ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH5 Expert Drums FC Breakdown *WIP*
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: GH5 Expert Drums FC Breakdown *WIP* Reply with quote

Most of the middle isn't properly ordered yet. I didn't even recognise the names of some songs, will have a better look when I get home.

This list is for Expert charts only. The broken nature of those charts with Expert+ sections is taken into account. Try not to discuss this too much they are broken, maybe you can hit them in certain ways, but not the conventional way.

Now I can't remember all the charts so community input is greatly appreciated. However, please try not to just say "X is harder than Y" or "Z should be moved up" I would love some elaboration to help with the decision making. "X is harder than Y because..." "Z should be moved up to ... because..."

1. Blue Orchid - Very Easy FC for anyone with 2 arms and a leg.
2. Only Happy When It Rains - Slow song, same pattern repeats throughout.
3. In My Place - Slow, basic song. Not hard.
4. Song 2 - Short song at a reasonable speed.
5. They Say - Short, slowish song. Very simple pattern.
6. Cigarettes, Wedding Bands
7. Du Hast - Very basic song, not very fast but quite long. Watch for slight variations that appear occasionally.
8. Feel Good Inc. - Easy song, only ranked above Du Hast for the Yellow roll near the start.
9. 20th Centrury Boy
10. Hurts So Good
11. Fame
12. Make It Wit Chu - Slow song, swung rhythm. 1 tricky fill about 2/3 in.
13. Sympathy For The Devil - The only danger is being able to pay attention to the changing pattern, while remaining awake for 6 1/2 minutes.
14. L.A.
15. Shout It Out Loud
16. Runnin' Down A Dream
17. Wannabe In LA
18. Bleed American
19. What I Got
20. Plug In Baby
21. All Along The Watchtower
22. Mirror People
23. Lonely Is The Night
24. Comedown
25. American Girl
26. Steady, As She Goes
27. Play That Funky Music
28. Lithium (Live)
29. Gratitude
30. Sowing Season (Yeah)
31. Blue Day - The outro on this song is fucking hard. Unless you get lucky it will take FOREVER to FC it.
32. A-Punk
33. Dancing With Myself
34. Gamma Ray
35. Never Miss A Beat
36. Looks That Kill
37. In The Meantime
38. You Give Love A Bad Name
39. Send A Little Love Token
40. Why Bother?
41. Sex On Fire
42. Ex-Girlfriend
43. Nearly Lost You
44. Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)
45. Under Pressure
46. Wolf Like Me
47. Bring The Noise 20XX
48. Smells Like Teen Spirit
49. You And Me
50. Kryptonite
51. Sneak Out
52. We're An American Band
53. Streamline Woman
54. Maiden, Mother & Crone
55. Incinerate
56. Medicate
57. So Lonely
58. All The Pretty Faces
59. Six Days A Week
60. Hungry Like The Wolf
61. Judith
62. Bullet With Butterfly Wings
63. Jailbreak
64. No One To Depend On (Live)
65. 2 Minutes To Midnight
66. Sultans Of Swing
67. The Rock Show
68. Do You Feel Like We Do? (Live)
69. Superstition
70. One Big Holiday
71. Disconnected
72. Deadbolt
73. Back Round
74. Seven
75. Ring Of Fire
76. Lust For Life (Live)
77. Younk Funk - 2 Solos FULL of 16th Triplet fills. Double strokes and changes of pace, good luck!
78. The Spirit Of Radio (Live) - Some Live Neil Peart for you. Loads of fills, the usual "YYZ pattern" and some broken bass for good measure.
79. Sweating Bullets - Easy outside of broken poly-rhythms and a really rather fast roll on the toms. Do you have the chops?
80. Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix) - 7 Minute song. Long, fast, varying hi-hat ride. Lots of fills after this, red+blue fill is left-handed 16th triplets.
81. Brianstorm - Do you like Cross-overs? Very fast alternating toms, coupled with rapid hi-hat ride. Outro is a mess of a choke-fest.
82. Demon(s)
83. Done With Everything, Die For Nothing - Some very tough fills and a hugely broken, fast last 1/4 of the song.
84. 21st Century Schizoid Man - Long song, fast with a changing pattern. Crazy section half way in, you'll see it when you fail there.
85. Scatterbrain (Live) - Random spam at a fast pace. I swear the chart is different every time.

Last edited by Sulfurus on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:33 pm; edited 21 times in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Sulfurus PSN Name: Sulfurus
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice list. Please add some numbering for clarity. It gets confusing when people say up and down and I don't know if they mean literally up the list (easier) or up the difficulty (harder).

Unfortunately I've only played 71 of the songs, so I cannot comment too much. However, I feel strongly that Ring of Fire should be after (harder) than The Rock Show. This is based solely on how long it took me to get the FCs. I couldn't one hand the entire swing pattern for RoF so I had to do a weird two handed swing. RoF took me about an hour. TRS took me maybe 30 minutes (tops).

I also feel like Bullet with Butterfly Wings is way to far down (hard) on the list. I got a sightread FC of this, which was lucky, but it wouldn't have taken me long to get it anyway. Also, Superstition and Sultans of Swing took me longer to FC than this list gives credit for.

Once I finish the setlist, I'll come back with more hopefully constructive comments.

Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did leave numbers off initially, since I was expecting to move things around quite a bit. I felt The Rock Show was harder than Ring of Fire, due to the green rolls, but you're right I think, since there are far fewer FC's posted for Ring of Fire. I also moved the other 2 songs up in difficulty.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, this game is really hard to rank, because outside the top 15, everything becomes much much easier.

However, even though Deadbolt is a broken song, that intro fill can be hit. And since it's within the first 10 seconds of the song, retrying isn't as harsh as going for a song with a few chokable points or a hard roll IMO. I know it's not FCed yet, but that's my view.

How you got a sightread of Bullet With Butterfly Wings is beyond me, ccmoose It's still a difficult song with a few hard parts (The snare rolls, the weird bass pattern section, fast greens, and bridge 2 roll with offbeat yellow) I'd rank it harder than Judith, where it only came down to memorizing how to hit a bass in the last roll.

I haven't spent more than a sightread on Ring of Fire, but I don't see how it can be below Seven, Rock Show, Lust for Life, One Big Holiday and so on. If anything Disconnected was a little tougher than it, mainly because of pattern changes. (and if I recall correctly, it seemed a tad faster also). Although, I don't find RoF's pattern difficult, because the sticking method you guys are saying you're using for it is what I use on just about any song, lol. But, when I was just playing it as straight 16ths, it was working perfectly.

Outside broken songs and the last two, I agree Woman From Tokyo is the hardest.

DYFLWD may be a bit over-ranked. I know it's long, but it's hard part isn't quite hard at all. I feel as though the 7-9 songs above it are harder to FC. Any more above that and it really becomes a player's choice on whether they'd find doing a 13 minute song or practicing 1 or two spots easier/harder to FC.

I'm off to class, so I'll try to give more feedback tonight if I can.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same trouble with most of the earlier rankings. I got quite a few songs on Sightread, so haven't played them since. The top half or so is mostly grouped into "easy" songs.

ElementOfZero wrote:

How you got a sightread of Bullet With Butterfly Wings is beyond me, ccmoose

The same way he got Woman from Tokyo already

I reduced DYFLWD? in difficulty, I did over-rate it a bit.
RoF really is rather hard, though it is one of the shortest songs, so maybe it can be reduced a bit. There are more FC scores entered for the songs above it though, but I will rank Lust for Life above it.

I'll try Deadbolt again when I get back tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming Demons is ranked so hard because it's broken, right? Because I didn't think it looked hard when it came up in BQP the other day. Although, given it's broken-ness, I understand it being so hard. I'm glad to see what 84 and 85 are. I haven't played either, but I've seen the charts, and from that I agree.

Off topic response:
Sulfurus wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:

How you got a sightread of Bullet With Butterfly Wings is beyond me, ccmoose
The same way he got Woman from Tokyo already

Well, Bullet with Butterfly Wings SRFC was, as I said, luck. Every time I thought my sticking was way off and I would have to do a weird crossover, I would just miraculously get it. It came up later that week in BQP, and I missed like 4 notes. I will have to reFC that with path once we get computer-generated drum charts. It's a fun chart.

Woman from Tokyo on the other hand was about 30 minutes of practice followed by about 2-3 hours of grinding. SO many chokes trying to get the activation right where I wanted it in the Y section and the last activation after all the hard fills. Eventually, I just said "fuck it" and went with a shitty final activation.

Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Demons is that high due to the broken chart. It is still one of the hardest On-Disc though, so it wouldn't be reduced by much if the charts were fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccmoose wrote:
I'm assuming Demons is ranked so hard because it's broken, right? Because I didn't think it looked hard when it came up in BQP the other day. Although, given it's broken-ness, I understand it being so hard. I'm glad to see what 84 and 85 are. I haven't played either, but I've seen the charts, and from that I agree.

I really wish the charts weren't broken. Demon(s) is easily the best chart in the game. The only portions which are overly broken are the double kicks, and they are OVERLY broken because (iirc) it's supposed to be 4 in the place of 2 on the x chart. Hitting those require massive back end manipulation. The full double bass parts are actually very easy to combo.

Quote:

Well, Bullet with Butterfly Wings SRFC was, as I said, luck. Every time I thought my sticking was way off and I would have to do a weird crossover, I would just miraculously get it. It came up later that week in BQP, and I missed like 4 notes. I will have to reFC that with path once we get computer-generated drum charts. It's a fun chart.

That's got to be on the best sightread FCs on this side of the forums, congrats on it. If you ever want a path I could whip them up quickly. I've never made them on pathhero because I'm greedy (haha) and now that I'm on RB1 kit, even non-FCs are beating me so I guess I can let that go

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
RndmPrsnViola95  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh you started a GH5 breakdown? nice. im gonna start on gh5 this saturday lol.

ccmoose  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Deadbolt is much less hard than it's ranked now. I'd say it's easier than Brainstorm, Seven, Woman from Tokyo, Superstition, Ring of Fire, Younk Funk, Back Round, maybe even Sultans of Swing. This is based on the fact that I didn't notice the intro being broken, nor is it that hard (took me about 5 minutes to have down solid). I do think I had some inexplicable misses in the SP phrase during the easy break that had eighth or quarter notes on the bass and quarter or half notes elsewhere for about 3 or 4 counts. I just played the bass notes late though, and since they were so slow, it wasn't that hard.

To sum up, based on my experience, Deadbolt is ranked too hard on this list. I would place it below (easier) than the songs I listed above for sure.

UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccmoose wrote:
IMO, Deadbolt is much less hard than it's ranked now. I'd say it's easier than Brainstorm, Seven, Woman from Tokyo, Superstition, Ring of Fire, Younk Funk, Back Round, maybe even Sultans of Swing. This is based on the fact that I didn't notice the intro being broken, nor is it that hard (took me about 5 minutes to have down solid). I do think I had some inexplicable misses in the SP phrase during the easy break that had eighth or quarter notes on the bass and quarter or half notes elsewhere for about 3 or 4 counts. I just played the bass notes late though, and since they were so slow, it wasn't that hard.

To sum up, based on my experience, Deadbolt is ranked too hard on this list. I would place it below (easier) than the songs I listed above for sure.

I too had no idea the intro was broken. I hit it once in a real run, then missed some stupid notes, and I know I could've FC'd this. And yeah, I suck at drums.

Should be in the 40's if not less.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reduced Deadbolt in difficulty. It seems I just have more trouble with that intro fill than everyone else. I agree the rest of the song is pretty easy, except maybe that crossover roll.

I'll start adding in ranking numbers and descriptions as the positions become more stable.

A lot of the songs around the middle area seem to be fairly interchangable, feedback on the easier 2 thirds would be very welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfurus wrote:
Reduced Deadbolt in difficulty. ... I agree the rest of the song is pretty easy, except maybe that crossover roll.

I know it doesn't belong here, but if you double stick the 16th-note triplet roll, you don't have to cross over. You just play the last count of the measure with left-hand lead.

Sulfurus wrote:
...feedback on the easier 2 thirds would be very welcome.

I don't remember most of them, but when I redo the easy ones with path, I'll take notes.

hydrapower  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sympathy for the Devil really ought to be in top 5. No bass, can one-hand everything (or have your left be the red and your right be the blue/green)...I know you have to "stay awake" and all that but I don't feel that's really a reason to have it down the list so much. We should assume the drummer playing it can stay awake the entire song.

I think American Girl should be moved farther down the list (harder) because of the yellow hi-hats in the middle. One bass is on the left-hand hit each time. I haven't FC'd it in a couple tries because of this (not that it's "hard").

For the same reason Steady As She Goes should be moved farther down the list (harder). Those yellows+bass about 2/3 of the way through the song.

So therefore, move up Cigarettes, Wedding Bands (I really can't think of anything hard in this song and it's really slow), Make It Wit Chu (ditto), Wannabe in LA (only slightly trickiness is when the red is offbeat a couple of times, but that's it).

Comedown should be moved up (easier) a few spots. It's easy, just long.

Under Pressure should be moved up (easier), I think the only tricky part is one quick triplet roll and the rest is cake.

Ex-Girlfriend seems too far down. There's nothing that super-tricky in it, is there?

That's all I can think of right now until you move some stuff around.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realise Sympathy for the Devil might be easier than it is ranked, but there are a lot more FC scores posted the songs I have ranked easier. I will consider this one.

Great! I didn't remember American Girl or Steady, As She Goes having those parts, I'll rank them harder.

I thought the triplet fill in Under Pressure was quite hard, considering it finishes 1 note late, imo.

Ex-Girlfriend - yeah that was ranked way too hard. That section with the triples wasn't nearly so hard as I thought.

Also, I still can't get anywhere near that fill in Deadbolt >.>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: