ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Halo Series (Master Cheese Collection: November 2014)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony8 wrote:
I'm surprised as to how many people in the Halo community would take so much time to play BTB to just boost their k/d. How shameful.

Are you really? Plus, why do you care if they do? I hope you really don't judge skill solely on K/D.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Are you really? Plus, why do you care if they do? I hope you really don't judge skill solely on K/D.

I feel as though people waste their time on that playlist since they can't display their individual skill. Also people are earning easy kills after another, hence it doesn't provide a challenge. I don't care about k/d, I care about securing a win.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony8 wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

I feel as though people waste their time on that playlist since they can't display their individual skill. Also people are earning easy kills after another, hence it doesn't provide a challenge. I don't care about k/d, I care about securing a win.

Talking about individual skill in a team game. You can have all the individual skill you want, a team with better teamwork than the other will win.

Also, if people are earning easy kills, then that should be an easy win, right? So they are doing what you care about. A win is a win, no matter how easy it is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Talking about individual skill in a team game. You can have all the individual skill you want, a team with better teamwork than the other will win.

Also, if people are earning easy kills, then that should be an easy win, right? So they are doing what you care about. A win is a win, no matter how easy it is.

You interpreted this in a different way, but go ahead and think what you want.
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, some people care about their stats way too much.

Not gonna lie, if someone is negative I am going to assume that they are bad though. Thus, in anticipation of ranked playlists in H4, i'm statwhoring pretty hard in hopes of padding my stats a bit before I start to play good people all the time. As to why people do it; it's an endorphine rush I guess seeing on waypoint having a 2+ ratio I guess.
NU Grad 2015
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so I made it to level 60 and finally got the Stability mod and tested it in a custom with a second controller.

http://i47.tinypic.com/k2gip.jpg

The left set of bullet holes are without the mod. The bottom shot is where I started when scoped, then I had the guest shoot me six times and then I shot the wall again when I stopped rising from flinch. The test concludes that with the mod, flinch is still there, but reduced. It's still stupid hard to nail a headshot with a sniper (Only tried Beam Rifle so far) while being shot with it turned on though. Seems helpful, but maybe not helpful enough. I'll test it some more in matches later.

Anthony8  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disregard this post.

Last edited by Anthony8 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems as though it's either Halo 3 or 4 that people play the most now, and I'll be conforming to that.

To put it in short terms, my guest teammates are a wild pack of retards. I'm sick of my teammates feeding kills to the opposing team and they must have this mindset that the AR makes them invincible. Also, one of my teammates thought it was ok to keeping commiting suicide to help the opposing team win in a snipers game, over ten times.

Edit: Playing MLG now. If super slayer had no bloom then I'd probably play that more than this, but either way MLG is loads of fun.

Last edited by Anthony8 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
V0Lt4Ge  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halo 4 is friggin' sweet, and that's all I have to say about it for the most part. Wish I could get a little bit more into it, but most of my friends play CoD or other games.

"Now, if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish... Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry - an absolute death machine."
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: V0Lt4Ge
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally completed the Tracker specialization, and I highly recommend it as one of he earliest ones you do if it is available. It really makes Infinity Slayer a lot more fun when you can have two shots at a good ordinance.

Oh, and the hidden true skill rating or w/e is actually pretty good in this game. I noticed that when I play by myself or with other good players we pretty predominantly play other good players/teams. Then, when I play with a guest, we often get matched up with other guests. It was annoying in Super Slayer in Reach when I would go on with like two guests just to have some fun, and my high hidden rating would match us up against a team of 4 tryhards and we would just get raped quite often. This isn't getting much attention, but I'm glad 343 (thus far) has done a good job with this.
NU Grad 2015
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing it for the past few days and even though I have no real problems with multiplayer (it surely doesn't play like Halo, but whatever), I greatly dislike the lack of options for campaign. No scoring and no recording for it is such a huge step back for the game.

Also the plot so far is really weak. Can't say that I enjoy it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we couldn't have more polar opposite opinions. I feel like it really does play like Halo (more than Reach did, for sure), I don't care about campaign scoring or recording in the slightest, and I like the plot.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

halo sucks
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I personally don't mind the game, since it's a new experience and all, a big goal of the game being in MLG or other competitive ways. This is a rant a big Halo icon (Ghandi) made a couple days back on his blog, it's been reposted to all the Halo-related forums, but it pretty accurately sums up the qualms of all the recent hard-core players.

(Massive TL;DR)
Quote:
I have given ten years of my life to competitive Halo. I’ve gone from being a national champion to commentating. For those who have been apart of Halo as long as I have will not argue that Halo has progressively gotten worse. Sadly, most of you started in either Halo 3 or the game that solely crippled the community called Halo Reach. You all have missed out on the glory days of Halo for sure. There is nothing more frustrating than being told to have patience by various people in this community. I’ve been doing this shit for ten years and I know what works and when something sucks.
I’m not going to talk about Halo CE much but know that it had/still has a cult like following. In order to play the game you had to manually searching for games through a program than ran on your PC. It was a major hassle but everyone did it because the game was so enjoyable to play.
Halo 2 was completely different than Halo CE, but it had something that Halo CE didn’t have… Wait for it…. Xbox LIVE! Finding games was so easy that everyone played for hours upon HOURS every day. Yes, the majority of Halo CE Pros despised the game at first but it didn’t stop them from logging countless hours on the game. “How was this possible?” It’s called RANKS! Ask every single “known” console FPS player what game they enjoyed the best and 99% of them will say Halo 2. This was all because of the ranking system and the online charts. Rumble Pit, Head to Head, Team Slayer, and both clan matches were the playlists that if one got to the top page they were viewed as gods. I remember making it onto the leader boards of Minor Clan matches (I believe that’s what it was called) and I printed out the page and brought it to school just so I could brag to my friends. This matchmaking playlist was AMAZING. It took forever to level up and you got punished for losing games. Unfortunately, Bungie didn’t realize the power the playlist had on the community and decided to “noob it down” for Halo 3.
Halo 3 began the dawn of customizations and forge maps. Some view it as a blessing others view it as a curse but that’s all perception. Regardless, Halo 3 had the largest on-line viewership of any other Halo Titles. Tsquared got on the Dr. Pepper bottle, Instinct got sponsored by Old Spice, Hot Pockets sponsored Triggers Down, and Stride Gum sponsored Carbon (but would move to sponsoring individual players). After reading that sentence there is no arguing that HALO was at it’s peak in terms of sponsors and exposure, but on-line experience wasn’t the same. Yes, MLG had a playlist and you could achieve a level “50,” but just about anyone in the top 64 could achieve a level 50. Personally, it wasn’t as meaningful to me, but it was still better than nothing. It gave a lot of new comers to the scene something to achieve if they couldn’t make it to an event. I believe this is the most overlooked detail of a ranking system. If players enter a play-list designed towards competitive play they are interested in being the best they will most likely look into events. Not everyone has hundreds, or even thousands of dollars to travel to an event to compete especially if they don’t know how good they are. If your dream is to become a professional player but if you don’t have the money to travel you’re essentially waiting around for the event to be close to your area. Without a ranked playlist these individuals are just sitting around playing various play-lists just to stop them from putting a bullet in their brain from boredom.
Halo Reach….. That’s all I’ll say about that. The Noble 6 was a pussy.
Now, I’m going to skip over talking about Halo 4. Ah, fuck it. I’ll talk a little bit about it. Halo 4 peaked at 470,534 on-line users on November 7th. Since November 7th the game has been on a steady decline. We have seen lows of 137,056 on-line users. Wow, that’s pretty abysmal. Now correlation doesn’t prove causation but it’s think it’s pretty safe to say that the online experience in Halo 4 just isn’t satisfactory. The biggest problem is ranks. I don’t understand how a game can get worse over the years, but Halo has done it. They were FLAWLESS with the on-line experience in Halo 2. Completely flawless, but then they get rid of it and turned it into a steamy pile of shit. This should be alarming for everyone who loves the halo series because it’s not looking good for us. I don’t want to talk about game types and settings for competitive play because it’s not going to change anyone’s perception, but food for thought. There is currently 2,013 online users in Team Slayer Pro. Team Slayer Pro is a stripped down version of Halo 4, but most players don’t like the stripped down playlist. Now Infinity Slayer has 26,861 players as we speak, so it’s clear what the majority of people enjoy. Now the obvious choice for competitive settings would be something in between Team Slayer Pro and Infinity slayer, but what’s actually happening is the opposite. Ghostayame, my former teammate and pretty good friend, is testing BR only start. He’s stripping the game down to the point where it’s more unappealing than Team Slayer Pro. If these settings are finalized you can expect about 2,000-4,000 players searching the MLG Play-list when it’s released. I just don’t comprehend the mindset of people. EVERYONE preached for fucking months before Halo 4 was launched that “everything needs to be vanilla. Let the game evolve. Blah!” Now the games been out for almost a month and everyone wants it changed. Still I can’t really figure out what’s worse, changing the settings to BR only and stripping down the game or using ALL FORGE MAPS so no casual knows what the fuck is going on.
Here’s the real message I want to convey to all developers (especially 343). The gaming industry is BOOMING. If you want your multiplayer title to be successful you MUST include a basic spectator mode, a bad ass rank play list, and you have to support the title in the competitive scene. It isn’t hard to understand. Not to be cliche but look at League of Legends. League is by far the biggest game is Professional Gaming and they have the three basics. A working ranked play-list (although ELO Hell sucks!), a sufficient spectator mode, and they support the competitive scene so much that they throw tournaments for the game. It is very hard to compete with that, so if you aren’t willing to even give your players two out of three of those things your game will eventually die. I give the life expectancy of games without the basics about six to nine months.
I sincerely hope we can find gametypes that make Halo 4 highly competitive but as it stands I’m not getting my hopes up. Sometimes people just care about the brand and not what’s good for everyone. Peace!

TL;DR version:
PiemanLK wrote:
halo sucks

NU Grad 2015
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't posted in ages, but this is practically the only game I have time to play anymore and I have few on my friend's list that are on as much as I am. Hit me up if you want to play (and enjoy) some games!

Gamertag - Kemo5abe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 130 of 132

Jump to: