ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Halo Series (Master Cheese Collection: November 2014)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game's great. Wish the killcams were less glitchy, I genuinely would enjoy seeing what my opponent did to best me in a DMR duel or something.

And for the BR being obsolete, I do not think so. I often lose close range DMR vs BR duels (me exclusively using DMR), and I don't miss shots often in those. The BR is far superior on close ranged maps, though as soon as you get into midrange, it's relatively easy to out-DMR a BR-er.

I think they made the attributes of the guns to reflect the range they're effective at: BR close, DMR mid, Light Rifle long. However, the DMR is pretty adept at all three, so it's pretty much favored.

EDIT: fuck the saw
NU Grad 2015
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait I've played this game for like 5 hours and I haven't seen a single killcam yet...
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
Wait I've played this game for like 5 hours and I haven't seen a single killcam yet...

It's there after every kill (Except in Pro? Haven't paid attention much). Have you been pressing X to spawn instantly?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno the specific playlists that don't have them, but Infinity Slayer definitely has killcams.

CamelTower  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

took way too long, but got my first matchmaking overkill

i don't like how the announcer says it though.... in fact i don't like how the medals barely even show up, too. that shiny yellow double kill medal used to be pretty cool now it's like meh whatever, double kill
NU Grad 2015
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys want free 9k XP and the Raider armor set for the game, some people on the Waypoint forums have figured out the codes for the 'Classified' section of your career. I dunno how to do it on Waypoint on Xbox, but on the website, highlight Career, click Classified, then Enter Code.

Translated Forerunner glyphs

Codes:
Section 3 Archive: ONI: T 5 C E 6 K V 3 R 8
5000 XP

Section 3 Archive: Wiseguy: 9 W E 6 2 1 K N 8 F
2000 XP

Requiem Archive 1: SPEC-Shoulders: 1 U K 3 C V Y J Z M
500 XP

Requiem Archive 1: SPEC-Torso: 3 V G R Z J 1 B S 6
500 XP

Requiem Archive 1: SPEC-Helmet: Q 2 3 9 S F 2 P G Z
500 XP

Requiem Archive 1: SPEC Complete (For entering the other Requiem Archive 1 codes)
500 XP

Anthony8  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this has ever been discussed, but who in here plays aggressively or passive?

For myself, I usually play aggressively. If I'm playing with randoms then I'm always trying to go for rockets and a shotgun (depending on the map of course, sometimes the sniper rifle). Almost all of my teammates can't hold their ground, even if they're playing passively. I usually have to be the one to try to back them up. I rarely have teammates that are skilled and also push for the power weapons and map control. Also, it's a pain in the ass when they quit out on me and it's hard to tell whether I should be passive or not since getting cornered isn't part of a strategy ;p.
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I know that's annoying Chris, but you should build up a friends list of people to play with that know what they're doing, it makes playing a lot more fun. Though playing with noobs against noobs has it's charms as well. I am a support player, a mediocre one at best. The only map I was really confident with the sniper was on Sanctuary in Reach... Oh, and get H4! >_>

SWAT was added today, if anyone noticed or has been waiting for it. Snipers and Doubles playlists are loosely scheduled for next week, according to a 343 forum post that someone linked me to earlier today. Looking forward to Snipers, as I haven't been playing many custom games and there are few on-map spawns of it.

One thing that irks me about infinity slayer is my damned misfortune. I literally get zero good ordinances for streaks of like 5 games. I played for three or four hours yesterday and didn't get a single beam rifle
NU Grad 2015
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I hope you don't mind language barriers, unless you're proficient with speaking Spanish. I'm trying to build it, but I think people go out of their way when it comes to underestimating/overestimating people. I've been stuck with Reach because I haven't deposited a check lately, so I'll get Halo 4 at the latest by the end of the week, just hold on . Not all playlists are available so that's less of an incentive to get it.
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have kind of a team, we'd just play to eff around
NU Grad 2015
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get my own copy yet, but I have it out of redbox.

And I beat Legendary on my own in one sitting, with no knowledge of the game.

The literal only struggles were with the fucking Promethians. Why the hell are they like elite zealots that take three unshielded headshots to kill and do like 50% shots with the weakest weapons and like 200% shots with the strong ones, and then they come in groups of like five or more along with various allies who are also unfun to kill. And then the game gives you like no checkpoints midfight. If I never see them in another game after this, it'll be too soon.

I quite enjoyed any time I wasn't fighting an up-cliff battle against enemies who tank damage and one shot me though. (Don't try to tell me that's fair, even for Legendary. 100% shots should never exist.) I look forward to getting some time with multiplayer.

Also dat ending.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the prometheans are pretty annoying

it seems like the promethean knights recover their shields much faster than Elites

i didn't really mind the one shot deaths from the binary rifle or the incineration cannon, since those are supposed to be one shot kills

there were a few occasions where a promethean knight would teleport right next to me with a scattershot and one hit kill me though, which i thought was very unfair
it's a close range weapon, and the strategy is to fight them with a midrange or long range weapon.
teleporting next to me removes all strategy from it

also, the watchers are crazy annoying. shielding allies, catching grenades, healing and reviving allies and they fly away behind cover if you shoot at them

in one spartan ops mission, one watcher hid long after i killed the others, and revived every enemy when i was moving on to the next objective

BucketBlue wrote:
If you guys want free 9k XP and the Raider armor set for the game, some people on the Waypoint forums have figured out the codes for the 'Classified' section of your career. I dunno how to do it on Waypoint on Xbox, but on the website, highlight Career, click Classified, then Enter Code.

Translated Forerunner glyphs

Section 3 Archive: Wiseguy: 9 W E 6 2 1 K N 8 F
2000 XP

just FYI for anyone else

this code didn't work for me, because i haven't found all of the terminals in the campaign.

i think the other codes have requirements before you can use them as well

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most frustrating thing with the knights for me is the teleporting. I've had some knights that would teleport after getting shot, then do it again after I shoot him, then do it AGAIN after being hit some more. The teleporting has invincibility time, which is the worst part.

Then crawlers fight like skirmishers but with a melee attack. Annoying as hell.

I actually miss the Flood now.

Edit:
So for my first specialization, I'm going for Rogue. (Currently level 53/Rogue 3) The support thing that you unlock at the end reduces or possibly eliminates recoil when you're getting shot when zoomed. To me that is the most helpful since flinch has ruined many battles.

Which specialization is everyone else going for?

CamelTower  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucketBlue wrote:

Which specialization is everyone else going for?

As of now, Rogue also seems the most desirable to me, as I rage pretty hard when I lose a DMR battle due to the scope recoil, as I'm sure you heard :o

The other one that is interesting to me is the Tracker, as this way if I keep getting needler ordinances I can swap them out. Also, assuming the three powerups cannot repeat themselves in the new drop, it significantly increases the chance of getting the OP as shizz damage boost, which would be pretty cool to be able to get multiple times a game.
NU Grad 2015
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised as to how many people would play BTB to boost their k/d, several games in a row, or if not then probably continuously. How shameful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 129 of 132

Jump to: