ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Game Universe Closing Last Day 11/01/09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Game Universe Closing Last Day 11/01/09 Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm sorry to say that because of being so scammed at GameUniCon by John Keough and economic issues Game Universe will be closing. Our last day open will be Sunday 11/01/09.

We are very sorry this has to happen.

I want to thank all of our friends that I have met through GU over the years, as well as all of the amazing Pro-Level gamers that have come to our events.

If you would like to, stop by sometime this weekend and say hi! We will be celebrating all weekend long. I wish we could do a huge party but we are having our final Major Tournament Sunday for Street Fighter IV, Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur IV and Saturday is Halloween. (call first in case we decide to close early on Halloween we will be open til at least 7p)

We just found this out from the bank and wish we were given more time to prepare.

Game Universe will continue to run some local events in the future so check back right here and our website, Myspace, etc... for more info on those events.

I(Store Manager Jamie) will be running a Rock Band/GH, Street Fighter IV, and Tekken 6 night at a bar in Framingham called The Tavern. I would love to see you guys come out and have fun with me. It is a 21+ venue but those of age should come have some fun. It is:

Game Universe Presents:
Rock Band and Fight Night (SFIV and Tekken)
Every Sunday Night
8p-12p
The Tavern
102 Irving Street
Framingham, MA 01701
(774)999-0750

I am working on a venue to hold other events like Smash Bros Mass Madness and I hope to announce something soon. I feel responsible to help the awesome community that we love stay alive and continue to grow.

I want to say thank you to everyone who loves our store and for helping make my dreams come true. Game Universe has been more than I ever imagined thank you again.

Much love,

Jamie
Store Manager
Game Universe
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say that I'm incredibly bummed with this announcement . It's really too bad that it was to end this way, but I'm definitely going to try and make it down there to see you guys one last time.

I'd certainly go to the RB tournament, but unfortunately I'm going to NY to do some things with my Rock Band. I guess I actually have you and the rest of the store to thank for having all of these tournaments where I got to meet other players since I met both HellAshes and Tobias911 and we are all now a sponsored Rock Band. Without these tournaments, I probably would never had met either of them. I also met two very good friends (Armageddon and samling) because of these tournaments, plus I was able to meet a bunch of other cool people like Th3DarkM3tal, Fphantasmagoria (sp?), Shashakiro, and way too many others to list.

I also loved the store too. A much friendlier and smarter staff than place like Gamestop and were always very cool to talk to. Plus you had games that we all the way back to the NES and eariler, which is awesome considering Gamestop doesn't even sell anything before the ps2 anymore. I was even able to buy one of the older copies of FFVII, which is rare to even find online at a reasonable price. And even though the Convention kind of killed you guys, it was still a shitload of fun and was really cool to have so many players in the same hotel and see some really awesome bands.

Again, I'm really bummed you guys are going out of business, but you bet your ass I'm gonna download Hitch Up (I'm so Stupid) on Rock Band once Rock Band Network goes live. I guess I'll see you around.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

=( I literally cried when I heard about this news.
I'm so sorry to hear this, really.
I know I've only made a few trips to GU... seeing as i'm 45 Min. - 1 hour drive away from the store, but in those few trips, I honestly have to say, GU was THEE coolest gaming place for every gamer to just chill... and relax and get to meet other great gamers. Brock, Bryant (gaara) and John (guitarherodude - only met him at GameUnicon) were probably the coolest people I got to meet and become friends with during my time there.

I know my posting on this thread is EXTREMELY late, and to whoever sees it that met me, I just wanna let you all know you are all the coolest fucking people to ever live.

Oh, and Brock you did spell it right :P I'll be making a new name on here though...seeing my gamertag isn't Fphantasmagoria anymore >.>

(P.S. I heard about something... Game Underground [GU]????????)
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fphantasmagoria wrote:
(P.S. I heard about something... Game Underground [GU]????????)

Did you now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: