ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Charity Tournament in Dunnellon, FL 10/24!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamusAranX  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Charity Tournament in Dunnellon, FL 10/24! Reply with quote

Hi all. On October 24, we'll be having a tournament here in Dunnellon, FL to raise money for world hunger. Who is we? The local Pizza Hut. Every year Pizza Hut engages in a campaign to raise money for world hunger. Usually we ask for donations over the phone or at the counter when people place an order.

We were thinking of some creative ideas to raise more money, and a Guitar Hero tournament seeemed like a fun idea.

So, as stated, on October 24 we will be having a tournament in the restaraunt. All proceeds, i.e. the entry fees will be going towards the charity. Info is below!

Where: Pizza Hut; 11192 N. Williams Street, Dunnellon, FL 34432

When: Saturday, October 24, begins @ 9:30 PM (see FAQ below)

Age Limit: Techinically none, but a three year old may not get very far.

System/Game: Playstation 2, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Difficulties: Medium or Expert

Admission Fee: $10. We ask that you sign up before hand by coming into the store, preferably by the 21st of October. However we understand that there may be out of towners and so if so you don't need to sign up until the actual tournament. The fee is due regardless at the time of the tournament.

Tournament Format: 1v1 single elimination (is that correct?). I.e. we are doing sudden death. You will face someone; if you win you move on to the next round, if you lose you're done. Songs will be chosen at random; certain songs, such as TTFAF will be eliminated from the drawing pool, i.e. it will never be played. You will only face people of the same difficulty you signed up for, and there will be winners for each difficulty.

Prizes: Pizza Hut gift cards for 2nd place in each difficulty, and for 1st place in each difficulty, Pizza Hut gift cards and Play N' Trade gift certificates most likely. I say most likely because I'm waiting for reconfirmation from Play N' Trade of Ocala that they are still going to provide prizes.

FAQ

Q: Where the heck is Dunnellon anyhow?

A: Dunnellon is in Marion County, 30 minutes southwest of Ocala, 2 hours west of Orlando, and 2 hours north of Tampa.

Q: Why the late start?

A: Because we usually have customers during the day in the dining area, a tournament would obviously interfere with their eating, not to mention get us in hot water with corporate. So we had to start that late.

Q: Why single elimintation/sudden death?

A: Since we're starting that late, we don't want to be there late in the night. At least not too late.

Q[: Who's sponsoring this?

A: Pizza Hut of Dunnellon and Play N Trade Video Games of Ocala.

If you have any other questions, please give us a call at 352-489-9101, or email me at TheShiflett@gmail.com. Thanks!
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dammit!
if I would have known about this, I would have went
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
I quit. This team is Deadhead6391s now.
you quit? so no more hacking YT accounts then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: skylerinmanSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: