Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Next Metal Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
franknfurter1000  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: The Next Metal Thread Reply with quote

Okay, guys, let's try to keep it under control. No flaming, no being a douchebag, no trolling, and, most importantly, STILL NO NU METAL.
Last page of the MT3: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97488&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1140
GO GO GO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just decided to listen to Zombie Ritual from Death. I think it's a very good song, I'll be checking more of them out.

Will their be a last.fm list in the OP or did we abandon that?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
Just decided to listen to Zombie Ritual from Death. I think it's a very good song, I'll be checking more of them out.

Will *there be a last.fm list in the OP or did we abandon that?

Starting up another last.fm list would probably be a good idea.

Death doesn't have a bad album in their discography in my opinion, so you've certainly got a lot to look forward to. Scream Bloody Gore is straight up death metal, but as you advance through their albums they lean further towards progressive death. Incidentally, Scream Bloody Gore and Sound Of Perseverance are my two favourite albums by them - their first and last. Chuck certainly had a powerful and varied voice, that's for sure.

Near the end of the previous thread, guitarroker mentioned Razormaze. Absolutely fantastic thrash from what I've heard so far. I agree that they sound like Voivod mixed with Voivod, and that's a nice combination. :P

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
guitarroker  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last.fm is just guitarroker if we decide to make a list again.

@TheLonging: Start with Scream Bloody Gore and work your way chronologically forward, but skip Human and go straight for Individual Thought Patterns. Human is just that except slightly worse. Listen to Lack of Comprehension though, one of Death's best songs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Next Metal Thread Reply with quote

franknfurter1000 wrote:
Okay, guys, let's try to keep it under control. No flaming, no being a douchebag, no trolling, and, most importantly, STILL NO NU METAL.
Last page of the MT3: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97488&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1140
GO GO GO

Hey, I wanted to start...
*reads the actual post*
You're very lucky you got to do the MT4! Congrats!
/me trying not to be a douchebag
inkjt510  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od3w_RtZAFk
Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man
GH3 Goals: Enlightened Guitarist [ ] 13
FG5*: TTFAF, TWIE
Subrick  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must talk about Sarcofago. They are very awesome. WIthout them, there wouldn't be corpsepaint.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Subrick
http://subrick.blip.tv
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Subrick/107321395984265?ref=ts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: None yet PSN Name: None yet
guitarroker  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subrick wrote:
We must talk about Sarcofago. They are very awesome. WIthout them, there wouldn't be corpsepaint.

God forbid...

They are one of the best black/thrash bands ever though. INRI and Rotting are just awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone saw my post I when I was talking about Animals As Leaders. This band is quickly becoming one of my new favorites. I've been listening to their S/T album more than The Great Misdirect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ho4-tExpTE

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Ensiferum  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
I don't know if anyone saw my post I when I was talking about Animals As Leaders. This band is quickly becoming one of my new favorites. I've been listening to their S/T album more than The Great Misdirect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ho4-tExpTE

I fucking love AAL. I wanted to get a shirt last week, but I had some issues with my card going through their site .

If you like AAL, you may also enjoy these instrumental acts:

Blotted Science - I still have a lot to listen to, but from what I've heard, they are incredible.
Continuo Renacer - Think Dream Theater but better and with more balls.
Cloudkicker - I don't know what the general opinion is on CK, but I really enjoy it. All their albums are available free on their website it you want to check them out.

Not instrumental but awesome nonetheless:

Prayer for Cleansing - HA, you may have heard of this band (former band of Tommy and Paul). Wicked Metalcore with other influences.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal is too badass for one thread to handle.

Well anyway, I've recently gotten into a band called Slough Feg, anyone heard of them?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ChadHasADD
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subrick wrote:

Idk how the hell we did not talk about them last time, really good stuff.

Anyway, I heard Atheist is planning a new album this year, can anyone verify this or am I just dreaming?
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganondorf901 wrote:
Anyway, I heard Atheist is planning a new album this year, can anyone verify this or am I just dreaming?

I can, and that it is going to be coming to Rock Band Network supposedly (What Kelly told me).

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subrick wrote:

In terms of Metal, King Crimson did it first (Wear corpsepaint) a few years earlier.

ganondorf901 wrote:

It's true.

Kelly said they were going to record after they got done touring Europe back in July when I saw them. It's also suppose to come with a sticker that completes this 2-sticker design. The other half of the sticker comes with Gnostic's album Engineering the Rule (a band featuring some of the same members of Atheist, especially Steve Flynn ) that came out earlier this year. (And is pretty sweet by the way. The guys from Gnostic and Atheist are very cool and were glad to sign the pile of merch - including the CD - that the female and I bought that night.)

Now, last night I went to a show. Small and homey place a little west of Detroit. I never heard any of the bands that were there until I went in and saw them live. Abigail Williams (Black Metal), Woe of Tyrants (Death Metal w/ some Teutonic Thrash influence), and Augury (Technical Death Metal) are three really sweet bands. It's been a while since I headbanged so hard, and it was a great show to hold me over until November 12th.

(If anyone is going to the Vader/Warbringer Tour in november, you'll see Augury there as well - the guy said they were playing on that tour.)

Oh, and one last thing. Finally was able to listen to Scar Symmetry's new album. As some of the fans probably know, they lost Christian after Holographic Universe and most of us have been uncertain if they were going to be able to put out sweet songs anymore. Well, if anyone had their doubts, I am here to tell you that you can go out and get this album, it's different yeah, but they pulled it off without Christian and it is a good listen.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
Octavian  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warbringer is beast :S

anyone know anygood Cybergrind bands? (other than wcwbt...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82  Next
Page 1 of 82

Jump to: