at least 5-7mil a week through drums and guitar/bass.

I actually decided to put a fair bit into RB2, and I'm actually well within spitting range of hitting the top 100! I'll probably actually get that hammered out first this weekend, so that'll be another thing I can cross off the list.

Expert may be a bit iffy, but once I pass psxfreak the worst gaps will be over with, and that final big gap will be covered either by Drums or by Blitz. It has been my expectation that I'll end up with just RB3 unfinished, but so long as that can get at/near 15th I'll be satisfied.

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving!

(as an aside, those adbots aren't really trying anymore. The most recent one I said was using, like, chinese or Japanese letters (hell, could've been Korean for all I know).)

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rank-ups:
Rock Band 2: +6 to 103rd

My yellow pad is shit. It almost literally can't recognize any hits that are on the edges while my other pads can; only center hits are even marked, and sometimes not even those if I hit it at a bad angle. Plus, there's no padding underneath so there's no sound muffling, which really makes me nervous to play it in my apartment because I'm pretty damn sure the neighboring units can hear it. It'd probably do as a backup, but I should look into another pad at this point.

As for this update, this week was slow. School, back-to-back closes, and a make-up day for Thanksgiving took up practically all of the week, so I don't have that much to offer. I might even call it a wrap if I get RB3 down to the top 20 because I don't know if I want to push myself to grind out the points to reach 15th in the final stretch; certainly not often if my drumkit's gonna be like this.

*sigh*. Hopefully I can knock off RB2 this week, and if I'm lucky I'll be within reach of 20th on RB3.

Mercurial  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head up No sense playing unless it's fun.

I modded my kit recently to fix faulty hit detection on my pads. Is this for a GH kit? I can help you improve your RB kits but not sure with GH kits how to fix them.
bushidox  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a GH kit that you use, I have a spare one I got 6 years ago with the BH boxed set that we used once and don't like. We prefer the 4 lane RB sets, so its an option should you be interested.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an RB kit. Never really cared for a GH one as I'd only really want to use it for tutorial achievements (which in this case is really really dumb).

Merc: It's not that it's not fun (I do honestly enjoy playing drums), but a little of the fun is sucked away when the pad doesn't register hits when you know you hit it, or when the thing is probably loud enough to be its own kit, most likely.

Bushi: I kinda prefer 4-lanes, too, even though they make rolls on the GH games super wonky.

bushidox  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Unlike my offer of a loan in the pro guitar for the PS3, this would be a gift if you had wanted it. I bought the Band Hero boxed set when a local Toys R Us went out of business. The full boxed set included guitar, mic, drums and game for $30. Pretty hard to say no to that, if just for a working guitar. We tried the drums out for one session, but otherwise they have gathered dust for 6 years now.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, I won't say no if you're offering it, just that in all likelihood it wouldn't see as much play as the RB kit would (probably some, just not a lot due to preferences; that, and I'm not quite willing to go full bore on both types of drums juuuuuust yet). To be honest, the biggest concern in that case would be finding space to store it (unless I break it up into its components instead of storing it as the completed unit). And having an extra guitar and mic would be cool (in this case, I'd actually be able to do triple harmonies!...if I had 2 other people to sing harmonies with...#foreveralone)

As a small update, though, I was playing RB2 today to get the final points needed for the top 100 (which I got today, I believe, yay!), when my yellow pad started dropping a LOT of notes, even when there was no doubt I was hitting it on time. So, after popping one of the suction pieces off to keep the pad inserted in the main board (and I always feel like I"m about to break the damn things trying to get them out), I found out that the white cord broke. I don't know when, or if it was fraying already and my jostling seconds before was the final straw, but there's ANOTHER pad down the drain. Thankfully, I've found replacements fairly cheaply it seems (~$10-15 or so seems cheap for this stuff), but it's really annoying now that I'm on the home stretch.

Welp, time to play the shit outta guitar again!

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can take it off your hands if you want bushi. no idea how much it'll cost to ship to zip code 12303. always wanted that boxed set but never went on sale. nothing come on sale in Canada.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To void: I meant the drum set + dongle. I use the guitar. I figured you already had a copy of the game and a mic.

To Cabanon, I thought you were joking until I checked out prices for BH kits in Canada, holy smokes.

Amazon CA has it for $286CA : https://www.amazon.ca/Activision-Blizzard-Inc-95973-Superbundle/dp/B002A9JH9E/ref=sr_1_64?ie=UTF8&qid=1512413942&sr=8-64&keywords=band+hero

Ebay CA has a GH5 set for $140: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Playstation-3-PS3-Guitar-Hero-WORLD-TOUR-BAND-KIT-w-Rock-Zero-Set-wireless-game/401019352139?hash=item5d5e9db44b:g:KAYAAOSwridaJMgT

Ebay CA has a BH set for $230: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/BAND-HERO-PS3-ROCK-BUNDLE-SET-DRUMS-GUITAR-MICROPHONE-GAME/232444016737?hash=item361ebe3861:g:3TIAAOSwZQRYeu4G

Kijiiji had some listings, but they are sorted by province, probably better you do a search: https://www.kijiji.ca/b-quebec/band-hero/k0l9001?dc=true
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, man. That's expensive even for a GH kit.

I think Cabanon might need that set more than I do, if he wants it.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rank-ups:
All: +1 to 3rd over Arvain (2.5 Billion points!)
Rock Band 3: +2 to 20th over Troggy and mrspeedy1999
Blitz (reg): +1 to 13th over DeftrockX3
Rock Band 2: +3 to 100th over moneyp, PlexShaw and DeftRockX3

rank-downs:
RBN (RB3): -1 to 3rd by stubbscroll

Rock Band 3 XGuitar FCs:
Just Dance
Redemption Song
In the End (Linkin Park)
Little of Your Time
One Love/People Get Ready

Rock Band 3 XBass On-Disc FCs:
Llama
No One Knows
Roundabout

Passed the 2.5 Billion point mark, and finally passed Arvain to have the 3rd-highest unique points! Just another small hurdle of another billion before I pass drama, right? *despondent sigh* Right...Well, I'm fairly sure i'll get there at some point, but there's no way I'll set it as an actual goal. It'll be more of a milestone to notice than anything.

I got my new yellow pad in the mail today, and it seems to work okay. I haven't tested it too much, but its at least operational. I think it's an RB1-style pad, so it's still kinda loud, but nowhere near as bad as the previous pad without its padding on. Even so, I decided to also order some Drumsshhhh pads on eBay, so we'll see how easy it is to install and how effective it is with this pad. I won't use it on the others because they're quiet and responsive enough (though I'm beginning to worry I'm going to smash the red pad off like I did with my very first drumkit), though.

Rock Band 2 has officially hit the top 100 rankings! I did speed up in the end to make an effort at getting this done before the end of the year, but I am glad that it is done. I may look to put it down to the top 50, but I doubt I will put the effort in to go farther than the top 10 since there's no reason to go back to it beyond squeezing the on-disc songs. Still glad to finally knock that off the list!

RB3 hits the top 20 at last. To be quite honest, I'm considering just hanging it up there and coming back to this at a later point. It's 30 million to 15th with only 22 days left in the year, and while I may still keep at it with trying to average about 30+ songs a week when I can, that's not going to be enough without hitting some 200k songs. I could just drop down to Hard for that and use Blitz to finish Expert. Maybe. We'll see.

As a side note, I just noticed stubbscroll took over 2nd on RBN (RB3). I'm going to take care of that, at the very least.

Still, switching to Lefty, while that will be what the most of 2018 will be focused on, is probably not going to be a year-long effort. I don't think it'll take that long to get even 10 stats to the top 500, though it will likely take close to half a year at a long estimate. With that in mind, I am thinking about what my next options are once I switch back to righty. Current runners are 200 FGFCs, squeezing via Bushi's boards, HOMBFCs, and getting scores input into GHWT for instruments and difficulties. I haven't made my decision yet, but you all are more than welcome to offer suggestions in the meantime while I'm "away".

Take care, people.

sjay  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on reaching 3rd spot and 2.5 billion dude . Nothing but respect on both achievements \m/
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this rate you'll get there on Easy points alone, sjay.

What have you been doing recently, anyways? You haven't bumped your acc. thread in awhile.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rank-ups:
Expert: +1 to 13th over psxfreak101
Blitz (All): +1 to 10th over Kubuh (Top 10!)
RBN (RB3): +1 to 2nd over stubbscroll
Blitz (Reg): +1 to 12th over djpatch28

Another stat in the top 10! And with psx's massive gap cleared Expert is guaranteed to fall as I advance on Blitz.

I'm going to have a surprisingly light work schedule in the upcoming weeks, both from a requested full week off on the week of Christmas itself (24th-31st) and my GM letting me only work Monday-Wednesday this upcoming week. It works out due to the amount of shift leads we'll have for the break, but it will grant me some leniency in how fast I have to speed through things. No guarantees on making top 15th on RB3, though.

(Still makes me wish I had better chops at drums. And better stamina. Can't even go 5 songs sometimes before either my right arm or right leg can't do shit. ANd I hate faster-beat songs like Walk of Life (or, for a GH example, What do I Get?).)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 47 of 63

Jump to: