ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Near Misses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicman88  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Near Misses Reply with quote

What's the closest you've missed your target score? I got a 151,493 on Texas Flood on Expert and I needed 151, 509 for 5*. 16 MFing points!
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's pretty close. While I was trying to 5 star CFH I missed by 3000 points and then 1000 points and then about 500. I was pissed then. But you got a lot closer.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Hellion42  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Carlin*] When two planes cross paths in the sky they call it a "near miss." That's a near HIT! A near miss would be a mid-air collision! "What a shame... they nearly missed." [/Carlin]

*paraphrased to save me the trouble of digging up the skit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My misses weren't as close as yours, but over a string of two or three days with Texas Flood, I know I scored 148,xxx three times in a row, then I started doing worse, then I would score 148K again. Finally I scored 151,179. That was only 300 points short of a five-star.

Then I put the song away for a while, came back and scored a 161K on the first try (???). I don't understand this game sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellion42 wrote:
[Carlin*] When two planes cross paths in the sky they call it a "near miss." That's a near HIT! A near miss would be a mid-air collision! "What a shame... they nearly missed." [/Carlin]

*super-small text that no one can read

In that vein, I almost missed 5-starring Bark at the Moon on expert. My score was 233,162--just 21 points more than the cutoff. I was surprised at that, let me tell you.

Bark at the Zoo
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkepticalMario wrote:
Hellion42 wrote:

*super-small text that no one can read

In that vein, I almost missed 5-starring Bark at the Moon on expert. My score was 233,162--just 21 points more than the cutoff. I was surprised at that, let me tell you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, Pope, tell 'em about the time you just barely missed 400k on The Breaking Wheel!

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got pissed off while trying to 5star Take it Off on Hard, it's pretty difficult to do in my opinion because i kept missing the transition from BR -R - YO - G and at one point i thought i had it, i had around 80 points more than the 4star cutoff and thought i had made it, i even stopped the last long chord earlier so that i'd be able to make the new 5star cutoff only to find out that i was just a little short of 5 starring it -_-

Anyway on the next try i scored 128,160 points and was surprised because before the last solo i had over 110k and i don't know how i did that
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday i was playing Frankenstein and i was on a roll, and i thought i had the 5* (because i didn't remember the exact cutoff). i saw the results screen....it was a 4!. i took another look at the score it was 176,807.....40 pts off the cutoff....needless to say i was pissed and proceedd to get a picture for proof then ket 194k on my very next run.
popemobile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
hey, Pope, tell 'em about the time you just barely missed 400k on The Breaking Wheel!

BAH!

ok, here goes

i was at the end with a 4x mutiplier, and i was focus

then i got to the very last part and i was still focus, and then came the YB YB YO YB YB part and i missed the very last YB chord, and i came up 1000 points short of the 400000 mark that i had been trying to get for the last hour

now i cant seem to get close to that mark again

[/pain]
Galgo  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nearest miss was 5 staring BatM, I was 379 points away, the next day I got 5 stars though. Another one happened today, I was playing Frankenstein and doing, what I thought, was 5 star potential, before the cords come I sometimes use star power out of bad habit and I did this time. I calculated the and I could have gotten 20,000 to 25,000 more points during the cords at the end bringing me to a 5 star, or at least very close to one.
MLafer  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just happened yesterday. I was playing BatM on expert, and I had previously, well...abused my guitar while trying to 100% Crossroads on hard. I get the first SP on the held notes coming out of the first solo, and then "STAR POWER ACTIVATED!". I hadn't pressed anything at all, tilted the guitar, nothing. I didn't miss a note up to the chorus, but I missed the SP on the scales, and probably my chance to get the 5 star, I was short by less than 1000 points.

And my controller is probably broken.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
JHetfield0816 wrote:

BAH!

ok, here goes

i was at the end with a 4x mutiplier, and i was focus

then i got to the very last part and i was still focus, and then came the YB YB YO YB YB part and i missed the very last YB chord, and i came up 1000 points short of the 400000 mark that i had been trying to get for the last hour

now i cant seem to get close to that mark again

[/pain]

i just got 400k on it tonight Mr. Green seriously pope don't give up, man...i never thought i'd be able to get 400k after the problems i was having with my right hand before....all of a sudden things will click into place and you'll get it

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLafer wrote:
Just happened yesterday. I was playing BatM on expert, and I had previously, well...abused my guitar while trying to 100% Crossroads on hard. I get the first SP on the held notes coming out of the first solo, and then "STAR POWER ACTIVATED!". I hadn't pressed anything at all, tilted the guitar, nothing. I didn't miss a note up to the chorus, but I missed the SP on the scales, and probably my chance to get the 5 star, I was short by less than 1000 points.

And my controller is probably broken.

Man, that sucks. My guitar acts up like that, too, sometimes. Whenever I strum to hard or shake the guitar, it seems like it will activate SP just to piss me off. I don't know if you're guitar is broken, though. My new SG does that and it's, well, new.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

MLafer  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:

Man, that sucks. My guitar acts up like that, too, sometimes. Whenever I strum to hard or shake the guitar, it seems like it will activate SP just to piss me off. I don't know if you're guitar is broken, though. My new SG does that and it's, well, new.

Definitely broken. I was playing today and it must have happened about 7 or 8 times. I have one of the really old models with the crappy buttons so I look forward to getting a new one tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: