Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Next Metal Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 80, 81, 82  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this might not directly relate to metal perse but RIP Seth Putnam of Anal Cunt

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/13/seth-putnam-dies-aged-43

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK there's this metal/death metal song I listened too back in like 2002 and it samples this scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS5lu6jde8c 2:50 from The Breakfast Club.

It's called like Diary of an abused child or something...

Has anyone ever heard it? I can't find it anywhere... I thought it was by Napalm Death but it must have been mistagged
GarageMetal468  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
OK there's this metal/death metal song I listened too back in like 2002 and it samples this scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS5lu6jde8c 2:50 from The Breakfast Club.

It's called like Diary of an abused child or something...

Has anyone ever heard it? I can't find it anywhere... I thought it was by Napalm Death but it must have been mistagged

Dystopia - Diary of a Battered Child

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvXg3BLAR_E

The sample's near the end of the song, 3:45

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!

That's it ahah

thank you
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albums I've been playing:

Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
Coffin Texts - Gods of Creation, Death, and Afterlife
Sikth - Death of a Dead Day (Avant-Garde Metalcore, actually pretty sick)
I Shalt Become - Poison

Anyone found any gems that they want to share?
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not yet released, I've heard everything from Anthrax's new album "Worship Music" and it's pretty kickass. It's kind of a mix of old and new Anthrax and Joey is great to have back. Probably my favorite of theirs since Persistence. Would definitely recommend it if you like some good heavy metal with bits of thrash.
matt6662  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
While not yet released, I've heard everything from Anthrax's new album "Worship Music" and it's pretty kickass. It's kind of a mix of old and new Anthrax and Joey is great to have back. Probably my favorite of theirs since Persistence. Would definitely recommend it if you like some good heavy metal with bits of thrash.

Already got it pre-ordered. I'm gonna check out their secret show the day it drops while I'm in NYC for the Big 4 concert. Super stoked, also can't wait for 11/1 when Megadeth's "Th1rt3en" drops as well. Public Enemy #1 is fucking sick. Also I'm curious as to how the Metallica and Lou Reed collaboration "Lulu" will be. I won't be getting it day of release (because of my money going to Th1rt3en), but I'll give it a listen to see if it's any good or not. I'm kind of skeptical about it, but don't judge a book by it's cover right?

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the album cover for "Lulu", but I'm curious about the collaboration, being that I don't hate everything Metallicas done, other than St. Anger.

And Thirteen has been completely announced now.

And here is Public Enemy No. 1. A pretty traditional Deth song, so nothing big in it, but it's not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08d7ypmAqX4

Also the tracklist is below. Yes, three of those songs are previously released on the remasters and as a digital release for UA. Dave has said that while New World Order is pretty close to the same, Millenium and Black Swan have been reworked, cause they are apparently unfinished songs. I'm stoked that New World Order is getting an official release and hopefully playtime now, cause it became one of my favorites when it released on the Youthanasia Remaster.

Sudden Death
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
We The People
Guns, Drugs, & Money
Never Dead
New World Order
Fast Lane
Black Swan
Wrecker
Millennium of the Blind
Deadly Nighthshade
BloodyFistHole  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a very big fan of Anthrax (in fact, I think it was far too kind for Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer to allow them to be part of the Big 4 tour, but their new album 'Worship Music' is incredible. Every song is at the very least good, and most of them are fantastic. Tons of memorable moments on this album.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Revocation is better than what you're listening to.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Anthrax album is just bad.

New Disma is amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8tc55XBPxU
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
The new Anthrax album is just bad.

New Disma is amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8tc55XBPxU

Well that was obnoxious to listen to lol

The new Revocation doesn't sound too bad. Musically it's good, vocals are pretty awful to me though.

I think the next album coming up that I'm interested in, is Eviles new release "Five Serpent's Teeth" and then after that is Iced Earths new release "Dystopia", mostly cause I'm interested in their new singer.

Evile "Five Serpent's Teeth" Preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np5HFxA3U4s

Iced Earth "Dante's Inferno" re-recorded for Dystopia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUxRKUh9KTY
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a little off-genre for many of you, but has anyone listened to the new We Came As Romans album? I've only heard the single (Mis//Understanding) but so far I'm pleased with it, so I have a good feeling about the rest of it.

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
Twang  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Mastodon leaked and it is all sorts of radical. My main complaints have to do with the song Creature Lives. The song itself is great, and reminds me of Pink Floyd in all the right ways, but it's thrown in the middle of the back half of the album and really disrupts the flow of things. It would have made a pretty good opener, and if it had been so, the slightly-too-long intro wouldn't seem so slightly-too-long. I'd also switch Curl of the Burl and Black Tongue around, but that's just me nitpicking.

Every Mastodon album has been notably different from the last and this is no different. Some felt Crack the Skye was a huge step from Blood Mountain, and with The Hunter, they seem to have dialed it back quite a bit. Makes me wonder if CtS was just an off-shoot foray in to progressive psych rock or if it might still be a glimpse of things to come...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm liking Mastadons new album a little bit. I've never been a fan of them at all. Something about them just doesn't draw me in. I bought Blood Mountain on a whim cause everyone was going nuts over it, did not like it. I heard some stuff from Crack the Skye, again, didn't get into it.

So far I'm kinda liking Blasteroid and Black Tongue, still having a few more to check out, again, still not really into them a ton, not that they aren't accomplished musicians, just something about their style doesn't appeal to me quite as much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 80, 81, 82  Next
Page 81 of 82

Jump to: