ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
9/19 - Xbox Live: Play Guitar Hero 5 with the Developers!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
memesis  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: 9/19 - Xbox Live: Play Guitar Hero 5 with the Developers! Reply with quote

Xbox.com wrote:
Time to strike that note and rock out with Neversoft, developers of the popular Guitar Hero® 5 game, as they play Xbox LIVE® Gold Members in a special Game with Developers event September 19. If you're a Gold member (if you're not a Member, upgrade now!) join us Saturday, September 19 from 6:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M. ET for some musical shenanigans.

Look for the following Gamertags and send off an invite:

* GHDevSteph
* GHDevJustin
* GHDevMichael
* GHDevLee
* GHDevThomas
* GHDevJessica
* GHDevJoeK
* GHDevBunny
* GHDevKen
* GHDevKhalin
* GHDevDaniel
* GHDevMatthew
* GHDevGreg
* GHDevKenneth
* GHDevRonnie
* GHDevTravisR
* GHDevJames
* GHDevWilliam

If you get a chance to play with the developers of Guitar Hero 5, we want to hear all about it! We'll be posting recaps from gamers all across the country. Send us an email with the subject "GWD — Guitar Hero 5," and be sure to include your Gamertag and home town!

It seems I missed the deadline to sign up for this particular event . All the same, everyone needs to sign on, rock out, and have a great time! Just so everyone's clear, it's all going down at 6pm-9pm ET, which translates to 3pm-6pm PT. Have a blast everyone, and keep rockin' hard! \m/
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look for my name and I'll be happy to play.

It's gonna be sweeeeeeet. Would have rather it be Wednesday, would have been a nice tie-in with ScoreHero Night Out.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exclusive gold member ? if i'd be a silver member i'd be pissed off. bah anyway i'll wait the psn event.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
exclusive gold member ? if i'd be a silver member i'd be pissed off. bah anyway i'll wait the psn event.

You arent really understanding what gold/silver member means as the essential element that is being paid for do you? While i can see your dilemma here, it being obviously much more difficult to troll somethign when you are utterly ignorant about it, my mother had some advice which i feel is quite apropos, To Wit: 'if you cant think of anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.' Also, Wilde (paraphrased): 'it is better to stay silent and have everyone think you are a fool, than to open you mouth and prove it beyond a doubt'.

On topic, if i can be on early enough id love to do that, as online (even randaband) is awesome fun on this game.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:

It's gonna be sweeeeeeet. Would have rather it be Wednesday, would have been a nice tie-in with ScoreHero Night Out.

I was gonna mention this too. For people with a full friend list, like me, I always want to play with developers but I can't really add you to my friend list... and I feel funny about spamming invites to people I don't know.

If you guys do another of these, you should try to make it coincide with SHNO. Then when you join a random band the ScoreHeroes will be like WOW! Haha.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

You arent really understanding what gold/silver member means as the essential element that is being paid for do you? While i can see your dilemma here, it being obviously much more difficult to troll somethign when you are utterly ignorant about it, my mother had some advice which i feel is quite apropos, To Wit: 'if you cant think of anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.' Also, Wilde (paraphrased): 'it is better to stay silent and have everyone think you are a fool, than to open you mouth and prove it beyond a doubt'.

On topic, if i can be on early enough id love to do that, as online (even randaband) is awesome fun on this game.

you're right, i probably dont know the difference between gold/silver, but the fact is there. if i would have a 360 and playing GH5 with a silver account, i would say wow, ok another gold exclusive... but i understand, next time i'll shut my mouth as i cant throw my 2 cents of something i dont know.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
you're right, i probably dont know the difference between gold/silver, but the fact is there. if i would have a 360 and playing GH5 with a silver account, i would say wow, ok another gold exclusive... but i understand, next time i'll shut my mouth as i cant throw my 2 cents of something i dont know.

Yeah the core difference of gold/silver is that gold gets online play, silver doesnt. It would (and does) make sense for silver subscribers to gripe when there is stuff like arbitrarily gold-exclusive discounts of content, or timed exclusivity for a demo, as all those thigns are sort of ancilliary 'sweeteners' put in by MS simply to try and add extra value to their gold service at the expense of the non-subscription customers. But thats not hte case here as hte reason that silver subscribers cant play with the devs online wihtout upgrading to gold, is that they cant play with *anyone* online wihtout upgrading to gold. eg, the key difference is that here the value added for hte gold consumers is coming from the developer participation, not from specifically preventing silver members from getting something (as is the case with gold exclusive demos, etc).

And im sorry if i sounded like an asshat there, but your reply just happened to correspond to the well-overused fanboy trope of 'another gold exclusive! ill stick with my PSN, k thanx', and triggered my instinctive annoyabce reaction. Whereas upon re-reading i realize that you may not have acutally meant it that way and i didnt need to be such a rude jackass.
bl1i8n2k  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What great day. , I JUST had to find this out on the day my Xbox died. UUGGHH.....

Good luck anyways.

OBTAINED STATUS ON 11/12/09 AT 9:20 P.M. CT!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: E Ten Pooh Wii Friend Code: 2265615260693457
thenewkidaw71  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cantt waitt !! I alway love play with the developers nite.

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
memesis  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Cyberwaste wrote:

I was gonna mention this too. For people with a full friend list, like me, I always want to play with developers but I can't really add you to my friend list... and I feel funny about spamming invites to people I don't know.

If you guys do another of these, you should try to make it coincide with SHNO. Then when you join a random band the ScoreHeroes will be like WOW! Haha.

Well if you take look at the XBL events calender (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/calendar/), MS has a pretty regular schedule that particular events follow. "Game With Dev" events generally always take place on the weekends, while the earlier days in the week stick to the same format ("Gamerchix" nights take up the Wednesday slot each week). Additionally, you have to consider that these events have to cater to multiple timezones, something that is much harder to coordinate during the work week (especially when it depends on where a particular studio is located). So while I would personally love to see a GH "Game w/ the Devs" event line up with SHNO, it's probably more realistic to have SHNO line up with developer events instead :p. I missed the SHNO last week, but I'll be sure to join in the fun tomorrow night for sure!
lollerskater  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I sound like a complete n00b, but how does this work? Do you have to FRIEND the devs to play against them? Or do you just hope you get them in a Live game?
X360: GH3 | GH:M | GH5 | GH:VH | RB2
I make custom songs. Meaning I make my own music and chart them. Kind of like ExileLord
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: metallicais1337
memesis  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lollerskater wrote:
Sorry if I sound like a complete n00b, but how does this work? Do you have to FRIEND the devs to play against them? Or do you just hope you get them in a Live game?

Anyway that you are able to get our attention on Live works. Sending friend requests is one way. We won't accept them, obviously, but it is a way for us to have a list of names that we can invite to play in efforts to give more people an opportunity to play with us. Sending us a message also works just fine, but PLEASE don't spam messages our way. Every event there is always at least one person who feels it necessary to send an invite my way every 15 seconds. There are a lot of people who want a chance to play with us, and while it sounds kinda lame, everyone has to wait their turn :p. But ya, that's the basic gist of it. You have our gamertags for the event, message/request away.
lollerskater  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O I feel honored! An NS employee responded to ME! :P

So we send you a message or request and then you'll invite us to the game (when it's our turn xD)?
X360: GH3 | GH:M | GH5 | GH:VH | RB2
I make custom songs. Meaning I make my own music and chart them. Kind of like ExileLord
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: metallicais1337
memesis  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lollerskater wrote:
:O I feel honored! An NS employee responded to ME! :P

So we send you a message or request and then you'll invite us to the game (when it's our turn xD)?

Yup. Also, once you send a friend request, it is possible for you to send a game invite our way. The gamertag will show up in your friends list as "pending", and from there you are able to view the profile and invite us to a game. Keep in mind that we may not be able to acknowledge the invite as we may already be in the middle of a game with someone else at the time.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memesis wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Cyberwaste wrote:

Well if you take look at the XBL events calender (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/calendar/), MS has a pretty regular schedule that particular events follow. "Game With Dev" events generally always take place on the weekends, while the earlier days in the week stick to the same format ("Gamerchix" nights take up the Wednesday slot each week). Additionally, you have to consider that these events have to cater to multiple timezones, something that is much harder to coordinate during the work week (especially when it depends on where a particular studio is located). So while I would personally love to see a GH "Game w/ the Devs" event line up with SHNO, it's probably more realistic to have SHNO line up with developer events instead :p. I missed the SHNO last week, but I'll be sure to join in the fun tomorrow night for sure!

Good point. Perhaps I can throw an extra Night Out in on the 19th.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: